2 Rare Ones On Usa

Guest meaty

Guest meaty

I acquired 2 rare titles on USA this week,

774 Delola Carmichael - Leave That Boy Alone / I'm Gone So Long

852 Tut Sutton - No Appreciation / I Can Feel The Tears

Theres little to no info on these anywhere on the web. Does anyone know where there is a USA discography? Suprisingly, there isn't one on Soulful Kinda Music. Can anyone shed more light on these? They're both DJ copies, and both are really nice early soul tunes.

Social source share

• Replies 32
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I acquired 2 rare titles on USA this week,

Theres little to no info on these anywhere on the web. Does anyone know where there is a USA discography? Suprisingly, there isn't one on Soulful Kinda Music. Can anyone shed more light on these? They're both DJ copies, and both are really nice early soul tunes.

there are a billion titles on USA, many unknowns. Here is a partial discography:

https://www.globaldogproductions.info/u/usa.html

Either the 774 number is duplicated or the discography is wrong or you wrote the number wrong.

Social source share

there are a billion titles on USA, many unknowns. Here is a partial discography:

https://www.globaldogproductions.info/u/usa.html

Either the 774 number is duplicated or the discography is wrong or you wrote the number wrong.

also, here is Dave Flynn's listing, I don't know if there is anything here not listed above:

https://capitolsoulclub.homestead.com/USALabelListing.html

Social source share

Lovely label! :thumbup:

Has anyone got a copy for sale of:

Eddie Clearwater - The Duck Walk / Momee, Momee - USA 827

Please PM me if so.

I also for some reason have this on an old want lists of mine:

Doug And Dave - Don't Know Much About Love / Let's Monkey Too - USA 800

Can't for the life of me remember what i sounds like though! :unsure::lol:

Social source share

Guest meaty

what a great, crazy label. so much apparently rare stuff. anyone ever heard this one?

U.S.A.

Mod Singers

Mr. Thunder You're Gonna Need Me

any good???

what do the ones you found sound like, meaty?

I'll try and get clips up of them here this week. The Mod Singers is cool, funky soul, nice breakbeat on the intro of Mr. Thunder.

Social source share

They're both DJ copies, and both are really nice early soul tunes.

The listing on my site is based on discs I've got/had, plus a few recommendations from fellow collectors. I've never had those two discs you mention...any chance of RA's...always look forward to hearing tracks I don't know, especially on such an interesting label such as USA.

:unsure:

Social source share

what a great, crazy label. so much apparently rare stuff. anyone ever heard this one?

U.S.A.

Mod Singers

Mr. Thunder You're Gonna Need Me

any good???

what do the ones you found sound like, meaty?

Matt, the Mod Singers is the same song as Frankie Newsome on Savern, except just like the chorus part. I think it also got released as just the mod singers on savern but I can't remember right now. It is a licensed in savern production.

Social source share

Lovely label! :D

Has anyone got a copy for sale of:

Eddie Clearwater - The Duck Walk / Momee, Momee - USA 827

Please PM me if so.

I also for some reason have this on an old want lists of mine:

Doug And Dave - Don't Know Much About Love / Let's Monkey Too - USA 800

Can't for the life of me remember what i sounds like though! :lol::shades:

I've definitely seen the doug and dave recently, I think it was on ebay very recently actually.

Social source share

Guest meaty

Matt, the Mod Singers is the same song as Frankie Newsome on Savern, except just like the chorus part. I think it also got released as just the mod singers on savern but I can't remember right now. It is a licensed in savern production.

The Mod Singers on Savern is different

Social source share

Guest meaty

The Mod Singers on Savern is different

Uploaded one of the Delola tunes on the Refosoul, uploading the other side as we speak...

Social source share

doug and dave is an early-sixties new orleans (or at least new orleans-sounding) record. both sides are pretty good, if i recall.

there are a bunch of new orleans things licensed into USA, that Tempos (same group as on Bofuz / Montelle Michelle) and another artist with "st." in their name, I forget what it was, it was on ebay recently.

Social source share

doug and dave is an early-sixties new orleans (or at least new orleans-sounding) record. both sides are pretty good, if i recall.

Not at all Matt, it is more like a fast version of Sam Cooke`s "Wonderfuld World" done in a Buster & James or Don & Ron (to get back that Louisiana feel :lol: ) type. I had this over fifteen odd years ago c/up and named the tune when we did the label back on raresoulforum.co.uk several years ago. It is missing in the other than that fantastic USA discography that was published once in Shades Of Soul. I truly believe this record is one of the harder releases on USA. I had several (well, two...) IDOLS and Dorothy Berries on USA but still only ever found one of these.

Marc

Social source share

Guest meaty

Not at all Matt, it is more like a fast version of Sam Cooke`s "Wonderfuld World" done in a Buster & James or Don & Ron (to get back that Louisiana feel :lol: ) type. I had this over fifteen odd years ago c/up and named the tune when we did the label back on raresoulforum.co.uk several years ago. It is missing in the other than that fantastic USA discography that was published once in Shades Of Soul. I truly believe this record is one of the harder releases on USA. I had several (well, two...) IDOLS and Dorothy Berries on USA but still only ever found one of these.

Marc

Surely this Delola Carmichael has to be the hardest thing on USA? Appears to be the only documented copy online whatsoever.

Social source share

Surely this Delola Carmichael has to be the hardest thing on USA? Appears to be the only documented copy online whatsoever.

I've no doubt its a rare track but I would not go by what's not online...if you get my meaning...

Wow Tut Sutton is a killer!! how much did you pay for that if you don't mind me asking?

Mal

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

what about all those label holes in the discography, plus probably the other titles you google in the discography that don't turn up in a search? I'm sure it's rare, I'm just saying that there are a ton of rare things on the label so it's hard to judge "rarest".

Social source share

Guest meaty

what about all those label holes in the discography, plus probably the other titles you google in the discography that don't turn up in a search? I'm sure it's rare, I'm just saying that there are a ton of rare things on the label so it's hard to judge "rarest".

god damnit, this is the rarest record in existance!

Social source share

Not at all Matt, it is more like a fast version of Sam Cooke`s "Wonderfuld World" done in a Buster & James or Don & Ron (to get back that Louisiana feel wink.gif ) type. I had this over fifteen odd years ago c/up and named the tune when we did the label back on raresoulforum.co.uk several years ago. It is missing in the other than that fantastic USA discography that was published once in Shades Of Soul. I truly believe this record is one of the harder releases on USA. I had several (well, two...) IDOLS and Dorothy Berries on USA but still only ever found one of these.

Marc

i stand by my statement! sounds NOTHING like "wonderful world" except that yes, the verses begin with the words "don't know much about..."

Edited by weingarden
Social source share

Guest meaty

obviously I'm joking. Check this one out... https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=016

Seller spent more than the records worth on Gallery and Featured Item and all that extra shit, on a whooped copy of a common record.

I don't know Meaty, the rarest record in existence ???

Just got off e-bay and saw "Yes We Can Can" by the

Pointer Sisters which the seller describes as "mega rare" !

:P

Social source share

i stand by my statement! sounds NOTHING like "wonderful world" except that yes, the verses begin with the words "don't know much about..."

Dear Matt, I said "...like a version of"...however, people hear and describe dfferently so much I have learnt over the years. Most important is you have the 45 anyway.

Social source share

• 3 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert