• Replies 66
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Mrs Simsy

What a fantastic night! :D

We started with a few drinks on the train down (well it would have been rude not to!) then popped into the infamous Blue Post for a pre nighter drink. Was nice to see some familiar faces aswell as meeting some new ones. Walked round the corner to the 100 club about 10.30pm. Was filling up nicely! :D

Music was spot on all night. Legs are ready to drop off as i was on the dancefloor most of the night! :D

Great to meet Lucy at long last & Mr Fickle Fingers...it was a pleasure to meet you! thumbsup.gif:D

Sorry to anyone whos ears i chewed off & big thanks to Russell who walked what seemed like halfway across London with me to find a shop that was open to buy cigerettes at about 8am!

A special mention must go to Tina & Fudge for making me practically cry with laughter on the train journey home with stories from back in t'day....(no names will be mentioned! :yes::lol: )

Congratulations to Neil & Dolly!! :yes:thumbup.gif

See you in April! :D

Ady, i havnt been for a year well since the hours changed.And also i heard in the banana vine, that the music policy has gone down hill, well how wrong can people be i should've got on my bike and checked it out my self, last night was one of the best nights i ever had since it opened music policy was across the board hit the 4 corners and staight in the middle, the floor was packed all night, all new faces and lots of young people were there which was great to see, i can see them dancing with passion thats what the scene been lacking for a long while id like to use that word again PASSION keep the good work up ady as i know u will.

Billy thumbsup.gif

P.S:

Guest Bearsy

Please, not glowing reports, I can't take it. Like to say my night in with book and Chinese was better but think you all know that's not true. :yes:

Off to hide from computer until reports die down. frusty2.gif

Sorry Jock but you did miss a brilliant night of music and friends, i havent seen the atmosphere like that for a while at the 100 Club and at 6am it was still very very busy :D

i only decided at the last minute to go after the Lightwater doo and im glad i did cos it was awsome from the minute i arrived at 2am right up too the finish, loads of friends there and made some new ones too so what more can you ask for, oh yeah the music, best i have heard there and the djs seemed to be pulling out all the stops with top tune after top tune, just awsome :yes:

well done Ady a great night and long may it continue yes.gif

Bearsy

An unexpected twist in my travels left me in London on Saturday night and realising the 100 club was on i couldnt not go, even though i had work the next morning!! In Oxford.. brilliant night, great to say hello to Andy, James, Trickster, Kylee, Billy etc. (sorry i know i missed people out) .. music was tops, hearing and being able to dance to 'Soul Searcher' for me is worth travelling!! soo many good tunes a real great mix and some stuff i havent heard in AGES!! soo good.. brill night, why i dont get down to this more often i dont know, i'll be down again soon!

Liam

Guest Goldwax

Brilliant night. Thanks to DJ's and promoters. This place never ceases to amaze me. The only downer was when the lights came on, I couldn't believe it was 6.00 already - that crowd had at least another 2 hours left in it!

Guest Mrs Simsy

Brilliant night. Thanks to DJ's and promoters. This place never ceases to amaze me. The only downer was when the lights came on, I couldn't believe it was 6.00 already - that crowd had at least another 2 hours left in it!

yes.gif:D

Guest Bearsy

good to see you again you old wanna be pikey you :shades:

got to agree about the finish time and crowd, could of gone on for a whole lot longer :yes:

Guest Goldwax

good to see you again you old wanna be pikey you :yes:

got to agree about the finish time and crowd, could of gone on for a whole lot longer :yes:

But if it had gone on longer you would have been late for your rag and bone round :lol:

Good to see you too mate :shades:

Guest Mrs Simsy

An unexpected twist in my travels left me in London on Saturday night and realising the 100 club was on i couldnt not go, even though i had work the next morning!! In Oxford.. brilliant night, great to say hello to Andy, James, Trickster, Kylee, Billy etc. (sorry i know i missed people out) .. music was tops, hearing and being able to dance to 'Soul Searcher' for me is worth travelling!! soo many good tunes a real great mix and some stuff i havent heard in AGES!! soo good.. brill night, why i dont get down to this more often i dont know, i'll be down again soon!

Liam

It was a lovely surprise to see you! :yes:

Hope it's all going well, see you in Birmingham! :shades:

Guest fuzzyjon

Yep, it sure was a great night.... Sorry I had to turn the lights on at 6am.... by order of da management ;-)

Great to hear Betty Lloyd too.....

Jon

:shades:

Unfortunately couldn't stay long last night as I'd pulled a muscle in my leg and was in agony. However, what I did experience was great. Some really good new tunes played and enjoyed Russ's spot. Congratulations to Neil/Dolly and Donna too.

Warren

Edited by boogaloo
Guest Carrie Mehome

Great night and great music. Really enjoyed myself. Big hugs and hellos to Billy, Kylee, Ian, Warren, Tina etc. ( I didn't get to meet Lucy - but next time eh!) Think we left at 5:30am and had the offer of a lift but we came back in for some more dancing and romancing for only a minute then left again - don't like leaving that place! Going back to bed in a minute to catch up on some Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :shades:

Guest Mrs Simsy

Great night and great music. Really enjoyed myself. Big hugs and hellos to Billy, Kylee, Ian, Warren, Tina etc. ( I didn't get to meet Lucy - but next time eh!) Think we left at 5:30am and had the offer of a lift but we came back in for some more dancing and romancing for only a minute then left again - don't like leaving that place! Going back to bed in a minute to catch up on some Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :P

Great to see you. You looked like you were having a good time. I don't think i saw you leave the dancefloor! :yes:

Quote of the night for me came from Tina-

"I drink anything me....oh except meths!" :lol::yes:

Looking forward to April already! :shades:

Guest Carrie Mehome

Mad nite eh! Shame we didn't get down earlier and join you all in the pub. Out train stopped at Golders Green and had to get a poxy replacement bus to Camden so just pubbed it there.

See you in April! P.S. - Congrats Neil and Dolly! xx

Great to see you. You looked like you were having a good time. I don't think i saw you leave the dancefloor! :yes:

Quote of the night for me came from Tina-

"I drink anything me....oh except meths!" :lol::yes:

Looking forward to April already! :shades:

Ady, i havnt been for a year well since the hours changed.And also i heard in the banana vine, that the music policy has gone down hill, well how wrong can people be i should've got on my bike and checked it out my self, last night was one of the best nights i ever had since it opened music policy was across the board hit the 4 corners and staight in the middle, the floor was packed all night, all new faces and lots of young people were there which was great to see, i can see them dancing with passion thats what the scene been lacking for a long while id like to use that word again PASSION keep the good work up ady as i know u will.

Billy :shades:

P.S:

Nice one Billy and many thanks for the lift btw. Only downer for me was some fcukwits on the dance floor spilling drinks etc so Ady "sort it out, Guvnor!!"

respect

Mark C

Guest DonnaD

Unfortunately couldn't stay long last night as I'd pulled a muscle in my leg and was in agony. However, what I did experience was great. Some really good new tunes played and enjoyed Carl's spot. Congratulations to Neil/Dolly and Donna too.

Warren

Thanks Warren :D I saw you hobbling a bit on the stairs, I just thought that perhaps you were suffering from the effects of alcohol :lol: . It was a great night and good to meet Goldwax, who I actually knew from back in those heady mod days. Good also to chat to Andy about the ills of the world, although I did expect Dan, Stuart or Pete to suddenly pop up and start throwing tomatoes at us. The music was fantastic but I did find the crowd a bit weird, it was the first time I had ever been fronted up to on a dancefloor :yes: - lucky his girlfriend was there to pull him away (for me that is :shades: ). Always fantastic to see Jake, Chris, Roddy and James T. Also liked to see Billy back spinning in the corner. The monty Python haggling sketch was funny when trying to sell a record to Mr Fingers :P . Roll on the next one, although might not make it :yes: I will have to live it vicariously through lookbacks.

Congrats to Dolly and Neil - How Romantic :D

Edited by DonnaD

The South Coasters had a ball as usual, great to be on the road with Steve, Jas & Dave again........what a mad 24 hours !!!!........even saw Steve.........doing his best Disco bunny impersonation earlier in the day at the ChiSoul Modern Alldayer, never seen him doing his 'up & down dance' usually the 'side to side' dance !.

