Driving Beat Soul Club Sixhills Leics

Guest soulfullbabe

Guest soulfullbabe

Yet again a fantastic night what an atmosphere sixhills has it seems to be getting better with each visit. Great to see people who came from up and down the country, Great to see the gang from devon again and some new faces as well. As you know im a huge fan of this venue and have never been dissapointed and always come home feeling great Bryn,Gaz & Trev keep on with the good work. Nightnurse what a absolute cracker of a spot you did you played that dancefloor and was rewarded with a full floor well done matey. Hey anyone who hasnt paid a visit give it a go one of the most friendliest venues ive visited i can tell you. Happy birthday once again Trev and Andy Gibbo happy birthday on St Patricks day matey hope to see you soon. Soulfullbabe.

• Replies 44
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest shaunmarie

hiya di wot an out standing ngt as you said i talked to people from devon all the way up to manchester !!! any soul ngt that can attract people from that distance tells you something , me and bobby was the first to arrive and was danceing within five mins of arrival [ dont even think the place had opened !! ] great meeting trev and gaz again top blokes and genuine with it , with in what seemed like minutes the place was packed and our nice empty dance floor gone back to fighting for space , all the djs played very good spots with the last spot filling every inch of the dance floor well read , was pleased to see rob moss again hes a top bloke and has imo helped the scene no end , he played some blinding tunes but it just wasnt his night it happens to us all , di had told us just how freindly this place is and she wasnt wrong , the big smile on the door from trev as you come in and pay your money just £3.00 and its up hill from there , great seeing the lads from huntingdon again how the hell they got let out again is beyond me !!! we will deffinatly be back to this event and if you havent made this one yet , get there and give it a go you will not be disapointed , if you dont come out of there with a load more new mates and a massive smile you must be of your trolly

well done gaz and trev think theres someone else but never met ya

cant wait for the next one

b good shaun :D

hiya di wot an out standing ngt as you said i talked to people from devon all the way up to manchester !!! any soul ngt that can attract people from that distance tells you something , me and bobby was the first to arrive and was danceing within five mins of arrival [ dont even think the place had opened !! ] great meeting trev and gaz again top blokes and genuine with it , with in what seemed like minutes the place was packed and our nice empty dance floor gone back to fighting for space , all the djs played very good spots with the last spot filling every inch of the dance floor well read , was pleased to see rob moss again hes a top bloke and has imo helped the scene no end , he played some blinding tunes but it just wasnt his night it happens to us all , di had told us just how freindly this place is and she wasnt wrong , the big smile on the door from trev as you come in and pay your money just £3.00 and its up hill from there , great seeing the lads from huntingdon again how the hell they got let out again is beyond me !!! we will deffinatly be back to this event and if you havent made this one yet , get there and give it a go you will not be disapointed , if you dont come out of there with a load more new mates and a massive smile you must be of your trolly

well done gaz and trev think theres someone else but never met ya

cant wait for the next one

b good shaun :D

====

yes the mrs came stumbling in this morning,,rubbing it in how good it was!.....

Guest soulfullbabe

====

Never mind matey thats the joys of parenthood.

====

i aint complaning .. called the soul/life balance ...lol

went to the last one - seems to be building up nicely..

the wifey done you well mark , plenty of flyers put all around for the coop 12 april

nice to see your m8 mick there :huh:

cracking night and good tunes

Guest GazArcher

WHAT CAN I SAY?

LAST NIGHT WE HAD IT ALL.

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED LAST NIGHT AND MADE IT SUCH A FANTASTIC NIGHT THAT AT THE END I WAS FEELING VERY PROUD AND EMOTIONAL AT THE TERIFFIC APPLAUSE THAT YOU ALL GAVE US. THIS IS WHY WE DO IT! THE DRIVING BEAT SOUL CLUB AT SIXHILLS IS NOT BRYNS, TREVS OR MY EVENT ITS YOURS AND LAST NIGHT DIDN'T YOU SHOW IT.

AT THE START WHEN WE WERE HAVING TECHNICAL PROBS (FOR WHICH I APOLAGISE) I TURNED AROUND TO SEE PEOPLE DANCING AND WE HADN'T OPENED YET! AS I PLAY FOR THE PEOPLE, (DJ'S IMO SHOULD BE ENTERTAINERS FIRST) THIS PUT ON PRESSURE (SELF INFLICTED) TO KEEP THE GREAT START GOING AND I CONTINUED TO PLAY FROM 1 DECK. BIG BIG THANK YOU TO DAVE (NITE NIURSE) WHO DISPITE BEING NEARLY AT SIXHILLS TURNED AROUND AND BROUGHT A SPARE DECK.

THE DJ'S DID A BRILLIANT JOB AND BY THE END OF THE NIGHT THERE WASN'T A SPARE AREA TO DANCE, THEY WERE QUITE LITERALLY DANCING IN THE AISLES.

BUT THE BIGGEST THANK YOU OF ALL GOES TO THOSE WHO PAID THEIR MONEY AND PLAYED A MAJOR PART IN MAKING THE NIGHT THE SUCCESS IT WAS. I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW FAR SOME PEOPLE HAD TRAVELLED TO BE WITH US. THE REGULARS FROM HUNTINGDON AND MELTON, EYE FM, STOKE, CROWDS FROM DEVON AND MANCHESTER AND OF COURSE ALL OUR REGULARS FROM NOTTS AND THE SURROUNDING AREAS. ( IF I HAVE MISSED ANYONE OUT SORRY ) MY BIGGEST SURPRISE WAS THE 5 FROM THE PLYMOUTH AREA, AND IT WASN'T THEIR FIRST VISIT, AND THEY SAID IT WILL DEFINATELY NOT BE THEIR LAST, YOU ARE ALL SUPER STARS TO THE DRIVING BEAT SOUL CLUB :huh:

THANKS FOR A GREAT NIGHT (WE ARE TRYING TO GET THE BAR AND TIME EXTENDED) SEE YOU ALL NEXT MONTH IF NOT BEFORE (ROLL ON SKEG)

DO I LOVE YOU....................

INDEED I DO

THANX A MILLION

WHAT CAN I SAY?

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED LAST NIGHT AND MADE IT SUCH A FANTASTIC NIGHT THAT AT THE END I WAS FEELING VERY PROUD AND EMOTIONAL AT THE TERIFFIC APPLAUSE THAT YOU ALL GAVE US. THIS IS WHY WE DO IT! THE DRIVING BEAT SOUL CLUB AT SIXHILLS IS NOT BRYNS, TREVS OR MY EVENT ITS YOURS AND LAST NIGHT DIDN'T YOU SHOW IT.

AT THE START WHEN WE WERE HAVING TECHNICAL PROBS (FOR WHICH I APOLAGISE) I TURNED AROUND TO SEE PEOPLE DANCING AND WE HADN'T OPENED YET! AS I PLAY FOR THE PEOPLE, (DJ'S IMO SHOULD BE ENTERTAINERS FIRST) THIS PUT ON PRESSURE (SELF INFLICTED) TO KEEP THE GREAT START GOING AND I CONTINUED TO PLAY FROM 1 DECK. BIG BIG THANK YOU TO DAVE (NITE NIURSE) WHO DISPITE BEING NEARLY AT SIXHILLS TURNED AROUND AND BROUGHT A SPARE DECK.

THE DJ'S DID A BRILLIANT JOB AND BY THE END OF THE NIGHT THERE WASN'T A SPARE AREA TO DANCE, THEY WERE QUITE LITERALLY DANCING IN THE AISLES.

BUT THE BIGGEST THANK YOU OF ALL GOES TO THOSE WHO PAID THEIR MONEY AND PLAYED A MAJOR PART IN MAKING THE NIGHT THE SUCCESS IT WAS. I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW FAR SOME PEOPLE HAD TRAVELLED TO BE WITH US. THE REGULARS FROM HUNTINGDON AND MELTON, EYE FM, STOKE, CROWDS FROM DEVON AND MANCHESTER AND OF COURSE ALL OUR REGULARS FROM NOTTS AND THE SURROUNDING AREAS. ( IF I HAVE MISSED ANYONE OUT SORRY ) MY BIGGEST SURPRISE WAS THE 5 FROM THE PLYMOUTH AREA, AND IT WASN'T THEIR FIRST VISIT, AND THEY SAID IT WILL DEFINATELY NOT BE THEIR LAST, YOU ARE ALL SUPER STARS TO THE DRIVING BEAT SOUL CLUB :huh:

THANKS FOR A GREAT NIGHT (WE ARE TRYING TO GET THE BAR AND TIME EXTENDED) SEE YOU ALL NEXT MONTH IF NOT BEFORE (ROLL ON SKEG)

