Yo Ho Diddley Doo

• Replies 37
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

With all the recent debate about music styles & politics flying about I thought I'd point out an article on the New Century site( www.newcenturysoul.co.uk ) by John Pugh. Entitled "views and more with a cowboy slant" it's an interesting read and he makes some very good points IMO :rolleyes:

link

Steve a hyperlink might help people find it, rather than type in the website and then have to look for the article.

Social source share

Which were the good points,lot of new century nites are 2 rooms and based on revival nites,manchesters finished now[pity because i went to every one]and before anyone has a go myself and chris are on good terms and generaly support each other.Obviously this was written before manchester closed,which points were

you refering to steve,sounds more like a resident dj upping ther event and dissing other djs and events.

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

Which were the good points,lot of new century nites are 2 rooms and based on revival nites,manchesters finished now[pity because i went to every one]and before anyone has a go myself and chris are on good terms and generaly support each other.Obviously this was written before manchester closed,which points were

you refering to steve,sounds more like a resident dj upping ther event and dissing other djs and events.

link

I can see Andy's point here to a degree, I think Steve chose the wrong title to put this under because I can't see anything pointing towards politics in this article and if I did I would not have allowed it to be posted on our site.

I asked John to do a write up for our 1st anniversary and he gave it a broad slant bringing up points like one room or two, how do you make it work ie across the board main room, oldies second room or rare room or do we go for an out and out oldies Allnighter?

He asked questions of the scene and gave his opinion on what he thinks works and what does not and in some parts he was critical of the promotion and John is not a Res DJ for NCS, he has worked for me twice in Manchester and once in Wolverhampton.

To be fair Andy I can't see were John has dissed any DJ's by name and his point about muppets could apply to a few who I have had on in the main room at the CIS.

I read the arcitle as more of how difficult it is to get it right, and I will have that little problem again in May when we re launch in Manchester

Cheers

and off to the Sink Club

Chris W

Social source share

Still dont get it,been to every cis niter at manchester and thought a lot of the main room djs fell in to the same old same old categaoury,especialy on the revival nites would be hard not to in a niter that size,and would love to know who the muppets are.This is not an attack at ncs as already stated,hope the new venue goes well,but the article was way off line imo.If your going to claim that all the djs were this that and the other you will have to expect people to voice an opinion,the muppet comments are what prompted my reply,as a promoter myself there are plenty of djs i wouldnt employ,because for whatever reason i dont think they are right for sheridans,but i would never publicly call them muppets.

Social source share

Yes thats easy enough to understand you cheeky twat,no issues what so ever run totaly different nite and very succesful and always support this event,what general observations were you actualy makeing,can,t belive you have never even been to the venue.Must be real easy makeing observations from your armchair,what venues do you attend.

Social source share

Guest rachel

Which one of these have you seen masquerading as a DJ......

link

Reminds me of Sunday night at Prestatyn :shades:

I'm Kermit.... "You are Kermit the Frog. You are reliable, responsible and caring. And you have a habit of waving your arms about maniacally. FAVORITE ExpressionS: "Hi ho!" "Yaaay!" and "Sheesh!" FAVORITE MOVIE: "How Green Was My Mother" LAST BOOK READ: "Surfin' the Webfoot: A Frog's Guide to the Internet" HOBBIES: Sitting in the swamp playing banjo. QUOTE: "Hmm, my banjo is wet." :huh:

Social source share

You are Fozzie Bear.

You are caring and love your friends as if they

were family. For only they will put up withyour stupid jokes.

FAVORITE Expression:

"Wocka! Wocka!"

FAVORITE AUTHOR:

Gags Beasley, comedy writer

HOBBIES:

Telling jokes, dodging tomatoes

QUOTE:

"Why did the chicken cross the road?"

NEVER LEAVES HOME WITHOUT:

His joybuzzer, his whoopee cushion and Clyde, therubber chicken.

post-1281-1112602965_thumb.jpg

Edited by pikeys dog
Social source share

I thought as much........

You are Rizzo the Rat.

You have few friends, but are loyal to those you do have. Maybe if you didn't smell like sewage you would have more.

SPECIES:

Rodentia Digesta Lotta Grub

HOMETOWN:

Brooklyn, USA

FAVORITE MOVIE:

"Rat On A Hot Tin Roof"

FAVORITE SONG:

"The Pest Is Yet To Come"

FAVORITE FOOD:

You got it, I'll eat it.

HOBBIES:

See "Favorite Food".

QUOTE:

"When do we eat?"

I dont think I will be alone being this type!!!!!!lol

H

post-650-1112615089_thumb.jpg

Edited by haydn
Social source share

pic

You are Dr. Bunson Honeydew.

You love to analyse things and further the cause of science, even if you do tend to blow things up more often than not.

HOBBIES:

Scientific inquiry, Looking through microscopes, Recombining DNA to create decorative art.

QUOTE:

"Now, Beakie, we'll just flip this switch and 60,000 refreshing volts of electricity will surge through your body. Ready?"

FAVORITE MUSICAL ARTIST:

John Cougar Melonhead

LAST BOOK READ:

"Quantum Physics: 101 Easy Microwave Recipes"

NEVER LEAVES HOME WITHOUT:

An atom smasher and plenty of extra atoms.

brought to you by Quizilla

Well I am SSCDT Nutty Professor :rolleyes:

Social source share

You are Scooter. You are a loyal, hardworking person, better known as a doormat.

SPECIAL TALENTS: Going for stuff.

LEAST FAVORITE MOVIE: "Go For Broke!"

QUOTE: "15 seconds to showtime."

LAST BOOK READ: "300 New Ways to Get Your Uncle to Get You a Better Job " NEVER LEAVES HOME WITHOUT: Coffee, clipboard, and Very Special Guest Stars.

1070291317_fScooter_s.jpg

I knew I should've left this topic alone! :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Which one of these have you seen masquerading as a DJ......

link

This one looks suspiciously like Yorks own Ron Pedley! :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert