If I Ever Sell

Simon T

I've been selling some stuff lately and a few items I promised that if I ever sold , I'd give certain individuals 'first refusal' for what I paid them for it Obviously, prices have gone up over the last few years and I was wondering if I should feel obliged to sell;

1) To the original seller

2) At the original price?

Anyone else been in this predicament?

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've been selling some stuff lately and a few items I promised that if I ever sold , I'd give certain individuals 'first refusal' for what I paid them for it Obviously, prices have gone up over the last few years and I was wondering if I should feel obliged to sell;

if the original seeler is a good friend then i would give them first refusal and if he/she was a good friend they would do the decent thing by you and give a fair price to both of you, i would but then do you really want or need to sell them :P

Social source share

Dont make promises you cant keep Simon,should know that.......keep em.

I bought a record cheap of someone for £40 once,same deal as above gave him it back two weeks later and he gave me £80 without ax`in.

Social source share

No, because I sold all my best 45s (200 plus) to Mick Smith in 94 (including that rnb track by Carl Underwood on Merging records) for f*** all because the baddies were trying to kill me for money!!!!

Sell them if you want to................sell them if you need to!

Dont spend the rest of your life crying about the deal! LOL

Edited by mossy
Social source share

definitely but ONLY if you are including a Dream Team and Royal Esquires bought at least 10 years ago :thumbsup:

Otherwise IMO no - you laid out the purchase price not knowing whether it would end up worth more or less...... you took the risk - if it's worth more now, good for you. Not all of them may be.

Social source share

[/quote

I`ve sold records back to close mates not that long ago the price I sold them because they were good good mates and they`d started collecting again, just a personal choice. Only on the promise that if they sell up i get to buy them back at the same price. I always give my close pals a real good price. If They ask enough, eventually they get it for nowt. Just the way I was brought up back in the day.

Jerry Cook " Hurt on the other side" Capitol demo £15

Youngblood Smith ..Verve £10

Jack Montgomery..Scepter £30

Alice Clark..WB £50

Wliie Tee " First Taste of Hurt" £30

Hank Hodge " One way love " £50

Carl Underwood " Aint You... " £40

and a few others, again a personal choice.

But if you`re not sure, Dont sell !!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!