Inmates - This Is The Day....info

Guest SteveO

Guest SteveO

Apologies if these questions have been asked before but.......

I was playing some old tapes from, I think Peterboro 78ish???....and this came on...soulsam??? Difficult to make out...but the "Wait for it, wait for it", ...might be a give away...or could it be the Rev Mr Clayton??...echo and teens girlie chatter makes it difficult to make out.

The Inmates - This is the day on Kopit.......Any info opn this group? Memory tells me I once had a chat many moons ago and was told they were actual Inmates...just like Johnny Bragg. However in the mists of memory and the effects of chemicals, its a bit hazy.

Is this west Coast?...east Coast?....Good old JM tks for having it in rarest of the rare...a better copy of the tape version. And then the killer question to scare bank managers..."Ow much John?" ....Oh and Is any one playing such Diamonds in a scene playing so much coal!...think about it!!!!

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Apologies if these questions have been asked before but.......

I was playing some old tapes from, I think Peterboro 78ish???....and this came on...soulsam??? Difficult to make out...but the "Wait for it, wait for it", ...might be a give away...or could it be the Rev Mr Clayton??...echo and teens girlie chatter makes it difficult to make out.

The Inmates - This is the day on Kopit.......Any info opn this group? Memory tells me I once had a chat many moons ago and was told they were actual Inmates...just like Johnny Bragg. However in the mists of memory and the effects of chemicals, its a bit hazy.

Is this west Coast?...east Coast?....Good old JM tks for having it in rarest of the rare...a better copy of the tape version. And then the killer question to scare bank managers..."Ow much John?" ....Oh and Is any one playing such Diamonds in a scene playing so much coal!...think about it!!!!

ITS WEST COAST LA I THINK SOLD MINE ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO TO LEW STANLEY FOR £1500

Social source share

Guest hudsoul

TOP TUNE!!!!!1 :D was played throughout the 90s covered up as RUBIN PARKER !!big sound for BUTCH,,,,didnt spencer/fortnum also play it in the early 90s ??????????

Social source share

Steve

I am glad you found another copy, what and sold this one as well?

It is such a wonderful record and I still regret selling it after all this time, but loved opening with it when dee-jaying.

It is one of those records that just has a huge impact right from the first beat!

Mark O

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert