Uncovering a Cover Up

Would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with either of my requests

If anyone knows the real title of a cover up called 'Dont You Care' by the Stairways

And secondy a tune with the chorus 'Stop the World, I wanna Get Off' and the artist

thanks in advance

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Stop the World was played as the Ringleaders at Stafford by Dave Thorley. Think that was the cover group. Try looking on Dave Flynn's anorak site. That has a list of hundreds of cover-ups and their correct titles. Only other place I can remember hearing it played was when he dj'ed at an alldayer in Cheltenham, around that time. Along with other classics like Troy Dodds, and a track covered as Anne Sexton - Sneaking round corners, that no-one bar me can remember. :-(

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

First and most vivid memory was hearing Dave Thorley play it while we queued on the stairs to get into the main room from upstairs at Stafford. The last few disco clubbers were being shooed out and Dave whacked it on. Sounded fantastic. Lyrics went something like:

Sneaking round corners

Hiding in open doorways,

hopeing and wishing

that you would come to know me more...

Something like that. Asked Dave about it once in Dursley, our home town, and it was probably a cover up, but not one that caught on. He couldnt remember exactly.

It had a mid 70s feel, that would be called crossover today.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!