INDEED I DO

THANX A MILLION

GOT TO AGREE WITH YOU GAZ WHAT ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT ITS GREAT TO BE INVOLVED IN SUCH A GREAT VENUE ITS GREAT TO HELP TWO GOOD MATES AS YOU AND BRYN WHO PUT IN ALL THE HARD WORK TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD NIGHT AT SIXHILLS ITS NICE TO WALK ROUND WHEN I COME OFF THE DOOR AND GET FEEDBACK FROM ALL OUR GUEST TO SAY WHAT A NIGHT THEY HAVE HAD AND AS WE HAVE SAID WITHOUT THE CROWD WE DONT HAVE A VENUE SO A BIG THANKS TO ALL YOU GOOD FREINDS NEW AND OLD WHO HAVE TRAVELED FROM DEVON/CAMBS/STAFFS/MANCHESTER/NOTTS /LEICS AND LONDON AND NOT TO FORGET THE GREAT LINE UP OF DJ'S HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN AT SIXHILLS BRING YOUR FREINDS FOR THE BEST VENUE AROUND A BIG THANKS FROM BRYN GAZ AND MYSELF FOR SUPPORTING US EVERY MONTH A BIG THANKS TO DAVE(NIGHT NURSE) FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP EVERY MONTH GREAT LAST SPOT MATE :ohmy:biggrin.gif:lol::lol:

I promised to provide full playlist from last night.

'Love,love, love' LEN BARRY

'Trapped in a love' BARRINO BROTHERS

'You ain't saying' nothin' new' VIRGIL HENRY

'Since I found my baby' METROS

'What' TINA MASON

'Talkin' about my baby' DOTTIE & MILLIE

'That's what you do to me' DEON JACKSON

'The night that love died' SAUNDRA EDWARDS (Unissued)

'Don't lead me on baby' EMANUEL LASKEY

'Suspicion' FUNK BROTHERS (Unissued instrumental)

'My dear heart' BARBARA MERCER (Unissued)

'My love looks good on you' FABULOUS PEPS

'He really loves me' DEBBIE ROLLINS

'No one could love you more' GLADYS KNIGHT (request)

'Blowing my mind to pieces' BOB RELF

'I'm coming too' BILLY BASS

'Keep on trying (till you find love) CONTOURS (Unissued)

'He loves me' CHALFONTES

'Got to find a way to get you back' TEMPTATIONS (Unissued without lead vocal)

'You better know what you're getting into' PATTI AUSTIN

'My oh my' BILLY FLOYD

'Frantic escape' INNOCENT BYSTANDERS

'Soulful shack' MIRACLES (Unissued alternate take)

'I'm catching on' BETTY LLOYD

'Ain't that love enough' LARRY ATKINS

'Set my heart at ease' MIKKI FARROW

'In your spare time' CINDY SCOTT

'I'm in love' LEN BARRY

Great to see Rob THomas in attendance with his lovely wife, Kate. Such a pity that many of those in attendance didn't seem to know a lot of the tunes played and preferred to hear over played oldies or Motown hits. Didn't seem as friendly as other contributors made out either.

well what can i say thats not already been said this is the one event if you not been to yet you are deffo missing one off the best soul events on the scean. :huh:

a big thanks to gaz and bryn once again but as gaz says it you who make the night what it is and as always you turned out in droves cant remember total amount in the veinue but i know it was more than last month so this venue is getting bigger each month (soon be time to make it a 2 room venue i think) i have got a play list off what i can remember i played they not in order of play

why when the love has gone isley bros motown

elijah rock with soul hank jacob call me record

super love david and the giants uk capitol demo

nobody but me human beinz uk capital demo

kiss my love beety swan atlantic

these things will keep vellvettes soul

shake me wake me 4 tops tamla white demo

love is like an itching supremes american motowm

champion willie mitchell london

driving beat willie mitchell london

have some every body flaming emeralds grapevine

standing on solid ground sidney barnes mid west international

stone love supremes yesteryear

I cant remember the rest as gaz joined me to do a back to back and the dance floored was packed right up to the last record was played

do i love you indeed i do ( gaz)

a big thanks to you all for making it yet another great night and will see you at skeg if not before you lot made my night a big thanks to trev and sorry i missed your birthday shout mate becaurse everything in the venue starts with your big smile and welcome mate

night nurse

GOT TO AGREE WITH YOU GAZ WHAT ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT ITS GREAT TO BE INVOLVED IN SUCH A GREAT VENUE ITS GREAT TO HELP TWO GOOD MATES AS YOU AND BRYN WHO PUT IN ALL THE HARD WORK TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD NIGHT AT SIXHILLS ITS NICE TO WALK ROUND WHEN I COME OFF THE DOOR AND GET FEEDBACK FROM ALL OUR GUEST TO SAY WHAT A NIGHT THEY HAVE HAD AND AS WE HAVE SAID WITHOUT THE CROWD WE DONT HAVE A VENUE SO A BIG THANKS TO ALL YOU GOOD FREINDS NEW AND OLD WHO HAVE TRAVELED FROM DEVON/CAMBS/STAFFS/MANCHESTER/NOTTS /LEICS AND LONDON AND NOT TO FORGET THE GREAT LINE UP OF DJ'S HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN AT SIXHILLS BRING YOUR FREINDS FOR THE BEST VENUE AROUND A BIG THANKS FROM BRYN GAZ AND MYSELF FOR SUPPORTING US EVERY MONTH A BIG THANKS TO DAVE(NIGHT NURSE) FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP EVERY MONTH GREAT LAST SPOT MATE :ohmy:biggrin.gif:lol::lol:

Loved the motown trev :huh:

Yet again a fantastic night what an atmosphere sixhills has it seems to be getting better with each visit. Great to see people who came from up and down the country and some new faces as well.

Hiya Diane, good to see you again. As you rightly say the venue is now getting people coming from a wide area, myself from Kings Lynn, Rob and Kate Thomas from Louth (Lincs), the lads from Huntingdon and from reading some of the other posts people there from Devon and Manchester alike.

Hi Mark, had said to Debbie to say hello from me, seems a while since I saw you last.

I've enjoyed a few visits to this venue now, always good to catch up with several Notts and Leics friends that go. True a mainly oldie playlist, enjoyed that though so was on the floor a lot, and didn't always have a lot of room as it was really packed most of the time.

Had a rather interesting detour on the journey home when the A1 was closed near Stamford, the "official" diversion would send people all the way west to Oakham (on roads that can cope with HGVs) but found a much shorter back road route myself.

Sure I'll be back soon, if not next month fairly certainly within 3. Those I know on here going to Skegness see you there.

Cheers

Alan

Guest soulfullbabe

WHAT CAN I SAY?

INDEED I DO

THANX A MILLION

Hi Gaz if it wasnt for you bryn and trev (old smiler) sixhills wouldnt be the sucsess it is you supply the venue for us the paying public and as ive said before what commitment on your lots behalf you give us what we want time and time again and all credit to you all what a fantastic venue what fantastic people got to be top of list for an east midlands soul night. Roll on skeg the soulfull bitch is a coming (not liturally of coarse :ohmy: )

Guest soulfullbabe

====

i aint complaning .. called the soul/life balance ...lol

went to the last one - seems to be building up nicely..

Hi i bet on your next visit you will be more impressed than your last one it just keeps getting better and better. Ive done my soul life balance now making up good and proper and what a soul life im having now sixhills gonna always be close to my heart what management (creeep) what a crowd all with the heartbeat of soul pumping through our veins (who needs gear) absolutly brill. Soulfullbabe.

Guest soulfullbabe

Hiya Diane, good to see you again. As you rightly say the venue is now getting people coming from a wide area, myself from Kings Lynn, Rob and Kate Thomas from Louth (Lincs), the lads from Huntingdon and from reading some of the other posts people there from Devon and Manchester alike.

Hi Mark, had said to Debbie to say hello from me, seems a while since I saw you last.

I've enjoyed a few visits to this venue now, always good to catch up with several Notts and Leics friends that go. True a mainly oldie playlist, enjoyed that though so was on the floor a lot, and didn't always have a lot of room as it was really packed most of the time.

Had a rather interesting detour on the journey home when the A1 was closed near Stamford, the "official" diversion would send people all the way west to Oakham (on roads that can cope with HGVs) but found a much shorter back road route myself.

Sure I'll be back soon, if not next month fairly certainly within 3. Those I know on here going to Skegness see you there.

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan good to see you having the time of your life thankyou for saying hello keep the faith matey, all the best Soulfullbabe.

Guest soulfullbabe

GOT TO AGREE WITH YOU GAZ WHAT ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT ITS GREAT TO BE INVOLVED IN SUCH A GREAT VENUE ITS GREAT TO HELP TWO GOOD MATES AS YOU AND BRYN WHO PUT IN ALL THE HARD WORK TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD NIGHT AT SIXHILLS ITS NICE TO WALK ROUND WHEN I COME OFF THE DOOR AND GET FEEDBACK FROM ALL OUR GUEST TO SAY WHAT A NIGHT THEY HAVE HAD AND AS WE HAVE SAID WITHOUT THE CROWD WE DONT HAVE A VENUE SO A BIG THANKS TO ALL YOU GOOD FREINDS NEW AND OLD WHO HAVE TRAVELED FROM DEVON/CAMBS/STAFFS/MANCHESTER/NOTTS /LEICS AND LONDON AND NOT TO FORGET THE GREAT LINE UP OF DJ'S HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN AT SIXHILLS BRING YOUR FREINDS FOR THE BEST VENUE AROUND A BIG THANKS FROM BRYN GAZ AND MYSELF FOR SUPPORTING US EVERY MONTH A BIG THANKS TO DAVE(NIGHT NURSE) FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP EVERY MONTH GREAT LAST SPOT MATE :)biggrin.gif:D:D

Trev need a name of good solicitor for the vibration white c*@t claim laugh.gif:lol::g: .

Guest soulfullbabe

'What' TINA MASON

'He loves me' CHALFONTES

'My oh my' BILLY FLOYD

'I'm in love' LEN BARRY

Great to see Rob THomas in attendance with his lovely wife, Kate. Such a pity that many of those in attendance didn't seem to know a lot of the tunes played and preferred to hear over played oldies or Motown hits. Didn't seem as friendly as other contributors made out either.

Im one for speaking my mind sixhills isnt as unfriendly as you make out Rob to tell you the truth alot of people wasnt impressed with what you played an empty dance floor told you that there isnt any dj that ive seen play that venue struggle the way you did it just wasnt your night as shaun said .you keep your head up though as you have played some good nights perhaps sixhills wasnt for you but thats the chance you take being a dj you cant keep everyone happy matey.

Guest shaunmarie

Hi i bet on your next visit you will be more impressed than your last one it just keeps getting better and better. Ive done my soul life balance now making up good and proper and what a soul life im having now sixhills gonna always be close to my heart what management (creeep) what a crowd all with the heartbeat of soul pumping through our veins (who needs gear) absolutly brill. Soulfullbabe.

that last bit di has had me laffin since i read it :lol::g::)laugh.gif

b good shaun thumbup.gif

GOT TO AGREE WITH YOU GAZ WHAT ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT ITS GREAT TO BE INVOLVED IN SUCH A GREAT VENUE ITS GREAT TO HELP TWO GOOD MATES AS YOU AND BRYN WHO PUT IN ALL THE HARD WORK TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD NIGHT AT SIXHILLS ITS NICE TO WALK ROUND WHEN I COME OFF THE DOOR AND GET FEEDBACK FROM ALL OUR GUEST TO SAY WHAT A NIGHT THEY HAVE HAD AND AS WE HAVE SAID WITHOUT THE CROWD WE DONT HAVE A VENUE SO A BIG THANKS TO ALL YOU GOOD FREINDS NEW AND OLD WHO HAVE TRAVELED FROM DEVON/CAMBS/STAFFS/MANCHESTER/NOTTS /LEICS AND LONDON AND NOT TO FORGET THE GREAT LINE UP OF DJ'S HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN AT SIXHILLS BRING YOUR FREINDS FOR THE BEST VENUE AROUND A BIG THANKS FROM BRYN GAZ AND MYSELF FOR SUPPORTING US EVERY MONTH A BIG THANKS TO DAVE(NIGHT NURSE) FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP EVERY MONTH GREAT LAST SPOT MATE biggrin.gif:lol::g::)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREV

'What' TINA MASON

'He loves me' CHALFONTES

'My oh my' BILLY FLOYD

'I'm in love' LEN BARRY

Always interested in play lists and i cant believe that the ones i highlighted people didnt know or appreciate,the floor should have been full with dancers IMO rolleyes.gif

Is it possible to get the other playlists for the evening as Im curious as to what did go down well and what does impress the crowd at this venue

Looking at Robs spot there are some cracking tunes that were played and should have had people dancing

So I am interested in is it standard oldies or is something a bit different wanted and accepted?

Trev need a name of good solicitor for the vibration white c*@t claim laugh.gif:lol::g: .

SORRY DONT KNOW ANY GOOD ONES AS THEY ALL SEEM TO FAIL WITH SOME SORT OF LOOP HOLE IN THE CASE LOL :)biggrin.gif:D IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN??? GREAT TO SEE YOU THERE YET AGAIN AND I KNOW I SPEAKE FOR ALL 3 OF US WE LOVE THE SUPPORT YOU GIVE US ALL THE TIME WITH FRIENDS LIKE YOU WE DONT HAVE TO PUSH THE VENUE YOU DO IT FOR US SEE YOU AT SKEG

that last bit di has had me laffin since i read it :lol::g::)laugh.gif

b good shaun thumbup.gif

GREAT TO MEET YOU SHAUN HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD NIGHT AS IT IS A BIT OF A TREK FROM LONDON HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN AND HOPE TO HAVE YOU ON THE DJ,S LIST AND BECOME YET ANOTHER WHO HAS ENJOYED PLAYING TO THE SIXHILLS CROWD AND CANT WAIT TO BE INVITED BACK TO PLAY AGAIN ALL THE BEST :D

Is it possible to get the other playlists for the evening as Im curious as to what did go down well and what does impress the crowd at this venue

Looking at Robs spot there are some cracking tunes that were played and should have had people dancing

So I am interested in is it standard oldies or is something a bit different wanted and accepted?

Play list for Mick Boyle, not in this order

I surrender Eddie Holman

Youve been cheatin The impressions

If you ask me Jerry Williams

Can it be me Mel Williams

Our love will grow The Showmen

Hand it over Chuck Jackson

Cool off Detroit Executives

Youve been leading me on The Steinways

Thats my girl Dee Clark

What kind of a lady Dee Dee Sharp

Lonely lonely girl am i The Velvelettes

Aint that the truth Jr Walker

Seven day fool Etta James

I want to be free Joe Tex

Someones always trying Ted Taylor

Take a giant step The Profiles

Do do de dop The Devotions

Good-by cruel world Linda Griner

If this isnt love Johnny Bartell

Cant we talk it over Larry Allen

Secret of mine Lost Souls

I aint going nowhere Jimmy Reid Jr

Take a chance on me Arrabians

Some day Tempest

House for sale Millie Jackson

Love factory Eloise Laws

Youve been gone too long Ann Sexton

Ill hold you Frankie and Johnny

Just loving you Ruby Andrews

Ill never stop lovin you Carla Thomas

Dont pity me Joanie Sommers

Your gonna love my baby Barbara McNair

This is what I can remember of the one & a half hour spot

Great to see so many people in this brill venue

All up for a great night right from the off

Look forward to next time MB

'What' TINA MASON

'He loves me' CHALFONTES

'My oh my' BILLY FLOYD

'I'm in love' LEN BARRY

Hi gaz bryn and trev sorry we could not make it on saturday due to yocky been booked in skegg but what we would like to say is sixhills as always accepted us with open arms and make us feel home from home with a warm welcome everytime great atmoshere a music policy to suit everybody and really great crowd.our friends came down from donni and said the whole night was brill if steves not booked we will be at the next one Joy & Yocky.XX :wicked:biggrin.gif:shades:

Guest shaunmarie

GREAT TO MEET YOU SHAUN HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD NIGHT AS IT IS A BIT OF A TREK FROM LONDON HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN AND HOPE TO HAVE YOU ON THE DJ,S LIST AND BECOME YET ANOTHER WHO HAS ENJOYED PLAYING TO THE SIXHILLS CROWD AND CANT WAIT TO BE INVITED BACK TO PLAY AGAIN ALL THE BEST :lol:

wotcha trev was good meetin up again with you didnt know it was your b,day so "happy birthday" me and bobby had a brill ngt and cant wait to come back for your nxt one , the ngt went far too quick one min there was only us two danceing the next min we was saying good bye to everyone !!!!! cant wait to do a spot for you mate , im gona try to equal nightnurses spot he had it banging :D , and it was so good to stand back and watch the floor not empty for the whole last hour , see you soon mate

b good shaun :lol:

Guest kizzy2

TOp, Top night - 2nd visit and was just gets better and better - will be back for sure xxxxxxxxx Love to all we spoke to, danced with and also to gumping ripple lol..................... :yes:

wotcha trev was good meetin up again with you didnt know it was your b,day so "happy birthday" me and bobby had a brill ngt and cant wait to come back for your nxt one , the ngt went far too quick one min there was only us two danceing the next min we was saying good bye to everyone !!!!! cant wait to do a spot for you mate , im gona try to equal nightnurses spot he had it banging :yes: , and it was so good to stand back and watch the floor not empty for the whole last hour , see you soon mate

b good shaun :lol:

cheers for that shaunmarie as we always say it the punters that make the night bryn and gary and trev have worked hard to make this venue what it is but it would not be anything with out you lot i have been lucky to have the privlage to dj a few times now and have supported them since they took over only missed it once and i regreted that one. i play to the floor always i never do a set i watch the floor and play to that but a big thanks mate friendly punter great promoters and brill venue. well done lads keep it up

Guest GazArcher

Seeing as everyone else has added their play list i suppose i had better put up mine so here goes (not in order of play but what i can recall playing)

THE DYNAMICS MISERY

PEARLEAN GRAY I DON'T WANT TO CRY

ROBERT KNIGHT BRANDED

JAY D MARTIN BY YOURSELF

THE BELMONTS YOU'RE LIKE A MYSTERY

GERRI TAYLOR EMPTY ARMS AND BITTER TEARS

ROY HAMILTON CRACKING UP OVER YOU

PORGY & THE MONARCHS THATS MY GIRL

AZIE MORTIMER YOU CAN'T TAKE IT AWAY

CANDI STATON NOW YOU'VE GOT THE UPPER HAND

ROSCOE SHELTON RUNNING FOR MY LIFE

MAJOR LANCE INVESTIGATE

DUSTY SPRINGFIELD WHATS IT GONNA BE

THE BELLES DON'T PRETEND

SECRETS I FEEL A THRILL

OTIS REDDING I CAN'T TURN YOU LOOSE

MVP'S TURNING MY HEARTBEAT UP

THE MONITORS CRYING IN THE NIGHT

KELLY LESTER SOME THINGS ARE BETTER LEFT UNSAID

SOLOMON BURKE CRY TO ME

THE MEGATONS SHIMMY SHIMMY WALK PT 1

THE 5 ROYLES CATCH THAT TEARDROP

SAM COOKE SUGAR DUMPLING

JOHNNY TAYLOR BLUES IN THE NIGHT

REFLECTIONS ROMEO & JULIET

JOHNNY CASWELL YOU DONT LOVE ME ANYMORE

HAROLD MELVIN GET OUT ( AND LET ME CRY )

HOAGY LANDS THE NEXT IN LINE

AL KENT THE WAY YOU'VE BEEN ACTING LATELY

INNOCENT BYSTANDERS FRANTIC ESCAPE

POOKIE HUDSON THIS GETS TO ME

MAMIE GALORE NO RIGHT TO CRY

FULLER BROTHERS TIMES A WASTING

BOB RELF BLOWING MY MIND TO PIECES

NOLAN CHANCE JUST LIKE THE WEATHER

JEAN CARTER LIKE ONE

THE YOUNGHEARTS A LITTLE TOGETHERNESS

DARREL BANKS ANGEL BABY

PATTI & THE EMBLEMS I'M GONNA LOVE YOU A LONG LONG TIME

SHEILA ANTHONY LIVIN IN LOVE

THE BLENDELLS HUGGIES BUNNIES

DENISE LASALLES LOVE REPUTATION

DON COVAY ITS BETTER TO HAVE ( & DON'T NEED )

LAURA LEE TO WIN YOUR HEART

N F PORTER KEEP ON KEEPING ON

and sent them all home with a personal message

FRANK WILSON DO I LOVE YOU.....IN DEED I DO

I'm sure there was a few more and next month i will list them as i play them so i can post exactly what was played.

Hope this is useful, and i have to say a big thank you to all those who attended The Driving Beat Soul Club at sixhills, and it has to be the best night i have had sober for a long time. (Driving!!!!)

Edited by GazArcher

id have danced to this one rob! one f my faves from the casino days

all i can say is awesome

got there nr the beggining and got a fantastic treat off gaz with some R&b

thought the atmosphere was cracking

been going for months now, and it was like a best bits all rolled into one for me

fantastic tunes all night

tried playing 'Suspicion' by the funk brothers at home and theres no way you can create the feeling that floor had,

there must have been some singing, clapping, stomping, cheering going on, loved it

Joe tex - i wanna be free , best bit for me 4 months ago when the soul doctor had me awe

we had stoned love again which got the room full of smiles 2 months ago

and loads of other one off moments

we even had the guy from the allnighter selling his tunes

chatting to faces from Plymouth,Manchester, stoke

many many many thanks

Paul

Guest GazArcher

all i can say is awesome

got there nr the beggining and got a fantastic treat off gaz with some R&b

thought the atmosphere was cracking

been going for months now, and it was like a best bits all rolled into one for me

fantastic tunes all night

tried playing 'Suspicion' by the funk brothers at home and theres no way you can create the feeling that floor had,

there must have been some singing, clapping, stomping, cheering going on, loved it

