• Replies 18
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest SteveJohnston

OK Anoraks and all, just a bit of teaser...what was the address...with so much referance on here does anyone know...

I will post the answer if no one comes forward....heres a clue...it's in Nashville!

Would i be right thinking "453 chestnut Street Nashville" i'm sure i've seen this address printed in a soul mag at some time in the past.

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

OK Anoraks and all, just a bit of teaser...what was the address...with so much referance on here does anyone know...

I will post the answer if no one comes forward....heres a clue...it's in Nashville!

post-6465-1203159877_thumb.jpg

:thumbup:

Social source share

:thumbup:

post-6465-1203160467_thumb.jpg

post-6465-1203160475_thumb.jpg

post-6465-1203160490_thumb.jpg

:shades: United Record Pressing 453 Chestnut Street Nashville, TN 327203 (615)259-9396

or.........Dixies (615) 256-0922 631 Hamilton, Nashville, Tennesee 37203

I dont know ...... could be NRP (Nashville Record Productions) 469 Chestnut St. Nashville TN 37203

g.gif Come on the answer please.......

post-6465-1203160467_thumb.jpg

post-6465-1203160475_thumb.jpg

post-6465-1203160490_thumb.jpg

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Hello,

It was Sound of Nashville, more recently known as Nashville Record Productions (NRP) at 469 Chestnut Street, only a few hundred yards away from United (URP).

I've had a few plates cut at NRP by George Ingram, he's a nice guy and does a good job.

By the way, NRP don't actually press records; most of their lacquers go to United or up to Archer in Detroit.

Have I won a cash prize???

wink.gif

Paul

Social source share

This is really intresting stuff....................what stamp did they use at the "453 Chestnut Street" address?

Gotta run because I have heard the 17:30 leaving from Chester rail station this evening is a re-commisioned C class Deltic locomotive from 1954!

thumbup.gif On genuine passenger service again !

Social source share

This is really intresting stuff....................what stamp did they use at the "453 Chestnut Street" address?

Gotta run because I have heard the 17:30 leaving from Chester rail station this evening is a re-commisioned C class Deltic locomotive from 1954!

:D On genuine passenger service again !

Deltics weren't introduced in 1954 - if you're gonna talk trains etc etc rolleyes.gif:(

Social source share

Ok time out.....TUT TUT............no correct answer....must try harder Anoraks next time with ARCHER.

so here we are

Nashville Phono Matrix Incorporated

310 Chestnut Street

Nashville 37210

Run by Henry F Kemp and family

Plating and processing only and no pressing.

Although you could go along to United Pressings who did pressing at 453 Chestnut .........

The train is about to leave platform 1, come on Sir you've been waiting some time, your name?

"Don, Don Thomas and i have been waiting since 1972...so Train Start Moving" :lol:

Next stop on Anorak Express...ARCHER, Detroit...over to you guys...we must have a prize for this thread, any ideas?

Social source share

Does anyone have any dating information for Archer (AR-) pressings?

Hello,

Rainbo had several addresses but their best known location was 1738 Berkely Street, Santa Monica, CA. 90404

In the mid 1980s their capacity for 7" singles was 20,000 per day (working two shifts) and I expect they had picked up a lot of business when Monarch closed.

Nice to see that Rainbo are still in business today.

Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!