I.t.s. Spalding With Mick H And Andy Riley

We always strive to book DJs that will bring another dimension to our events as our way of showing respect to the stalwarts of the rare soul scene (in this case the lifeline connection) that are the forefront of the scene . For this our 4th I.T.S. event we had a trip to the cutting edge so to speak and were indeed treated to some top rare soul tunes by our guests Mick H and Andy Riley .

I really want to thank everyone that made the effort to support this event especially to the many that travelled long distances to attend.

I.T.S Spalding take a slightly different musical direction for our next event as we have booked two migrants that have settled down locally in lincolnshire ( legally so Im reliably informed :huh: ) We are so very proud to have them residing with us in Linconshire ,and at long last after months of trying managed to book them , the legendary TATS TAYLOR and CHRIS FORREST and the date for your diaries is 25th April

til next time once more many thanks Steve

Edited by sjay
  • Replies 22
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thanks as always Steve for another night of truly "Top Soul." Andy and missus Debbie have been friends of mine for several years now since I'd met them initially at weekenders and his set, as always, was once again a real treat. I was chatting with Andy at the decks while he was playing Gloria Scott's "What Am I Gonna Do" which I'd got but seldom hear out by comparison to "Too Much Lovemaking". He was cuing up Bobby Jonz "To Win Your Love" on the other deck and I commented that I really liked that one too and he dedicated it to me as it started playing, I've got the single of that but again seldom hear it out. Andy usually plays good crossover sets in the "Vault" at Skegness Weekenders too.

Good to catch up with Mick H and hear his rare tunes too. I particularly liked Chuck Cokerham "Have I Got a Right", understood to be an expensive record. And Steve, plenty of great stuff in your own sets too. Friday 25th/Saturday 26th April set to be a good Lincolnshire double bill with Grantham the night after Spalding. Look forward to seeing you at the earlier "A1 Soul" Grantham night on Saturday 5th.

Cheers

Alan

We always strive to book DJs that will bring another dimension to our events as our way of showing respect to the stalwarts of the rare soul scene (in this case the lifeline connection) that are the forefront of the scene . For this our 4th I.T.S. event we had a trip to the cutting edge so to speak and were indeed treated to some top rare soul tunes by our guests Mick H and Andy Riley .

I really want to thank everyone that made the effort to support this event especially to the many that travelled long distances to attend.

I.T.S Spalding take a slightly different musical direction for our next event as we have booked two migrants that have settled down locally in lincolnshire and ( legally so Im reliably informed :lol: ) We are so very proud to have them residing with us in Linconshire ,and at long last after months of trying managed to book them , the legenday TATS TAYLOR and CHRIS FORREST and the date for your diaries is 25th April

A great night Steve.....top quality tunes throughout, and two pints for less than four quid, what more can you ask for thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to the Tat's & Chris show - they've got special DJ costumes :g:

post-8628-1205697177_thumb.jpg

Thanks as always Steve for another night of truly "Top Soul." Andy and missus Debbie have been friends of mine for several years now since I'd met them initially at weekenders and his set, as always, was once again a real treat. I was chatting with Andy at the decks while he was playing Gloria Scott's "What Am I Gonna Do" which I'd got but seldom hear out by comparison to "Too Much Lovemaking". He was cuing up Bobby Jonz "To Win Your Love" on the other deck and I commented that I really liked that one too and he dedicated it to me as it started playing, I've got the single of that but again seldom hear it out. Andy usually plays good crossover sets in the "Vault" at Skegness Weekenders too.

Good to catch up with Mick H and hear his rare tunes too. I particularly liked Chuck Cokerham "Have I Got a Right", understood to be an expensive record. And Steve, plenty of great stuff in your own sets too. Friday 25th/Saturday 26th April set to be a good Lincolnshire double bill with Grantham the night after Spalding. Look forward to seeing you at the earlier "A1 Soul" Grantham night on Saturday 5th.

Cheers

Alan

A great night Steve.....top quality tunes throughout, and two pints for less than four quid, what more can you ask for thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to the Tat's & Chris show - they've got special DJ costumes :lol:

:g::)laugh.gif:D:D ............ Really good to see you all at Spalding , looking forward to silks next saturday.By the way Im so pleased you can do the guest spot at ITS Spalding 1st anniversary on Sept 5th along with Steve Guarnori that really will be something extra special(DJ costumes optional of course wink.gif )

Steve

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan. Pleased you enjoyed the set. Always a top quality night at Spalding.

Andy

I.T.S Spalding take a slightly different musical direction for our next event as we have booked two migrants that have settled down locally in lincolnshire and ( legally so Im reliably informed laugh.gif ) We are so very proud to have them residing with us in Linconshire ,and at long last after months of trying managed to book them , the legenday TATS TAYLOR and CHRIS FORREST and the date for your diaries is 25th April

Hi Steve

I enjoyed Friday night some really great tunes played out, always good to hear the likes of yourself Andy ( who played one of my fav tunes "The Tams - This Precious Moments) and Mick on the decks, keep it going, look forward to seeing you on the 5th April.

Barry Cooper

Hi Steve

I enjoyed Friday night some really great tunes played out, always good to hear the likes of yourself Andy ( who played one of my fav tunes "The Tams - This Precious Moments) and Mick on the decks, keep it going, look forward to seeing you on the 5th April.

Barry Cooper

Barry as always good to see you we really do appreciate your continued support at our events, thanks for the kind words for our guests and myself,unfortuntely Kev Laws very sadly was unable to make to this one due to his wife Jeannette suffering from a very serious illness and suffering very badly from the effects of the chemotherapy, we wish them all the very very best wishes in the world and look forward to having them both back with us soon.

With that in mind our I.T.S Spalding October 31st event has now been changed to a free admission ITS night.

As this date falls near my 50th birthday(Cliff Steele dont you dare laugh ph34r.gif ) ,which Im actually celebrating it DJing at the Prestatyn legends weekend so that should be nice , I thought it would be nice to also celebrate with our regulars @ ITS Spalding and Ive decided to make this event a night with totally free entry as a way of saying a big thank you to everyone for their support ,but now we will be having a collection and raffle for breast cancer , anyone wishing to contribute to the night musically please contact me (Andy Riley has already stepped up ) .

Sorry Barry Ive got a little sidetracked , Im really looking forward to your A1 @ Grantham crossover event on April 5th its nice to see some more promoters trying to widen the Soul spectrum in the county I will make sure that I bring The Tams along.

Steve

Edited by sjay

some top choons played .... and Mr Rees enjoyed the black stuff & the price of it ! see ya at the next one thumbsup.gif

Thanks David appreciate the pm you sent ,the drinks are the cheapest in the east(except for Poland, probably) Now pleased to say Max Rees and yourself are added to the rosta for October :lol:

Best Steve

Barry as always good to see you we really do appreciate your continued support at our events, thanks for the kind words for our guests and myself,unfortuntely Kev Laws very sadly was unable to make to this one due to his wife Jeannette suffering from a very serious illness and suffering very badly from the effects of the chemotherapy, we wish them all the very very best wishes in the world and look forward to having them both back with us soon.

With that in mind our I.T.S Spalding October 31st event has now been changed.

As this date falls near my 50th birthday(Cliff Steele dont you dare laugh :wicked: ) ,which Im actually celebrating it DJing at the Prestatyn legends weekend so that should be nice , I thought it would be nice to also celebrate with our regulars @ ITS Spalding and Ive decided to make this event a night with totally free entry as a way of saying a big thank you to everyone for their support ,but now we will be having a collection and raffle for breast cancer , anyone wishing to contribute to the night musically please contact me (Andy Riley has already stepped up ) .

Sorry Barry Ive got a little sidetracked , Im really looking forward to your A1 @ Grantham crossover event on April 5th its nice to see some more promoters trying to widen the Soul spectrum in the county I will make sure that I bring The Tams along.

Steve

Hi Steve

I had no idea about Kev's wife's illness sorry to hear this news, anything I can do for you on your night please let me know I will only be to pleased to help in any way.

We also wish her all the best and hope that she is up and about soon.

Yes look forward to the 5th April, no need to bring the Tams, I have the record but it was the 1st time I had heard anyone else play it out.

Barry

Hi Steve

I had no idea about Kev's wife's illness sorry to hear this news, anything I can do for you on your night please let me know I will only be to pleased to help in any way.

We also wish her all the best and hope that she is up and about soon.

Yes look forward to the 5th April, no need to bring the Tams, I have the record but it was the 1st time I had heard anyone else play it out.

Barry

How about doing a spot for us Barry??

Thanks Barry really appreciate it, well thats the guests sorted out now any raffle prizes would be gratefully received .............anybody .

Steve

whats the new date for the october one steve.and i'll see what i can find ya for a raffle prize mate.

rupe

whats the new date for the october one steve.and i'll see what i can find ya for a raffle prize mate.

rupe

Hi Rupe still the same date 31st oct but its just going to be a free night with raffle and collection for the charity,appreciate your help

Steve

Edited by sjay
Guest gibber

Thanks Barry really appreciate it, well thats the guests sorted out now any raffle prizes would be gratefully received .............anybody .

Steve

Another top night Steve sorry I couldn't stop till the end .

Happy to donate some 12inches for the raffle , dj genesis and Harold Melvin amongst others .

See you soon .

andy

Another top night Steve sorry I couldn't stop till the end .

Happy to donate some 12inches for the raffle , dj genesis and Harold Melvin amongst others .

See you soon .

andy

Hi Andy it was great seeing you there mate ,you didnt miss much as it was me that finished the night off with the final spot :D:wicked: .

I really do thank you for the very kind donation for the raffle for the october special,anyone wanting a free ticket for it just let me know via pm or when you see me out and about

steve

Guest whippet

Steve put me down for a raffle prize too and let me know if there is anything I can help with. Janette is in our thoughts and we wish her all the best.

Steve

Hi Steve Can offer 6tkts for our do in Grantham and will sort some other stuff.

Barry

Hi Steve Can offer 6tkts for our do in Grantham and will sort some other stuff.

Barry

After seeing so much sh#t slinging on various forums recently with silly arguments over relatively trivial matters I must say that peoples responses to this subject have restored my faith in the soul scene ,so many kind offers and words thanks so much Barry and everyone else

Steve