Celebrities - Boss 502 - Booted ?

Guest Johnny Mack

Guest Johnny Mack

Celebrities - You didnt tell the truth/Good Night - Boss B-502

Anyone know if this got booted in the USA for the doo-wop/ballad flip and if so how do you tell the two apart.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

john

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny Mack

Anyone got any information on this.

I know that many copies have the labels reversed and true originals are stamped.

However, I've got a feeling it may have been re-issued as a look alike in the US for the flipside - Can anyone confirm this ??

Thanks

John

Anyone know if this got booted in the USA for the doo-wop/ballad flip and if so how do you tell the two apart.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

john

Social source share

Hi John.

Yeah.. seem to remember something about labels being reversed on the re issued ones.

Then again... I could be wrong as it has been known... often!

I do have this... and labels are on the correct sides.

Will dig it out and post a scan when I get a minute... don't have it here at the moment.

In the meantime... anyone?

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Thanks Joan

I've been offered a minty one and wasn't absolutely clear on whether this 45 has been booted at some time in the USA . All the ones I've seen look the same - there are definitely copies with and without the labels reversed. The significant feature denoting authenticity appears to be a shelton stamp in the run-out groove and from what I can gather, that appears on both correctly and incorrectly labelled copies of the 45.

Would be nice to know if some kind soul could confirm whether or not the 45 was booted at some time in the past.

Best

John

Hi John.

Yeah.. seem to remember something about labels being reversed on the re issued ones.

Then again... I could be wrong as it has been known... often!

I do have this... and labels are on the correct sides.

Will dig it out and post a scan when I get a minute... don't have it here at the moment.

In the meantime... anyone?

Social source share

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

john

If it's the yellow one (as opposed to the red one), I got an original with reversed labels.....and lots of writing on the label....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!