Just Curious

Pauldonnelly

has anyone over the years purchased a record that they'd never heard before on the strength of a 30 sec, 45 sec may be a 60 sec soundbite? only to be mortified when actually hearing the record on the decks for the first time.

Listening along, thinking,"yeah this is ok for ?£ when something comes out the speakers which is shyte, and its always where the origonal soundbite would have ended.

A telephone is Ringing - Sam and The Soul Walkers - Trans American is my example, anyone else :lol:

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

My most favourite 'marketing' ploy when I used to produce the Turntable Records sales lists :rolleyes::shades:

How else do you think I manged to sell all that sh**e!! :lol:

Can't name them off the top of my head, but examples have included things that saw a dramatic change in tempo (after the clip offered, of course) and them one's that you discover, when you get 'em on the decks, had been recorded at either an increased or decreased speed. Best one was a 45 recorded at 33rpm :ohmy: I thought that was stretching things a bit tooo far! :rolleyes:

Fingers :yes:

Social source share

A telephone is Ringing - Sam and The Soul Walkers - Trans American is my example, anyone else :D

This also came out on Tangerine as by The Turnarounds titled 'Somewhere In This World (a telephone is ringing)'.....the only difference being you don't hear the telephone ringing on the intro as you do on the Sam/Soul Walkers.......that ringing telephone really makes the record for me :yes: ........ :P

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

has anyone over the years purchased a record that they'd never heard before on the strength of a 30 sec, 45 sec may be a 60 sec soundbite? only to be mortified when actually hearing the record on the decks for the first time.

Listening along, thinking,"yeah this is ok for ?£ when something comes out the speakers which is shyte, and its always where the origonal soundbite would have ended.

A telephone is Ringing - Sam and The Soul Walkers - Trans American is my example, anyone else :(

I've got one or two that sounded a lot better with a few :D inside me :P .

Problem is if I didn't buy when I'd had a drink, I would never take any records home from a soul night :yes:

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

I've got one or two that sounded a lot better with a few :D inside me :P .

Problem is if I didn't buy when I'd had a drink, I would never take any records home from a soul night :yes:

Steve J

-----

you GOTTA listen to little dion - ten feet tall on RCA

great beat but his VOICE is unreal and totally spoils it!!!!

think theres one on John manships site

Social source share

My most favourite 'marketing' ploy when I used to produce the Turntable Records sales lists :P:lol:

How else do you think I manged to sell all that sh**e!! :lol:

Can't name them off the top of my head, but examples have included things that saw a dramatic change in tempo (after the clip offered, of course) and them one's that you discover, when you get 'em on the decks, had been recorded at either an increased or decreased speed. Best one was a 45 recorded at 33rpm :( I thought that was stretching things a bit tooo far! :D

Fingers :lol:

Can see why your called FINGERS now :yes::P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert