''thats Just Made My Night''

ajb

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

picture this, your having one of the best nights out you've had for a long time, then the DJ plays that tune.......................''thats just made my night''

what would that tune be?

alan

2004 four vandels wrong side of the record dealer smile.gif

2005 magnetics i have a girl

2006 coco and ben good feeling

2007 rita & tiaras surprise

2008 currently marge dodson be your baby

A bit boring but keen on them at the time

Social source share

2004 four vandels wrong side of the record dealer smile.gif

2005 magnetics i have a girl

2006 coco and ben good feeling

2007 rita & tiaras surprise

2008 currently marge dodson be your baby

A bit boring but keen on them at the time

Bloomin' heck, you think that's boring.....how about these.......now I don't get out and about as much as I used to, but, two tunes that made two recent nighters even more memorable for me and that I will now always associate with these venues/nights whenever I hear them, are.....'I'm So Tired Of Being Lonely' The Sharpees played by Karl at the recent Wolverhampton Peps do, it seemed to come across so much louder and clearer, totally enveloped me, sounded brilliant.....t'other was at Bidds some time last year when Mace (I think?) dropped 'Be's That Way Some Times' Bobby Wells, again so loud and clear, stopped me in my tracks.....not heard them out for ages especially the Sharpees it was like I was hearing them properly for the first time......could be the new hearing aid though rolleyes.gif ........ biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

picture this, your having one of the best nights out you've had for a long time, then the DJ plays that tune.......................''thats just made my night''

what would that tune be?

alan

So many tunes make my night it would be a book....but a few that will get me running to the dance floor, indiscriminately knocking people over on my way are,

Pat & The Blenders - Just Because

Gerri Hall - Who Can I Run Too

Johnny Bartel - If This Isn't Love

Vanguards - Good Times, Bad Times

KTF

Baz

Social source share

what would that tune be?

alan

George Pepp - the feeling is real

Karmello Brooks - Tell me baby

are two that usually drag my lazy drunken arse to the floor !

Social source share

what would that tune be?

alan

This happened to me last night, there I was quietly having a good time as always at Blue Skies with great mates and great music when Jon Downs played Liz Verdi - You let him get away, I thought I had died and gone to heaven, I will show my ignorance here I had never heard this before and it blew me away, today I listened to the B side and just as awesome.......guess what is top of my wants list :)

QoFxx

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

Ann Haywood - Crook his little finger

Ann Sexton - You've been gone too long

Belita Woods - Magic corner

The Accents - Spring song

The Exits - Another sundown in Watts

The Radiants - Voice your choice

I have no idea why those 6 really do it for me but I still can't hear enough of them. Think I'll go and play them now...

Social source share

what would that tune be?

alan

I was part of the DJ lineup at an all - nighter in Siena , Italy , when there were two tunes , played by two of the other DJs , that made my night .......

One , spun by Meni , was Jerry Jackson's " It's Rough Out There " , and the other , spun by Barbara Grassi , was Rhonda Davis'

" Can You Remember " ........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I was part of the DJ lineup at an all - nighter in Siena , Italy , when there were two tunes , played by two of the other DJs , that made my night .......

One , spun by Meni , was Jerry Jackson's " It's Rough Out There " , and the other , spun by Barbara Grassi , was Rhonda Davis'

" Can You Remember " ........

Malc Burton

The Jerry Jsckson always reminds me of a time when Randy C was selling me tunes and he offered me this for £5 and I didn't have the money sad.gif:shades: 27 years on, I'm still in trauma over that.....

But for me, it's:

Martha Starr - Sweet Temptation (I think it was Kenny Burrell who played this at Capitol Soul Club - I nearly passed out)

Flash McKinley - I'll rescue you

Sapphires - Gotta have your love

Earl Van Dyke - All for you (the UK TMG version preferably :) )

Social source share

what would that tune be?

alan

Soul Bross inc - Pyramid

Lil Major Williams - girl (you're so sweet, you're so fine)

Magnetics - Lady in green

Shyrley Edwards - Dream my heart

Mick Smith in the First "Gonna be a big thing" of Valencia Northern Soul Club......unforgettable.

Social source share

Any of the below !!!!

Mel Britt - She'll Come Running Back

Isley Brothers - My Love Is Your Love

Jeff Perry - Love Dont Come No Stronger

Jesse James - If You Want A Love Affair

Mandrill - Too Late

Ujima - I'm Not Ready

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Any of the below !!!!

Mel Britt - She'll Come Running Back

Isley Brothers - My Love Is Your Love

Jeff Perry - Love Dont Come No Stronger

Jesse James - If You Want A Love Affair

Mandrill - Too Late

Ujima - I'm Not Ready

I can sort you out a couple of those when I see you at York....anything to keep the dancers happy :rolleyes: Jo x

Social source share

I can sort you out a couple of those when I see you at York....anything to keep the dancers happy :thumbsup: Jo x

A couple will just about do Jo :shades: and make sure they dont follow one another - my legs aint what they used to be :yes:

Brad x

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

what would that tune be?

alan

Martells "where can my baby be" just so................... :D

Steve J

Social source share

what would that tune be?

alan

Check out Steve Thomas's playlist if its about from the Radcliffe alniter before Christmas - he did that to me about half a dozen times! :lol: . Only record he didn't play that makes my night is Pat Lewis - No one to Love.

so guess who our Guest DJ is at Bury on friday?.... :D - of course, Ste Thomas guesting with Pete Hulatt who co-incidentally owns a copy of that Pat Lewis tune too... :unsure:

Nothing like booking Dj's to suit your own tastes! LOL.

Jayne.x. (selfish promotor type!).

Social source share

what would that tune be?

alan

Theres a few that spring to mind Alan for different reasons, for the reason that it is so bloody good The Young Brothers "Baby" on Soul Power and for the reason that it is so bloody good and only a cheapie where the DJ has had the vision and balls to play it The Enchanted Five " Have you ever" on CVS and The C. O. D,S "Pretty Baby" on Kellmac. There are thousands of top quality tunes out there that cost nowt and deserve to be played, lets hear em.

Kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert