3,000,000 Records At A Bargin Price

Dave Thorley

• Replies 87
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

But if you bought this and had the money to do so, you wouldn't ship them. You get wharehouseing in the US and process them there. For a lot less than $700K+ you could set up a very nice business, with people working for you on the processing, or move out there yourself.

Well you could do that, if you believed you could actually sell most of them.....

Social source share

Can u snipe that amount?

Imagine trying with 5 secs to go and then getting a "warning" back saying "Sorry youre snipe exceeds the maximum allowable"......

Not worth the risk Steve that's why I'm bidding live whistling.gif

2 mins left 7 bids now - P***p still out front

Social source share

Not worth the risk Steve that's why I'm bidding live whistling.gif

2 mins left 7 bids now - P***p still out front

Won for $3,002,150 :thumbup:

Contrast this to the starting price of $3m and the sellers info "$3million is a ridiculously low price to start with. The owner of the collection has turned down offers for far more over the years, including an offer of $28million nine years ago".

Social source share

:thumbup: I aint havin this

fookin 32 transactions in over two years, must have just clicked on and thought Ooh that looks cheap

$3.3 million on ebay

its bowllox :lol:

I mean fookin hell, if this aint on the news tonight either over here or on Fox news or something

There always telling us the whacky stories about Paintings, Stamps, most collectables that fetch money etc, so for something to fetch that amount on an auction site as big as ebay has to have broken most records (excuse the pun) in the world

Wonder if he will second chance offer me later rolleyes.gif

Social source share

:thumbup:I aint havin this

fookin 32 transactions in over two years, must have just clicked on and thought Ooh that looks cheap

$3.3 million on ebay

its bowllox :lol:

Wonder if he will second chance offer me later rolleyes.gif

You aint got no money left now you have bought us ladies that lurvely new mansion so stop the bull :lol:

QoFxx

Social source share

You aint got no money left now you have bought us ladies that lurvely new mansion so stop the bull biggrin.gif

QoFxx

Ahh this is true, but I was hoping to set up a record room for you ladies to chill out in

I could always send in my enforcer Bearsy and make them sell the collection to me

Looks a right tough cookie, would you not agree

Edited by moggy
Social source share

Soul or not - nice wall of 45s though... :D

8ed3_1.JPG

And isn't that a Koko label 45 at the top of one of those piles! :yes:

99be_1.JPG

If I did not know better , I could have sworn it was i]Barry Waddington's Kitchen ........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Every time we went through his books and found something of interest he would check and say "I only have the file copy left, and i wont sell the file copy"...I asked to have a look at the "file copy" on a few things or offered him 3 times what he was asking but he didn`t come through....

The prices were all over the place...i did get a couple of things, Beverly and Del capris for $40 sticks in my my mind.

When i say he is a loon..I mean it in the nicest way, a bit excentric. He had a lot of records but you couldn`t look through them they were all behind the counter, there was rack after rack of them but who knows whats there. I have seem millions of 45s before....and I`ve seen millions of shit 45s before too!

Chris.

Social source share

There's still most of the haul from the big Northern Bank Robbery in Ireland still out there. Maybe this is one way of laundering it?

Interesting to see if a red curly - haired guy with a twinkle in his eye and a shotgun in his back pocket turns up and pays in cash!

On the other hand..don't bank on it!

Phatspinner

Social source share

I reckon that
has the best collection, anyway but it may not be for sale...

is this film actually released? ("Vinyl")? it was around in a bootleg form on t'internet and I missed downloading it and would gladly pay for a copy if I could get one.

"there are only 4 bands in the world beginning with the letter Q"

:ohmy:

Social source share

I just had this email from a major US dealer...i have left his details off as I`m not sure it was for public viewing...Chris

"This was a hoax, a scam and the sale did not take place. It is a huge pile of nothing and was hyped to the moon. The "Buyer" used a stolen eBay identity and the underbidders were fake as well. It did not sell and never will...this guy is LUCKY if he has 5,000 decent records out of all that pile of crap...... Game over,"

Social source share

I just had this email from a major US dealer...i have left his details off as I`m not sure it was for public viewing...Chris

"This was a hoax, a scam and the sale did not take place. It is a huge pile of nothing and was hyped to the moon. The "Buyer" used a stolen eBay identity and the underbidders were fake as well. It did not sell and never will...this guy is LUCKY if he has 5,000 decent records out of all that pile of crap...... Game over,"

Seems to be true - $3M bid for record collection is a fraud.

Social source share

I also met this chap - in Hastings! He publishes, or used to publish, a record listing book called The Music Master catalogue. meanwhile, I used to work for the UK Music Master catalogue, so our boss invited him over for talks about teaming up. Nothing came of it as we got bought out by Robert Maxwell and the rest is (sad) history.

Social source share

Ha isn't that JUST what we thought all along. Inconceivable that the good stuff would still be in there.

Social source share

Ha isn't that JUST what we thought all along. Inconceivable that the good stuff would still be in there.

Yes as you say alot of nothing. It's not that hard to make a pile of poo look good, just drop the odd reasonable record here and there.

Some may remember, when Ian L. was trying to sell his records about 4/5 years ago, 1000 of records that were almost unsellable, condition was fine, just titles that were never going to be fashionable. But just every now and then would pop up something reasonable, but the trouble was that the spacing of the good records was just too systematic. Nothing felt natural or ramdom. Also the good records amounted to, in actual fact the same five titles he must have had a bit of quantity on.

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Yes as you say alot of nothing. It's not that hard to make a pile of poo look good, just drop the odd reasonable record here and there.

Some may remember, when Ian L. was trying to sell his records about 4/5 years ago, 1000 of records that were almost unsellable, condition was fine, just titles that were never going to be fashionable. But just every now and then would pop up something reasonable, but the trouble was that the spacing of the good records was just too systematic. Nothing felt natural or ramdom. Also the good records amounted to, in actual fact the same five titles he must have had a bit of quantity on.

I loved the photo of the guy "inspecting" a rare Rolling Stones album "worth $10,000" with a magnifying glass - I mean what was he inspecting exactly? I think most of us know there's tons of unsellable junk out there, in fact you see it in every charity shop in the UK, this was just tghe same thing magnifyed by 1000 times........what a shame it's being relisted :thumbsup: But as I said earlier the seller is obviously delusional, so he must be disapointed with his 50m collection being bid on by a fraud at 3m methinks

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

I loved the photo of the guy "inspecting" a rare Rolling Stones album "worth $10,000" with a magnifying glass - I mean what was he inspecting exactly? I think most of us know there's tons of unsellable junk out there, in fact you see it in every charity shop in the UK, this was just tghe same thing magnifyed by 1000 times........what a shame it's being relisted :huh: But as I said earlier the seller is obviously delusional, so he must be disapointed with his 50m collection being bid on by a fraud at 3m methinks

someone forwarded me some awesome newspaper article about this (don't know if it was one of the ones linked above, I didn't check) where it says that the rolling stones album he was inspecting was available as a buy it now on ebay for $600.

Social source share

I have been to this guys shop in Pitsburg a couple of times...complete nutter, he thinks he is sitting on the worlds greatest collection but i can tell you there is sod all in there we would be interested in. Talk about believing your own publicity....he gave us newspaper cuttings about his store (i remember he prefers to call it a museum, even though you cant look at any 45s)...

Even chart record started at $30 so his valuation is blown from the start...

He told us everything was mint unplayed..until he brought us a knackered copy of the Brothers Guiding light that looked like it had been thru a washing machine!

Complete loon....stay clear!

Chris

Thats answered that then :huh: Fair play Chris!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!