Pilsley Soul Sat 15th March

Once again a big thanks to friends old & new who turned out for Pilsley last night. Andy, Stu and Mr Palais (J. Poole) didn't fail to deliver. Nice to see Jim & Di and Mark Fletcher. Good night and a good cross selection of music. Hopefully Di will post up some photos for us.

Thanks to everybody and already looking forward to next months 6th Anni with Glynn Sissons. :huh::ohmy:smile.gif

• Replies 36
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hello pilsley.Di and i really enjoyed ourselves last night.The beer must be strong becasue we cant remember much hypo.gif As usual Di is suffering from too much beer intake.

All in all and nice mix of tunes,something for everyone.even me and di.Not sure why i had to dance to Bernard Williams on my own.I was expecting a full floor as it was i had it all to myself :huh:

I think bazza will thank Chris for playing Lowell Folsum,think it sounded pretty damm good myself and i dont know many djs that would just chuck a record on like that in the middle of a main spot and not know what the reaction will be but i think it went down well

Di did take some pics but she also took a memory card in her camera that was nearly full thmbdn.gif so not her usual flash flash in everyones face :lol:

Must say a big thanks to STEVE & KAREN BROWN. Thanks for the lift and for putting up with us,sometimes thats not easy.

CHEERS PILSLEY SEE YOU AGAIN SOON

:ohmy:

Hello pilsley.Di and i really enjoyed ourselves last night.The beer must be strong becasue we cant remember much :) As usual Di is suffering from too much beer intake.

All in all and nice mix of tunes,something for everyone.even me and di.Not sure why i had to dance to Bernard Williams on my own.I was expecting a full floor as it was i had it all to myself thumbup.gif

I think bazza will thank Chris for playing Lowell Folsum,think it sounded pretty damm good myself and i dont know many djs that would just chuck a record on like that in the middle of a main spot and not know what the reaction will be but i think it went down well

Di did take some pics but she also took a memory card in her camera that was nearly full thmbdn.gif so not her usual flash flash in everyones face hypo.gif

Must say a big thanks to STEVE & KAREN BROWN. Thanks for the lift and for putting up with us,sometimes thats not easy.

:lol:

Really glad you enjoyed it last night Jim and Di; We thought something was happening when we noticed Di had her dancing shoes on wink.gif

The beer they serve up here must be a strong brew if it causes amnesia!!

The Lowell Folsum sounded pretty good to me too and Chris must value your judgement (and Bazza`s) to chuck it on ; Tries to be a bit adventurous now and then :D

Someone mentioned to Chris that they enjoyed Pilsley because of the atmosphere there, that must be what keeps people coming month in month out for nearly 6 years now. I`m sure you will have noticed the difference in the whole vibe from when you visited us before (About 5 years ago I think Di said on a previous thread) ; A change for the better we all think :D There is a place for a mix to keep everyone entertained which I personally think is about right at Pilsley (and the 120 odd paying public last night obviously agreed) and also when an opportunity crops up to play something different (like Lowell Folsum for example) why not give it a spin?

"Variety is the spice of life"!!

I am looking forward to seeing Di`s photos`s, I noticed her nipping about a bit at one point (That must have been before the North Derbyshire brew kicked in!!)

Thanks for coming up and hope to see you at Bestwood

:g:

Sharon

Once again a big thanks to friends old & new who turned out for Pilsley last night. Andy, Stu and Mr Palais (J. Poole) didn't fail to deliver. Nice to see Jim & Di and Mark Fletcher. Good night and a good cross selection of music. Hopefully Di will post up some photos for us.

Thanks to everybody and already looking forward to next months 6th Anni with Glynn Sissons. smile.gif:lol::g:

No problem. Always a pleasure to "spin them plates" behind the decks (for the third time) at Pilsley. Great atmos. Great people. Great night. Maybe we`ll do it again sometime.

No problem. Always a pleasure to "spin them plates" behind the decks (for the third time) at Pilsley. Great atmos. Great people. Great night. Maybe we`ll do it again sometime.

Hi Stu

yeah great atmos, now then what were the last 3 choones you played, if you can remember, lots of folks were asking, so post em up for us will you.

15_8_205.gif

Did anyone find a pair of shoes where we were standing...Di is missing a pair rolleyes.gif .

Hi Jim

Yes Dawn ( the girl behind the bar) found shoes we were asking who's they were, ring Chris he will give you her number.

Glad to hear that you was the one that danced to Bernard Williams thumbup.gif

Barry

Hi Jim

Yes Dawn ( the girl behind the bar) found shoes we were asking who's they were, ring Chris he will give you her number.

Glad to hear that you was the one that danced to Bernard Williams thumbup.gif

Barry

HI BARRY,the metros sounded fab,i dont usually hear it from the dance floor side.It was nice to have a bop to it.Think its going to have to go in the bag for bestwood,its too good to leave at home thumbup.gif

HI BARRY,the metros sounded fab,i dont usually hear it from the dance floor side.It was nice to have a bop to it.Think its going to have to go in the bag for bestwood,its too good to leave at home thumbup.gif

Yes Jim It's about time The Metros had its day, I'll be on the dance floor at Bestwood, but who plays it in May.

Barry

Yes Jim It's about time The Metros had its day, I'll be on the dance floor at Bestwood, but who plays it in May.

Barry

You are on at bestwood aren't you in May,then it shall be you that plays it.I dont always do bestwood,i only do it when asked by Steve,Its been fortunate or unfortunate rolleyes.gif that ive been ask the last two times .

Did you see the pictures of Bazza dressed in WHITE! :lol::g::)

Guest Fatius Bumius

Had a good night, lots of laughing from start to finish, what did we find to laugh at ? First faces to greet us was those of the Attic lads, I did ask where they had got their bananas from (from how wide their grins where it was obvious they had inserted a banana into their mouths to form a rather large wide cheesy grin) Banana or boomerang :lol: Then they said they only issue bananas to monkeys,,,,I rest my case :)

Lost my shoes and my brolly as I know of, and that's without doing an inventory check on my handbag durghhh. Wouldn't have lost my shoes if you had played some crappy music, wouldn't have needed to change into my dancing shoes, ...gotta find some excuse haven't I for being forgetful. :g:

Bazza in white, oooo he's cooooool cool.gif

See most of you again next week for more of the same at Bentinck or Bestwood wave.gif

Had a good night, lots of laughing from start to finish, what did we find to laugh at ? First faces to greet us was those of the Attic lads, I did ask where they had got their bananas from (from how wide their grins where it was obvious they had inserted a banana into their mouths to form a rather large wide cheesy grin) Banana or boomerang :lol: Then they said they only issue bananas to monkeys,,,,I rest my case :D

Lost my shoes and my brolly as I know of, and that's without doing an inventory check on my handbag durghhh. Wouldn't have lost my shoes if you had played some crappy music, wouldn't have needed to change into my dancing shoes, ...gotta find some excuse haven't I for being forgetful. smile.gif

Bazza in white, oooo he's cooooool cool.gif

See most of you again next week for more of the same at Bentinck or Bestwood wave.gif

it was'nt me ,it was a negative ..I was'nt even there, I had a flat tyre :g::)

nice to see you and Jim last night...great night at pilsley,thanks to Chris for playing Lowel Fulsom, it went down pretty well I thought

cya all soon

Bazza

it was'nt me ,it was a negative ..I was'nt even there, I had a flat tyre :wicked::shades:

nice to see you and Jim last night...great night at pilsley,thanks to Chris for playing Lowel Fulsom, it went down pretty well I thought

cya all soon

Bazza

Happy to play it lad, it was just a matter of where to slot it in, Di we'll collect your shoes for you and bring them at the weekend, wheres the picture you took of your dancing shoes.

few I played

Lowel Fulsom Aching Back

Visitors In Danger

Darrell Banks Im the One Who Loves You

Arabians Take A Chance On Me

Ascots Few Feet From The Gutter

Eddie Hill Nothing Sweeter

Capitols Cool Jerk

Bloodstone Just wanna Get The Feel of It

PI.Allstars Clean Up The Ghetto

Valantinos Sweeter Than The Day Before

Younghearts Little Togetherness

Tempos Countdown (re)

Z.Z. Hill Ain't To Proud To Beg

Temptations Way You Do The Things You Do

Temptations All The Love I Got

Saxie Russell Phychedelic Soul

Sam Moultrie I'll Always Love My Baby

Richard Wylie Rosemary What Happened

New York City I'm Doing Fine

Magic Night If You and I Had Never Met

Lee Rogers Sock Some Love Power To Me

Soul Brothers Check Yourself

Not in order and finished with a flourish of oldies to end the night

Chris

HEY STU go check the pictures :wicked:

:shades:

Good work with the photos Jim! (or Di!) (And also good work Sharon.) Looks as if I was really on one-Or was it when I got caught short and had to rush through the crowd to the toilet half way through spinning Don Gardner..made it back before it ended though... laugh.gif

Edited by The Soul Intention

Hi Stu

yeah great atmos, now then what were the last 3 choones you played, if you can remember, lots of folks were asking, so post em up for us will you.

15_8_205.gif

If I can remember..here`s the last five..er-sorry SIX! :wicked:

JAMES CARR-A Losing Game-GOLDWAX

MARION JAMES-That`s My Man-EXCELLO

HAROLD BURRAGE-She Knocks Me Out-VIVID

ROSCOE AND FRIENDS-Broadway Sissy-TEC

ROSCOE AND FRIENDS-Watermelon Man-TEC

JACKIE DeSHANNON-Find Me Love-LIBERTY Green UK DEMO

I`ll try and put these up...

I`ll Soon be compiling the free CD (for the first 30 people through the door) for our 3rd Anniversary on Saturday the 5th April. Special Guest: Al Taylor (Corner Pocket and many others..)

Guest krawen

:wicked:

:wicked:

Not a problem Jim ,

by the way Di left her brolly in the car so i'll give it Pete to give you at Bestwood .

Cheers

Steve B

hi chris and sharon ,,,barry and pam ,,

we had a great night ,,,great people ,,,great tunes ,,,

see u all soon ,,

pete ,,,

:thumbsup:

Not a problem Jim ,

by the way Di left her brolly in the car so i'll give it Pete to give you at Bestwood .

Cheers

Steve B

Apparently and starting with shoes it seems a string of items were left lying around the area between Pilsley and where Di lives. it is not known (at this point) what items Di was left wearing when she arrived home. 4_6_5.gif If anything.

Chris

Guest Fatius Bumius
:yes: anything on ? After i'd lost just about everything I took out, Jim asked if i'd got my knickers on, dunno if it was a general enquiry or he was just being a perv :thumbsup:
Guest Fatius Bumius

Here's the shoes you asked about, pic got deleted off the camera to make way for a people pic. Ronald McDonald would be proud of 'em.

Then there's Karens shoes, now known as Two Jags and No Shoes :yes: I'm known as no shoes and no possessions since losing everything over the weekend.

and a pic of the bottoms of my really well and truly kn**kered 'ens, perfect circle! How I do that ?

We should start a thread "Pics of the most treasured Dancing Shoes" Winner gets a new pair :thumbsup:

post-6141-1205755664_thumb.jpg

post-6141-1205755788_thumb.jpg

post-6141-1205755932_thumb.jpg

Guest krawen

Here's the shoes you asked about, pic got deleted off the camera to make way for a people pic. Ronald McDonald would be proud of 'em.

Then there's Karens shoes, now known as Two Jags and No Shoes :lol: I'm known as no shoes and no possessions since losing everything over the weekend.

and a pic of the bottoms of my really well and truly kn**kered 'ens, perfect circle! How I do that ?

We should start a thread "Pics of the most treasured Dancing Shoes" Winner gets a new pair :D

Karen threw those shoes away yesterday , broke her heart as she don't like parting with owt ( shes only had them 20 years )

Steve B

Guest krawen

If Karen throws her shoes out after 20 years, how long before you're on yer way then :yes::lol::lol:

25th wedding anniversary in May Chris........so it can't be long :lol:

Steve B

Just thought I'd post my playlist up between 8pm-9pm.

Bits n' Pieces Keep on Running away Nasco demo

Freeman Brothers My baby Soul demo

Debonnaires I'm in love again UK Track demo

Trieste I can see him loving you Chains demo

Solomon Burke Cry to me Atlantic

Gladys Knight If you ever get your hands Soul demo

Roger Hatcher Sweetest girl in the world Excello

Jive Fyve If I had a chance to love you Decca demo

Boby Franklin Ladies Choice Paramount demo

Maurice & the Radiants Baby you've got it Chess

Showmen Our love will grow Swan demo

Joe Tex I wanna be free Dial demo

Bobby Sheen I may not be what you want Warner stock

Kenny Gamble Ain't it baby Arctic demo

Temptations Get Ready UK Tamla Motown

Bobby Thurston Just ask me Expansion

Gino Washington Like my Baby Atac demo

Alfie Davidson Love is Serious Mercury demo

Marvin Gaye Take this heart of mine UK Tamla demo

Spinners I just want to fall in love Atlantic

Willie Kendrick Change your ways RCA demo

George Kirby What can i do Cadet demo.

Thoroughly enjoyed it once again and a great atmosphere all night.

I'm looking forward to next month already and hope to see some of you at Calow WMC on the 28th March.

Andy

I'm looking forward to next month already and hope to see some of you at Calow WMC on the 28th March.

Andy

Yes-it was a cracker Saturday night. Hoping Calow will be the same. Great to see this new venue finally get off the ground. We`ll be there. WMC Bar prices..... :yes: `AVE IT... :lol: :lol:

Andy

Cracking list Andy, some quality chhhoooneees there mate, can't wait till 28th at Calow.

Andy

Come on mr Poole lets see that brill play list of yours, some magic choones in there man.

Chris

Come on mr Poole lets see that brill play list of yours, some magic choones in there man.

Chris

I`d put all my playlist up if I could remember it all..... :lol: As memorable as it was..... :ohmy:

BTW Chris What was that choon you asked me to play Saturday night? It was a request or something. You asked if I`d got it in my box? Can`t quite remember..Was it the Enchantments? I had that in my box..I vaguely remember somebody asking me for that...but I didn`t get around to spinning it...

I`d put all my playlist up if I could remember it all..... sad.gif As memorable as it was..... :cheese1:

BTW Chris What was that choon you asked me to play Saturday night? It was a request or something. You asked if I`d got it in my box? Can`t quite remember..Was it the Enchantments? I had that in my box..I vaguely remember somebody asking me for that...but I didn`t get around to spinning it...

Can't remember asking for a tune Stu, besides it's Wednesday night and 4 days after the event, don't expect me to remember that do you. 23_29_121.gif

Chris

Can't remember asking for a tune Stu, besides it's Wednesday night and 4 days after the event, don't expect me to remember that do you. 23_29_121.gif

Chris

Aw Christopher..How could you not remember a night like that? :lol::lol:

Anyway, It might come back to me gradually. I may be able to tell you more at Calow..See you there.