Northern Soul & Rock 'n' Roll

Guest Simon

Guest Simon

Saturday 26th April 2008

Northern Soul & Rock 'n' Roll @ The Volks, Madeira Drive, Brighton

Upstairs:

Northern Soul aimed strictly at the dancefloor!

Djs: Soul Sisters (Sue & Amanda), Adam Torel, Val Palmer & Simon Bridger

Downstairs:

Rock 'n' Roll & Garage

Djs: Dave Crozier & Guests spinning 5ts & 6ts Rockers!

Running time 10pm till 4am - £5 b4 Midnight/£6 after

Hopefully see ya there!

Simon :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Simon

Just to bump this & to add a bit more information, we also have Da Doo Ron Ron on at The Komedia on Friday so why not get down to (Sunny?) Brighton & make a weekend of it!

Da Doo details below:

DA DOO RON RON 60s GIRL POP, SOUL & FUNK A-GO-GO! FRIDAY 25th APRIL@ the Komedia, Brighton 11pm - 3am Da Doo Ron Ron - the "Legendary sixties girl pop extravaganza" the NME - return for another sparkly sashay through the femme-centric side of the swingin' sixties on Friday 25th APRIL 2008 downstairs @ the Komedia, 44, Gardner St, Brighton with extra special guest DJ Simon Price (The Independent newspaper / Stay Beautiful club night).

£6 / £5 conc on the door on the night

Advance tkts are also available NOW via the Komedia Box office (Tel:-01273-647100) or on-line via their web-site:-

https://www.komedia.co.uk/event.php?id=1158&dst=1209160801

Da Doo Web-site:- https://www.myspace.com/dadooronron60sgirlgroups

Simon :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Simon

Looking forward to a night down at the Volks, Simon , I'm sure there'll be a good turnout as always.

Cheers

Manus

Hi Manus,

Nice to hear from you, look forward to seeing you on Saturday!

Should hopefully be a goodun', Soul Sister Amanda is celebrating her birthday also, so should add to the fun!

Simon

Guest Simon

Hi Manus and Simon,

Catch you both there. Good dj line up.

Havent been out in Brighton for a while.

Nice one Andy, be good to see ya there!

All djs have plenty of ammunition so i'm not expecting the dancefloor to be for the faint hearted!

Simon :D

Guest Simon

Couple of things going on Friday aren't there Simon?

Hi Steve,

Yep, there's Da Doo Ron Ron at the Komedia, plenty of NS & Tamla dancers regularly spun.

There's also Clive & Paddy's Motown do at the Greyhound Stadium, i think they've got a Northern Room also, Clive is on here so may be able to confirm.

See ya at the weekend, can't wait!

Simon

Guest Simon

Spoke to Val last night & unfortunately she's not going to be able to make the do this weekend which is a real shame.

However fear not as i've managed to secure the services of one of the South Coast's top spinners as a replacement, namely Mr Steve Csordas!

All will know Steve has a fantastic record collection & is a great dj & anyone who had the pleasure last year to Steve play at the Concorde 2 in Brighton would have seen him virtually take the roof off with his set!

Simon :lol:

Spoke to Val last night & unfortunately she's not going to be able to make the do this weekend which is a real shame.

However fear not as i've managed to secure the services of one of the South Coast's top spinners as a replacement, namely Mr Steve Csordas!

All will know Steve has a fantastic record collection & is a great dj & anyone who had the pleasure last year to Steve play at the Concorde 2 in Brighton would have seen him virtually take the roof off with his set!

Simon thumbsup.gif

Sounds like it's going to be a Top night , Simon

Cheers

Manus

Guest SteveC

Looking forward to a night of Top Sounds , booze and general mayhem Steve.

Cheers

Manus

Defo Mayhem if those mad women will be partying.

Always feel that Simon puts on a do at the Volks which allows for the more adventurous DJ's to do their thing and I can promise there'll be no midtempo or crossover in my set - I've got my Burnley head on!!!!

Always feel that Simon puts on a do at the Volks which allows for the more adventurous DJ's to do their thing and I can promise there'll be no midtempo or crossover in my set - I've got my Burnley head on!!!!

Well I like the midtempo/crossover stuff myself, Steve, how about one or two for those with older legs. Whatever, I'm sure there'll be some fantastic stuff played and it'll be interesting to hear what's getting played up in Burnley.

Cheers

Manus

Guest SteveC

Well I like the midtempo/crossover stuff myself, Steve, how about one or two for those with older legs. Whatever, I'm sure there'll be some fantastic stuff played and it'll be interesting to hear what's getting played up in Burnley.

Cheers

Manus

Bound to be some slower "b" sides in my box m8 :(:rolleyes:

See ya l8r m8 :rolleyes:

well leave the midtempo and crossover to me then cause that's my fave sounds

Guest SteveC

You mean the Parisians you brought of me wasn't a fave sound m8 - :(:rolleyes::rolleyes: c ya l8r m8.

Guest andyrattigan

Love the crossover/midtempo sound biggrin.gif

Love fast 6ts stuff as well so it would seem I will be well pleased with whats on offer down the volks tonight.

Just hope there arent too many non soul fan drinker on the dancefloor pisshead types that wander in.

Edited by andyrattigan
Guest Simon

Just hope there arent too many non soul fan drinker on the dancefloor pisshead types that wander in.

Don't worry mate, i'll ask Security to remove anyone drinking on the dancefloor.

Simon boxing.gif

Source Advert