Bobby Adams , Thats The Kind Of Man I Am

Guest Leigh J

• Replies 27
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Cmon boys, you can't be serious saying this is no good, a bit off the wall but a great record, mean and moody dance record. One of the ones that started me on the route of looking for something different back in the day. Great out loud over a system. This and the thing on Phil LA (Over and Over) were to me the two greatest things underplayed at beginning of 80's, hope Bobby Adams is still to have it's day although the rarity may be against that.

Social source share

Cmon boys, you can't be serious saying this is no good, a bit off the wall but a great record, mean and moody dance record. One of the ones that started me on the route of looking for something different back in the day. Great out loud over a system. This and the thing on Phil LA (Over and Over) were to me the two greatest things underplayed at beginning of 80's, hope Bobby Adams is still to have it's day although the rarity may be against that.

Agree Jock,

Someone played it at Lifeline t'other week (don't know who) and it sounded triffic after all those years!

Bloody right record (IMO)!

Sean

• Helpful 1
Social source share

====

aint saying its no good but just a difficult tempo to dance to....defo a good record but not a GREAT one...

only imo of course..

Social source share

====

aint saying its no good but just a difficult tempo to dance to....defo a good record but not a GREAT one...

only imo of course..

No thats a fair comment Mark, since I just stumble side to side on dance floor, I can dance to those tricky records :rolleyes:

Re the good and great comment I think its one of those that since its been so rarely played its difficult to judge that, but again not an unfair comment

Glad to see its having its day though!

Social source share

No thats a fair comment Mark, since I just stumble side to side on dance floor, I can dance to those tricky records :rolleyes:

Re the good and great comment I think its one of those that since its been so rarely played its difficult to judge that, but again not an unfair comment

===

had an emi cut years ago of this with Billy Harner - i got it from heaven on the b side..dont think ive played either inside or outside of my home ....lol

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I don't think it's a difficult dancer. Nice and gritty, especially Bobby's tough guy vocal. A great record imo and i'd like to hear it out again.

Just got this vision now of people drunkenly stumbling around to it :rolleyes:

Social source share

No thats a fair comment Mark, since I just stumble side to side on dance floor, I can dance to those tricky records :lol:

Evening Jock

Colin (Kung Fu Slipper :D ) Law revived TTKMIA in the Shotts days to packed floors if memory serves but due for more exposure. I think it was Kitch who played it at Lifeline wasn't it?

ah..edit.. just seen Chalky's post :lol:

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

I have him on Pilma, Purdy and Battle after a quick look.

One of my fave male artists, I also have him on Colpix, Bo-Ad (obviously his own label), Tra-X of course.

I am sure more labels but can`t remember from the top of my head right now. He used to work as a security / bodyguard eighties and nineties, don`t know if still active though. Among his clients used to be the major from LA at one point if again I remember correctly. And yes, Betty Lou was his wife in the later days. I tried to contact him when he was with Lionel Richie as the chief of his bodyguards over here in Berlin but sadly couldn`t get thru...would have been nice to chat with this man I am sure...

post-1700-1203174486_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert