Tuesday's List Fiasco

Pete S

I'm going to be sending out another Modern & Crossover list today but I just wanted to say something about the fiasco that was the previous list on Tuesday.

The scenario is:

Customer 1 asks for five records. I've got 3 of them, so I reserve them, write back to customer 1 and say I've got three records for you.

Meanwhile I get an email or call from Customer 2 who wants 3 of the same records as Customer 1. I have to tell him that they have already been reserved, by Customer 1.

An hour later I get an email from Customer 1 saying that he really wanted all five records and because I'd only got three of them, he now doesn't want any of them.

Which means I've told Customer 2 that the records he wanted had been reserved, when in fact they are now available again.

This happened four times on Tuesday and it caused me no end of problems so please, can I politely ask:

If you don't really want the records you ask for, just don't order them.

In future I'll treat all enquiries for records as orders and will process them so please make sure you do want what you ask for.

Thanks for reading

Pete

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 7
  • Views 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

All I can say is you have some very odd customers.....in the old days we'd ring up for 5 records off a list and were sometimes lucky if we got one. Never heard of "I must have all 5 or nothing" Weird.....What were they Thunderbirds Vol 1-5 or something? :lol:

By mentioning the Thunderbirds Vol's, do you or Pete have any? I'm missing two volumes :ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!