Keanya Collins - It Aint No Secret

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Great double sider. I hadn't heard the flip "I'll Get Over it" until I picked up a Demo in Pittsburgh last year. Well underated and if played by a 'name' would go huge no doubt.

Always rated "I'll Get Over It" as the better side.

It was always well hammered, decades ago, in my neck of the woods.

Tis the same great Jadan side as "I'll Get Over You" by Homer Strickland.

Johnny Moore & Jack Daniels tastic!

:thumbup:

Sean

Social source share

There seems to be two issues of this. One is the above scan, and another (same number, ? same matrix stamp?), but the label is a lighter / paler blue label and the print is black, not the usual white. Anyone know the history of the two releases?

I THINK ITS A BOOT ?

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I THINK ITS A BOOT ?

I'm pretty sure, Toad and Max, that the black-letters-on-plae-blue-label 45 actually a genuine repress from Mercury Records. They did a few for the Northern scene, the Ambers "Potion Of Love" being another example.

It was spun everywhere during the early days of NS - both sides were, in fact. (I'll always associate it with the Mecca, needless to say). It's one of those great, not-so-rare oldies that more than deserves another day in the sun, IMO.

Social source share

I'm pretty sure, Toad and Max, that the black-letters-on-plae-blue-label 45 actually a genuine repress from Mercury Records. They did a few for the Northern scene, the Ambers "Potion Of Love" being another example.

It was spun everywhere during the early days of NS - both sides were, in fact. (I'll always associate it with the Mecca, needless to say). It's one of those great, not-so-rare oldies that more than deserves another day in the sun, IMO.

John Manship agrees with you Tone ...reissue from 1972.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!