Simsy

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 14
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I do. The one on the Kent lp is a different take to the one on the Scepter 45.

link

087 The Hurt of the City - Kent. Yeah have the album also have a Stardust pressing. If the Kent LP version is different it must be only very slight. Version I'm talking about is quite different. As stated much more wailing.

Edited by Ian Sims
Social source share

Whaling, I thought only Iceland and Japan did that these days? Sorry... :thumbsup::thumbsup: The version that is on a CD I have is quite different to the 45 on Scepter. This is very common, the versions from tape that make it onto CD's are very often not the same as the one used for the 45, and this is very rarely mentioned on the CD's, maybe no one bothers to cross check?

Social source share

Whaling, I thought only Iceland and Japan did that these days? Sorry... :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:    The version that is on a CD I have is quite different to the 45 on Scepter. This is very common, the versions from tape that make it onto CD's are very often not the same as the one used for the 45, and this is very rarely mentioned on the CD's, maybe no one bothers to cross check?

link

Sorry wailing. What's the CD Chris? And is it the different version? Are you able to post sound file?

Edited by Ian Sims
Social source share

Whaling, I thought only Iceland and Japan did that these days? Sorry... :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:   The version that is on a CD I have is quite different to the 45 on Scepter. This is very common, the versions from tape that make it onto CD's are very often not the same as the one used for the 45, and this is very rarely mentioned on the CD's, maybe no one bothers to cross check?

link

Hey cheeky, I'm a busy man.

You're dead right I didn't cross check as much as I should have in those days. Still it means there's odd versions all over the place from back then.

Social source share

Hey cheeky, I'm a busy man.

You're dead right I didn't cross check as much as I should have in those days. Still it means there's odd versions all over the place from back then.

link

No offense meant, and it s not a Kent CD I have it on, I think it is Charly but will have to check!

Social source share

No offense meant, and it s not a Kent CD I have it on, I think it is Charly but will have to check!

link

I haven't the faintest idea if it's the whaling version or not but I think it's on one of the Up All Night cds

Eskimo Greenhill

Social source share

I have not heard it in a while but is it not the regular 45 version you are thinking of? As I recall it there is more "whaling" (imagine that, hilarious, Captain Ahab, Moby Dick, and all the rest :rolleyes: ) towards the end on the 45 than on the version on the CD I have. As I recall it they are quite different. Anyone confirm?

Social source share

I have not heard it in a while but is it not the regular 45 version you are thinking of? As I recall it there is more "whaling" (imagine that, hilarious, Captain Ahab, Moby Dick, and all the rest :rolleyes: ) towards the end on the 45 than on the version on the CD I have. As I recall it they are quite different. Anyone confirm?

link

Enough with the whaling jibes! Wouldn't say they are that different, but as you correctly say its towards the end the extra WAILING ( :thumbsup: ) happens. Info on this should not be scarce as it's been played quite a bit.

Social source share

If anyone is still looking at this I was asking the same question on another section. The reason why there is no wailing on the cd's and pressings is that they were taken from the master tapes from Wand/Scepter which were obtained by someone from the Uk in the Eighties and recorded onto acetates and compilations. The original Scpeter 45's obviously wail over the horns section near the end (you have answered my question) ALSO: thanks evil bay!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Source Advert