Label trivia - dore

Mike

more odd ball trivia stumbled across on travels, Bit of background on dore label and boss

A unique label featuring the comedy stylings of several artists famous from radio and television -- including Hudson and Landry, Victor Buono, Jim Backus, Joey Reynolds, Lew Bedell -- mixed with classic R & B acts like Rita and Tiaras, The Superbs, The Entertainers IV, Starbright, Kenard, The Debonnairs, Ray 'Ace' Acevendo, Fridays Child, The Jades, and Jenny B. Classic entertainment at its best!

WHO THE HELL IS LEW BEDELL? Creator of Dore Records Lew Bedell (the founder of Dore Records) was born in Texas. At the age of four his family moved to Los Angeles, but he found 'em anyway. His Father was a 'heavy' drinker (carrying home a case of Scotch every other night). That's 'heavy,' man! When his Father died he was cremated, according to his wishes. With all that alcohol in him, to this day he is known to all as "The Enternal Flame." The only important thing that happened to Lew between the ages of four and fifteen is that he lost his virginity when he was eleven to a thirteen year old girl named Cookie. He felt very important about it because he was the only one she didn't charge for....rest of story at

https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/i35_10845

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Am I the only person who thinks The Superbs 'The Wind Is Blowing' on Dore is an absolutely monster dancer? Never, ever heard it played anywhere (may be wrong of course). I've got most of the (soul) output on Dore and this is the best of the lot IMO.

So - has it been played by anyone?

Dan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!