How Much

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Lost it to Ali in the infamous "Uncle Tom" fight after Terrell called him "Clay"

It was the first time that the World Heavyweight title had been split between the WBC and WBA. Muhammad Ali was stripped of the title because he had evaded the draft to go to Vietnam. Ernie Terrell refused to call him by his adopted Muslim name in an effort to force a showdown and when the contest finally happened it was a one-sided affair. For 15 rounds Ali taunted him saying "What's My Name" and utterly outboxed him.

Cassius Clay (as he was then) recorded a version of Ben E. King's 'Stand By Me'.

Social source share

It was the first time that the World Heavyweight title had been split between the WBC and WBA. Muhammad Ali was stripped of the title because he had evaded the draft to go to Vietnam. Ernie Terrell refused to call him by his adopted Muslim name in an effort to force a showdown and when the contest finally happened it was a one-sided affair. For 15 rounds Ali taunted him saying "What's My Name" and utterly outboxed him.

Cassius Clay (as he was then) recorded a version of Ben E. King's 'Stand By Me'.

Ali kept him on his feet for the duration of the fight, to punish and humiliate Terrell. Floyd Patterson had similar treatment for the same thing.

Social source share

Guest moggy

Sold mine for £8 on ebay a couple of years back

Anyone give me a valuation on a

George Foreman

Lean Mean Grilling Machine

The Silver Labelled edition

:lol:

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

and later on, the classic Ali and his Gang Vs Tooth Decay LP :lol:

During a very half-hearted record hunt in LA in 1993, I came within a cat's whisker's breadth of buying this. For the novelty value, you understand. Alas, common sense prevaled and I've always regretted it. But not as much as I regret passing up the chance to buy up an all-singing, all-dancing Andy Gibb figurine from an NYC record/junk shop the next year. Not very skilled at this record-buying lark, am I? :D

Edited by mrs norman maine
Social source share

Good luck to him, I struggled for years to sell mine for £20 what I paid for it, think I took £15 in the end.

exactly what i took...couldnt beleive it myself when i saw it ...also another soulful boxer...one BERRY GORDY

Edited by daz m
Social source share

• 11 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!