Mad dash to London, surreal conversations.............Dave muttering something about Nuns, which I dont think we ever got to the bottom of.........Jas, held captive in the back :yes: beers in the Posts............& then some great music & good times with good friends, great new sound from Butch.........Vashionettes (?) c/up.......massive dancer. Congrats to Dolly & Neil, great also to see Sue Mayfield celebrating her birthday, Derek Jack, Little Ben & loads of others too.......really enjoyed my two sets & you guys n gals were very kind & danced ya asses off in true 100 Club fashion.

BTW great to see the Burnley boys down, hope you had a good time.

All in all a mad soulful weekend, thank you all for making it possible :lol: .

Now I need a bit of a sit down :shades: .

Russ

Thanks Warren :D I saw you hobbling a bit on the stairs, I just thought that perhaps you were suffering from the effects of alcohol :no: . It was a great night and good to meet Goldwax, who I actually knew from back in those heady mod days. Good also to chat to Andy about the ills of the world, although I did expect Dan, Stuart or Pete to suddenly pop up and start throwing tomatoes at us. The music was fantastic but I did find the crowd a bit weird, it was the first time I had ever been fronted up to on a dancefloor :no: - lucky his girlfriend was there to pull him away (for me that is :thumbup: ). Always fantastic to see Jake, Chris, Roddy and James T. Also liked to see Billy back spinning in the corner. The monty Python haggling sketch was funny when trying to sell a record to Mr Fingers :no: . Roll on the next one, although might not make it :P I will have to live it vicariously through lookbacks.

Congrats to Dolly and Neil - How Romantic :)

I liked to see Billy back spinning in the corner, :lol: honestly donnad, :thumbup: you no I will do anything for u but not that :no: the gloves must be a give away lol Billy ps brill night

Guest Little Ian

anouther good nite,good mix of tunes.

funny watching ciara getting people off the floor with their drinks.(the 7 stone lionheart)

Guest Carrie Mehome

I got mistaken for Ciara at the last Letchworth Ian! Only she is a lovely 7 stone and I'm 11 stone!!!! I was quite flattered! :thumbup:

anouther good nite,good mix of tunes.

funny watching ciara getting people off the floor with their drinks.(the 7 stone lionheart)

Mad nite eh! Shame we didn't get down earlier and join you all in the pub. Our train stopped at Golders Green and had to get a poxy replacement bus to Camden so just pubbed it there.

Yea....tell me about it Carrie! Me n my mate were in London yesterday for lunch n a show- we parked at Brent Cross and then had to do the bus thing from Golders Green to Camden (& on way back) that must have added at least half an hour each way onto the journey! Fortunately loads of people in the same boat n most seem to take it in good spirits but I wouldnt fancy that journey every day though! We drove back up to Northants from Brent X at about 8 and were at a soul do up here ....otherwise had planned coming to the 100. Glad you had fun (& that mad girl from Rugby....not that I know her obviously! :thumbup: )

Mad nite eh! Shame we didn't get down earlier and join you all in the pub. Our train stopped at Golders Green and had to get a poxy replacement bus to Camden so just pubbed it there.

Yea....tell me about it Carrie! Me n my mate were in London yesterday for lunch n a show- we parked at Brent Cross and then had to do the bus thing from Golders Green to Camden (& on way back) that must have added at least half an hour each way onto the journey! Fortunately loads of people in the same boat n most seem to take it in good spirits but I wouldnt fancy that journey every day though! We drove back up to Northants from Brent X at about 8 and were at a soul do up here ....otherwise had planned coming to the 100. Glad you had fun (& that mad girl from Rugby....not that I know her obviously! :thumbup: )

Edited by Delasoul

Shame you couldn't make it Gayle - next time hopefully! Oh yes the Rugby girls are full of fun! :thumbup:

The Rugby girlies are great (mad as hatters but lovely with it yea!) Will p.m you soon anyway (to see where we're both planning to go ) n maybe our paths will eventually cross Carrie!

