Broadway Sissy

Barry

An obvious Stone Cold Killer of a track.

Yes!? (a Brian Rae play for me and my time, and I loved him all the more for it).

A standard, expensive, accepted NS, flick past it in someones box and think 'Ooh! - yeah' acquisition - true?

Answer me this - why is this whopper not derided alongside other slabs of funk that get the treatment?

Social source share

• Replies 34
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Another biggie for me at the same time of "Being Without You" - Maurice Williams, "Ton Of Dynamite" - Frankie Crocker, "Do The Pearl Girl" - Matta Baby, "Philly Dog Around The World" - Jimmy Raye etc, etc.

It was very much uptempo r'n'b but it worked nicely at the time and kind of fitted with the other tracks which were breaking through back then. The diversity of stuff which was played was very wide at the time.

Ian D

Social source share

Got a spare copy of this if anyones intrested, Not in the best nick, water damage lable and slight warp but plays fine

as they say fine for DJing

Not sure what to ask for it so make me an offer if intrested

Edited by miff
Social source share

Another biggie for me at the same time of "Being Without You" - Maurice Williams, "Ton Of Dynamite" - Frankie Crocker, "Do The Pearl Girl" - Matta Baby, "Philly Dog Around The World" - Jimmy Raye etc, etc.

It was very much uptempo r'n'b but it worked nicely at the time and kind of fitted with the other tracks which were breaking through back then. The diversity of stuff which was played was very wide at the time.

Ian D

With you on that one Ian. Absolutely massive on the East Coast and huge at the Fleet all-nighters in Peterborough & St Ives. As a pounding, inviting instrumental, they don't come much better IMO :thumbsup:

Social source share

hardly ever for sale

white demos very tough to find

:( typical! - story of my life. I dont have it now. I dont recall it being a demo though, I thought it had a yellow label? (LOL, girlie description alert!!). :thumbsup:

Jayne.x.

Social source share

:ohmy: typical! - story of my life. I dont have it now. I dont recall it being a demo though, I thought it had a yellow label? (LOL, girlie description alert!!). :lol:

Jayne.x.

A mate of mine has an m- copy for sale £100

If interested pls pm me & I will give you his mobile.

Social source share

An obvious Stone Cold Killer of a track.

Yes!? (a Brian Rae play for me and my time, and I loved him all the more for it).

A standard, expensive, accepted NS, flick past it in someones box and think 'Ooh! - yeah' acquisition - true?

Answer me this - why is this whopper not derided alongside other slabs of funk that get the treatment?

they also did a stonking version of watermelon man on the same label

Social source share

A mate of mine has an m- copy for sale £100

If interested pls pm me & I will give you his mobile.

Thanks. I've got to sell a few first though before I buy anything else. :unsure:

Actually, I dont think I could bear to pay more for records than I've previously paid. Too depressing.

Jayne.x.

Social source share

its a white on demo

well mine is :unsure:

:( .. I'll have a look next time I see it. Is it really going for £100?.. :ohmy:

in fact, if the answer's yes - dont tell me.

Jayne.x

Social source share

:D .. I'll have a look next time I see it. Is it really going for £100?.. :D

in fact, if the answer's yes - dont tell me.

Jayne.x

More!!! :lol:

Social source share

I got told that the funk boys were after Broad way cissy for the B side " Funky Barn yard " or something like that , no i carnt be bothered to look, too much Brandy & coke, do know how true that is

Social source share

Ian D

Top tune Ian, I remember you playing that at Cleethorpes. Funny, the title just came into my head for some reason so I thought I'd have a look for one, and a Google link brought me back to here, Ah well, all roads lead to soul Source.

A bit out of my price range though if it's going for a ton.

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

Top tune Ian, I remember you playing that at Cleethorpes. Funny, the title just came into my head for some reason so I thought I'd have a look for one, and a Google link brought me back to here, Ah well, all roads lead to soul Source.

A bit out of my price range though if it's going for a ton.

Everything's out my range these days mate! I was perfectly happy with the 1975 prices LOL....

Hope you and the missus are well! Boy, we had some wild times back then ay? Dunno how I lived through it all.....

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

Everything's out my range these days mate! I was perfectly happy with the 1975 prices LOL....

Hope you and the missus are well! Boy, we had some wild times back then ay? Dunno how I lived through it all.....

Ian D :unsure:

Me neither mate, top times at your flat with the 'Dog laid a log' scenario :huh: Me and the wife are ok, 21 years now mate, 3 kids 14, 16 and 21. F**k me, that makes me feel old. What about you? did you and Diane last much after you moved down south? Lost touch with you really mate, love to rekindle the flame of good friendship. I'm on the scene again playing out and I'm loving it mate. Playing at Drax in 2 weeks and played in Notts a couple of weeks ago, went down a storm. Money's shite, but the feeling is worth the loss.

Keep in touch matey.

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

One of My Top 10 favs of all time

Was about to bootleg it in mid 70s and we didnt and I dont. remember why other than the cost of the copies was going to be too expensive!

Oh yeah I now remeber- was worried that if it was sent to the same plant as Marsha gee and George blackwell it would come back at 48rpm :thumbup:

Anyone got white copies of these 2 please?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!