• Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest recordman

hi all

Has anyone got a realistic value for this please??

Also ,because ive had no luck tracing it ,how many are out there??

thanx in advance

Nev :ohmy:

Ermm...Steve Plumb might be able to help........ but dont tell anybody :yes:
Social source share

:ohmy: £300+, Get the "Little Anthony" version on "Pure Gold" alot cheaper and just as good imho :wicked: ,anyone got a date

for the "FC" 45.

Dave f.............

"anyone got a date

for the "FC" 45. ?

We got this 45 as a "new release" off Daly City Bob around 1977-ish. There is no date on the label, but Bob sent me a box during the 70s.

I also like the meatier flipside "I Can't Get Enough" which is real 70s Northern Soul with attitude. Value would be well in excess of £300 today, demand seems to be swelling by the day and it's tough to find.

Social source share

"anyone got a date

for the "FC" 45. ?

We got this 45 as a "new release" off Daly City Bob around 1977-ish. There is no date on the label, but Bob sent me a box during the 70s.

I also like the meatier flipside "I Can't Get Enough" which is real 70s Northern Soul with attitude. Value would be well in excess of £300 today, demand seems to be swelling by the day and it's tough to find.

Mr John

In your humble opinion, whcih is the harder label design? The one above posted by Val (which i had a spare of) or the plain 'dark purple' 60's looking label (which i actually have)?

I agree that the B side has summat too doesn't it and i see you played both sides recently at The Greatstone too!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

:rolleyes: £300+, Get the "Little Anthony" version on "Pure Gold" alot cheaper and just as good imho :D ,anyone got a date

for the "FC" 45.

Dave f.............

Although i love Little Anthony, got to disagree with you there Dave! imvho The song is perfect for a female vocal, so French Coffey does it for me everytime!

Hope your well mate - see you soon

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

....just noticed it say's on the label from the L.P. 'From Nothing To Everything' anyone ever seen one?

This scan is the same design as mine, I didn't know it came any different, the yellow Pick A Hit is an earlier design, Younghearts is 1967, Walter Bolden is 1969 (i think), Special Affair is certainly 1977.

None of the release #'s seem to tie up, but they are all Bobby Sanders related. His first record on the Pick-A-Label sounds about 1965/66 and is a plain red label. So there's no consistancy in label design.

Did French Coffey get released on the yellow design also??

Social source share

This scan is the same design as mine, I didn't know it came any different, the yellow Pick A Hit is an earlier design, Younghearts is 1967, Walter Bolden is 1969 (i think), Special Affair is certainly 1977 that label is plain yellow with black text.

None of the release #'s seem to tie up, but they are all Bobby Sanders related. His first record on the Pick-A-Label sounds about 1965/66 and is a plain red label. So there's no consistancy in label design.

Social source share

Although i love Little Anthony, got to disagree with you there Dave! imvho The song is perfect for a female vocal, so French Coffey does it for me everytime!

Hope your well mate - see you soon

Cheers

Steve

Exception to the rule applies here Steve

Little Anthony sounds like a girl :lol:

Social source share

This scan is the same design as mine, I didn't know it came any different, the yellow Pick A Hit is an earlier design, Younghearts is 1967, Walter Bolden is 1969 (i think), Special Affair is certainly 1977.

Hi John

The label on mine is plain with no graphics and is sort of a deep maroon colour - looks like a 60's West Coast vinyl press!!!!!

Social source share

Hi John

The label on mine is plain with no graphics and is sort of a deep maroon colour - looks like a 60's West Coast vinyl press!!!!!

That'll be the bootleg then Steve :) .

Mine's on the logo that Val posted up, had it for years, and probably one of John's original Daly City Bob's imports. This has never been around in quantity, I've only ever seen 3 or 4, and bought them when they were about, to pass on to deserving collector types. Never seen your maroon label though, any chance of a scan :thumbsup:

Edited by Wrongcrowd
Social source share

That'll be the bootleg then Steve :lol: .

Mine's on the logo that Val posted up, had it for years, and probably one of John's original Daly City Bob's imports. This has never been around in quantity, I've only ever seen 3 or 4, and bought them when they were about, to pass on to deserving collector types. Never seen your maroon label though, any chance of a scan thumbsup.gif

Hi Cliff

Well I'm about to write me latest article for Howard's Soul Up North and was going to review FC along with a scan!

When i've done the scan i'll post it up here.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve Plumb
Social source share

Hi Cliff

Well I'm about to write me latest article for Howard's Soul Up North and was going to review FC along with a scan!

When i've done the scan i'll post it up here.

Cheers

Steve

Does your article mention the Delicates on Pulsar, I can't locate my copy right now, but I'm certain Bobby Sanders was involved g.gif

Social source share

love the dee edwards, what a great cheap record,sounds fantastic when played out loud, have got the delicates version as well, again a great record, only needs playing , and will deffo have it's day in the sun imo. :hypo::hypo:

agree Mick on both counts.You selling the Delicates pal?. :hypo: .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!