:thumbup:

Guest Bearsy

The Rugby girlies are great (mad as hatters but lovely with it yea!) Will p.m you soon anyway (to see where we're both planning to go ) n maybe our paths will eventually cross Carrie!

:thumbup:

can you pm me too so i know where not to go :thumbup:

Hi Gail :no:

Guest Mrs Simsy

can you pm me too so i know where not to go :huh:

Hi Gail :(

:lol:laugh.gif

I don't know any mad girls from Rugby....

Be nice to see you Gail!

Ooh, at work & it's not nice-even if i did sleep for 13 hours yesterday! :D

I forgot to thank Mick H for playing a record that i requested on Saturday so Mick H-thank you! :unsure:

Guest James Trouble

Good mixed crowd, plenty of young hip Londonites enjoying themselves. Nice to see.

Since the new earlier start times have kicked in it's almost felt like the start of a new era down there. Maybe I'm being a little over dramatic, but there's definitely been a different vibe the past few months. Edgier, more exciting. Hard to explain, but it's all good.

Cheers Ady :huh:

Roll on next month... :unsure:

Guest hammy

Good time had by all. I thought the atmosphere was as good as I've had on a night out for a long time.

Nice to see everyone, and put a few names to faces.

Hammy

Thanks for the positive messages I did enjoy the night greatly and you're right about 6 am being too early but I don't think I could handle the 8 am finishes any more. It wasn't my decision but it's probably elongated my lifespan.

I do agree about the drinkers on the floor, not too many but they were a bit dumb, they agreed nicely, complied and then did it again a bit later. Next one the downstairs bouncer will be on permanent lookout (it was a new one this time who seemed mildly bemused).

Now I nearly promised Chris Waterman I wouldn't tell this one, but nearly's not a binding contract. I was standing upstairs in the hallway with Winston and Big John when two people were walking out of the club towards Oxford St. The left hand glass door was open and the right closed as they had been all night. The person at the front negotiated the tricky manoeuvre of getting through a four foot space with aplomb, whereas the person following behind, whom by then I had noted was none other than the esteemed New Century promoter, the aforementioned Mr Waterman, took an alternate and very interesting route. He proceeded to walk straight into the rather solid glass door that was parallel rather than perpendicular with Oxford St, thereby giving himself one of the hardest bangs on the head I've ever witnessed. To be fair, he can take a punch, otherwise by rights he would have slumped to the floor. One of the highlights of a rare old night, I'm ashamed to say!

A well good nighter that was..

Congrates to Neil & Dolly,its nice to see two people very very happy,hope you like your 7" pressie Dolly,at least i know its gone to a good home(a 7" pressie is a record not what you lot of pervs think)! :thumbup: .

I walked in to the Blue Posts pub,and all my scots mates in the bar Roddy,Kathrine & me old mate Melv along with a great bunch from north of the border,suffice to say much ale was consumed in the pub,i even got a beer off Ginger Dave and thats a 1st laugh.gif .Had a call from Dave Rimmer "i'm in a square,wheres the pub"me says get a cab you tight git,and less than 2 minutes later in he walks dragging that enormous bag,good old Dave never fails to show up ..

The 100 club goes from stength to strength.......the tunes played were of the highest quality ALL night,all top notch tunes,but Mr Keith Money is my fav at the moment,pure class and he played "soul Searcher" what a tune!!.

Great friendly people inside......too many to mention but you know who you are and thanks for being great company all night..The mix of people is just right old uns like me and the soul youth make it for a great nighter......WELL DONE ADY..

heres to the next one in April.......i'll be there.

ps thanks must go to Mick Smith & Pete Hulatt for the lift home along with Sharon ..you're great company at 6.30 in the morning......thanks..

A happy Toby..

The 100 club goes from stength to strength.......the tunes played were of the highest quality ALL night,all top notch tunes,but Mr Keith Money is my fav at the moment,pure class and he played "soul Searcher" what a tune!!.

Without a doubt toby, Keith is my favourite dj on the scene and played sheer amazing records from start to finish...

Without a doubt toby, Keith is my favourite dj on the scene and played sheer amazing records from start to finish...

I second that,not even a hint of an average tune ALL quality and class,You can see it in his face when he plays records like that hes enjoying them as much as us..

Liam

[/quo

liam try get down to trickster, 50th or was it your 40th not to sure lol.

Billy

Thanks for the positive messages I did enjoy the night greatly and you're right about 6 am being too early but I don't think I could handle the 8 am finishes any more. It wasn't my decision but it's probably elongated my lifespan.

I do agree about the drinkers on the floor, not too many but they were a bit dumb, they agreed nicely, complied and then did it again a bit later. Next one the downstairs bouncer will be on permanent lookout (it was a new one this time who seemed mildly bemused).

Now I nearly promised Chris Waterman I wouldn't tell this one, but nearly's not a binding contract. I was standing upstairs in the hallway with Winston and Big John when two people were walking out of the club towards Oxford St. The left hand glass door was open and the right closed as they had been all night. The person at the front negotiated the tricky manoeuvre of getting through a four foot space with aplomb, whereas the person following behind, whom by then I had noted was none other than the esteemed New Century promoter, the aforementioned Mr Waterman, took an alternate and very interesting route. He proceeded to walk straight into the rather solid glass door that was parallel rather than perpendicular with Oxford St, thereby giving himself one of the hardest bangs on the head I've ever witnessed. To be fair, he can take a punch, otherwise by rights he would have slumped to the floor. One of the highlights of a rare old night, I'm ashamed to say!

He kept that bloody quiet. laugh.gif He got pissed and made me drive home. And when we stopped at the services, he couldn't understand why he had a cut nose. He thought someone had chinned him. laugh.gif:thumbup: ......Thanks for a great night Ady, good to meet up with so many top peeps, you know who you are. Thanks to Mick H, who halfway through his spot, decided to take it as a personal insult that I wasn't dancing.....so he played a record for me. So like the good person I am, I got up and danced to said tune.....then what does he do, but play one fantastic record after another till the end of his set.....I couldn't get off the floor, I was totally knackered.....thanks mate. rolleyes.gif:lol:

Phil.

Edited by quinvy
Guest Ollie Lailey

classic 100 club. great atmosphere, fantastic records and good laughs. nice to see some younger folk all really enjoying the music........cant be bad!

Guest Chris Waterman

Thanks very much Mr C,

Got home Sunday morning and Marcelle asked me why I had a cut on the bridge of my nose, I could not not give her an answer but thought it might have had something to do with the bump on my forehead and telling Mace to buy his own drinks.

After reading this look back, I can see it was a good night, but I am buggered if I can remember.

I`d like too say sorry for being a moody git,me head wasnt all that!!........Hope Claire,Micky,Roddy,Howard and Debs and everyone can forgive me :ohmy: hopefully back to me normal abnormal self next time out....not at the next one i`m at Middleton so should be a belter :D Cheers fer`me records Blackwhite all in good order.

Well, another First Class performance from Ady & the gang at the weekend.. it's my fave 'niter anyway so obviously biased, but the place was absolutely electric !! Alive with the buzz generated from the very enthusiastic collective.

The music for the entire evening was second to none !! Some incredibly awesome stuff attacking my welcoming & eager eardrums - Butch.. Ady.. Mick H.. in fact, each & every DJ presented me with at least one offering not previously known to me and all of the very highest quality !!

Add to the mix the familiar faces (some on a weekly basis even!) some extremely worthwhile new purchases & all-round great conversation.. Well !! Does it get any better !??!

Like Ken, am 'gutted' to be unable to attend April's date - due to my booking at Middleton.. but will be back the following - with a vengeance. :D

Keep up the brilliant work Ady.. :ohmy:

Fingers..

I`d like too say sorry for being a moody git,me head wasnt all that!!........Hope Claire,Micky,Roddy,Howard and Debs and everyone can forgive me :ohmy: hopefully back to me normal abnormal self next time out....not at the next one i`m at Middleton so should be a belter :D Cheers fer`me records Blackwhite all in good order.

Changed me mind,will be at next one :D

Source Advert