Joe tex - i wanna be free , best bit for me 4 months ago when the soul doctor had me awe

we had stoned love again which got the room full of smiles 2 months ago

and loads of other one off moments

we even had the guy from the allnighter selling his tunes

chatting to faces from Plymouth,Manchester, stoke

many many many thanks

Paul

THE DOCTOR IS HAPPY THAT YOU HAD A GOOD DOSE OF SOULFUL MEDICINE AND LIKE ALL GOOD THINGS IT APPEARS TO HAVE YOU ADDICTED

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS MUCH APPRECIATED AND GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SEARCH FOR A COPY OF THE SHIMMY SHIMMY WALK PT 1.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ASKED ABOUT THE BLENDELLS HUGGIES BUNNIES ITS THE FLIP SIDE OF LA LA LA LA LA

HAVE A GREAT EASTER AND IF I DON'T SEE YOU BEFORE OR AT SKEG..........

SEES YER FOR THE NEXT ONE :D

THE DOCTOR IS HAPPY THAT YOU HAD A GOOD DOSE OF SOULFUL MEDICINE AND LIKE ALL GOOD THINGS IT APPEARS TO HAVE YOU ADDICTED

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS MUCH APPRECIATED AND GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SEARCH FOR A COPY OF THE SHIMMY SHIMMY WALK PT 1.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ASKED ABOUT THE BLENDELLS HUGGIES BUNNIES ITS THE FLIP SIDE OF LA LA LA LA LA

HAVE A GREAT EASTER AND IF I DON'T SEE YOU BEFORE OR AT SKEG..........

SEES YER FOR THE NEXT ONE :ohmy:

Sounds like I missed a cracker at Six Hills, will be back next time, Gaz tells me a number of requests for Dynells, I know Phil from Melton wanted to hear it so will give that a spin. Will also be playing a few 45's for the first time at 6 hills including The Fantastics, Nancy Marano, The Four Darlings and Little Pattie as well as the usual favourites. Sounds like there's a few new faces I need to meet. A big thanks to everyone for your continued support.

SPOT ON AGAIN FELLAS

DID IT FOR ME AND THE NETSTER

SEE YOU ALL AGAIN NEXT MONTH

GLAD TO SEE TREV KEPT HIS CLOTHES ON THIS TIME :):lol:

SEE YOU BOYS AT SKEGGY :)

Guest GazArcher

SPOT ON AGAIN FELLAS

DID IT FOR ME AND THE NETSTER

SEE YOU ALL AGAIN NEXT MONTH

GLAD TO SEE TREV KEPT HIS CLOTHES ON THIS TIME :lol::lol:

SEE YOU BOYS AT SKEGGY :lol:

YOU'LL SEE ME BUT I'LL BE SEEING TWO OF YOU......WHERES ME BEER :lol:

Hi Longy,

We play to the floor so there are a lot of the usual classics but every DJ brings his own variation on the theme, we don't exclude any genre, so it's northern, r&B, mod, xover and modern. I still introduce a few underplayed and occasionally (relatively) unknown 45's. But in the main it's a venue for folks to dance so the requests (which are always honoured if we have the record) are usually popular northern and r&b, there's a strong scooter contingent in the club and as the 3 organisers Gaz, Trev and myself are still into the scooter scene, we also play a lot of blue eyed soul. I don't put that in to defend it as a lot of the early northern classics were white "soul" singers anyway. I've rambled enough, let me know what you think. KTF Bryn

'What' TINA MASON

'He loves me' CHALFONTES

'My oh my' BILLY FLOYD

'I'm in love' LEN BARRY

I enjoyed your spot ,has did a few others who hadnt heard your tunes ,alot of them didnt no them so sat there and listen ,i dance to a few of them ,bur i dont no who was unfriendly ,seemed a cracking atmosphere to me ,nice to see a few new people there

:lol:

I enjoyed your spot ,has did a few others who hadnt heard your tunes ,alot of them didnt no them so sat there and listen ,i dance to a few of them ,bur i dont no who was unfriendly ,seemed a cracking atmosphere to me ,nice to see a few new people there

:D

NICE TO RECEIVE ALL THE COMMENTS FROM YOU SPANNER AND ALL OTHER SOULIES. WE AT DRIVING BEAT SOUL CLUB (BRYN GAZ AN ME) ONLY DO IT TO KEEP THE FAITH AND ENJOY WHAT WE DO TO SEE YOU ALL GO HOME AFTER HAVING A GREAT NIGHT THATS THE BEST REWARD WE COULD ASK FOR AND SPENDING EVERY 3rd SAT WITH A GREAT GANG OF PEOPLE THANKS TO ALL THAT ATTEND SIXHILLS KTF :D:thumbsup: