The Pemberton

Guest Mrs Simsy

Guest Mrs Simsy

Well, what can i say? I didn't get lost on the way which is always a bonus! (I did have 2 people navigating though :huh: )

Got there about 10pm, fantastic buzz about the place. Lovely to see so many familar faces & meet some new ones aswell! :ohmy:

Great spots from all the DJs, had me dancing until my carefully straightened hair was nothing but a frizzy mess! :lol:

If you haven't been yet, why not?! Until next time.... thumbup.gif

P.S Big thanks to Perdita for the company there & back, sorry for nattering all the way home! :lol:

• Replies 39
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well, what can i say? I didn't get lost on the way which is always a bonus! (I did have 2 people navigating though :huh: )

Got there about 10pm, fantastic buzz about the place. Lovely to see so many familar faces & meet some new ones aswell! :ohmy:

Great spots from all the DJs, had me dancing until my carefully straightened hair was nothing but a frizzy mess! :lol:

If you haven't been yet, why not?! Until next time.... thumbup.gif

P.S Big thanks to Perdita for the company there & back, sorry for nattering all the way home! :lol:

Glad you had great time Kylee, lovely to see you there! Very enjoyable night as per usual, great to see the placed packed! :lol:

Glad you had great time Kylee, lovely to see you there! Very enjoyable night as per usual, great to see the placed packed! :ohmy:

Glad you had a great time Kylee and Mark, lovely to see you there! Very enjoyable night as per usual,great to see the place packed! thumbup.gif

Err cut n paste is all I can manage today! :huh::lol:

Thanks for the kind words Kylee! It's not my place to comment on the night itself but would like to say a massive thank you to each and everyone that turned out to support us. Despite a monsoon the place was rammed packed, and that is a lot of people in the cavernous Pembo. A lot of credit must also go to the guest DJ's, Phil, Len and Hammie, who all played cracking music and seemed to enjoy themselves thoroughly. It makes it all worthwhile to see so many smiley faces at the end of a very hot and sweaty night! If you could bottle that atmosphere you could make a fortune.

Cheers, Steve.

Really brill night at the Pembo.

The busiest I've seen it.

Good mix of tunes / styles during the night which seemed to please the crowd as the dance floor was rarely empty.

Great to meet the usual suspects again.

Too many to mention but you all know who you are.

Will miss the June event as I'm at Cleggy but will deffo be at the ones after that.

Best to all

Tabs

Thanks for the kind words Kylee! It's not my place to comment on the night itself but would like to say a massive thank you to each and everyone that turned out to support us. Despite a monsoon the place was rammed packed, and that is a lot of people in the cavernous Pembo. A lot of credit must also go to the guest DJ's, Phil, Len and Hammie, who all played cracking music and seemed to enjoy themselves thoroughly. It makes it all worthwhile to see so many smiley faces at the end of a very hot and sweaty night! If you could bottle that atmosphere you could make a fortune.

Cheers, Steve.

Hi Steve, had a bloody good dance all nite!walking like Mrs Overall today. Pembe soulnite did what it said on the tin.Blue Peter badge to all involved.Nice to escapefor a bit. best Kimbo.

LEN WAS THAT YOUR GOAT I SAW TIED UP OUTSIDE.

Thought last night was just about spot on...record attendance figures not exact but approx 230 as far as we can tell, thought the relocation of the stage balanced the room out and also seemed to make the sound system crisper....good mix of locals and travellers and also some Pembo virgins rolleyes.gif ....Loved the music thought all the djs really tried hard and played a great mix......thanks to all that attended and nice to meet up with Soul Source regulars.....for those that havent been yet please give us a try...i have included a list of a few i played during the night to show the diversity of sounds we try and include

JANICE - I NEED YOU LIKE A BABY - ROULETTE

DEENA JOHNSON - THE BREAKING POINT - WILD DUECE

SANDY WILLIAMS - PUSHING A GOOD THING TO FAR - 4 CORNERS

JACKIE SHANE - IN MY TENNAMENT - SUE

LITTLE WILLIE JOHN - IM SHAKIN - KING

DOROTHY WILLIAMS - WATCH DOG - VOLT

MARION SODD - PERMANENT VACATION - MAD

BEVERLEY ANN - HES COMING HOME - RCA VICTOR

EDWARD HAMILTON - IM GONNA LOVE YOU - MARY JANE

TOMMY NEAL - GOING TO A HAPPENING - VOCALION

LINDA JONES ETC. IM SO GLAD I FOUND YOU - TURBO

JNR WALKER - SHOTGUN - TAMLA MOTOWN

MARTHA REEVES- NOWHERE TO RUN - TAMLA MOTOWN

FUNK BROS? - AINT NO MOUNTAIN ETC (instrumental)-UNISSUED

Plus others that i cant remember today...Thanks again to all that came along and made this a great night Jem :lol:

Edited by JEM

Thought last night was just about spot on...record attendance figures not exact but approx 230 as far as we can tell, thought the relocation of the stage balanced the room out and also seemed to make the sound system crisper....good mix of locals and travellers and also some Pembo virgins rolleyes.gif ....Loved the music thought all the djs really tried hard and played a great mix......thanks to all that attended and nice to meet up with Soul Source regulars.....for those that havent been yet please give us a try...i have included a list of a few i played during the night to show the diversity of sounds we try and include

JANICE - I NEED YOU LIKE A BABY - ROULETTE

DEENA JOHNSON - THE BREAKING POINT - WILD DUECE

SANDY WILLIAMS - PUSHING A GOOD THING TO FAR - 4 CORNERS

JACKIE SHANE - IN MY TENNAMENT - SUE

LITTLE WILLIE JOHN - IM SHAKIN - KING

DOROTHY WILLIAMS - WATCH DOG - VOLT

MARION SODD - PERMANENT VACATION - MAD

BEVERLEY ANN - HES COMING HOME - RCA VICTOR

EDWARD HAMILTON - IM GONNA LOVE YOU - MARY JANE

TOMMY NEAL - GOING TO A HAPPENING - VOCALION

LINDA JONES ETC. IM SO GLAD I FOUND YOU - TURBO

JNR WALKER - SHOTGUN - TAMLA MOTOWN

MARTHA REEVES- NOWHERE TO RUN - TAMLA MOTOWN

FUNK BROS? - AINT NO MOUNTAIN ETC (instrumental)

Plus others that i cant remember today...Thanks again to all that came along and made this a great night Jem :lol:

Maths never was your strong point mate! As the official spokesman on the matter we had 282 including our good selves. Please clear further press releases with me prior to pubication. :g: .

All the best, Steve.

Maths never was your strong point mate! As the official spokesman on the matter we had 282 including our good selves. Please clear further press releases with me prior to pubication. :lol: .

All the best, Steve.

Hi Steve,

That made me laugh.

I just phoned Charlie and he wanted to know how many were in.

I said about 270 or 280 then read Jems 230.

I didn't thimk I was that far out. thumbup.gif

C U soon mate.

Best

Tabs

Well done Steve and Jem.

Tabs tells me it was an absolutely cracking night as always and well packed out. Unfortunately, had to miss it as it was my turn to work all day Saturday and Sunday on mainentance. (wished I had not messed around at school and I could have got a Monday to Friday job in IT like Tabs) :wicked:

Nice catching up with you Steve at Bedford. Sorry to have missed all the Northampton friends - no doubt will catch up with you all soon. Well done once, again this is really a cracking venue, well run and friendly and of course most important cracking tunes played all night!

Charlie Mc

Banbury Soul club

Top DJ set from Lenny...taking a chance with something different...particularly the Walter & Admiratations c/u :shades: ..some great tunes from Phil....especially nice to hear the Exsavayons played out :wicked:

Got there too late for Phil's spot so if it was "Hey Girl" ...top tune and gutted to have missed it ! sad.gif

Edited by Maark

I have been asked to post a playlist of my last set. I don't very often do this as being a resident I tend to just keep the floor happy with requests etc. Anyway, here goes.

Cashing In. Voices of East Harlem

The Game Is Over. Brown Sugar

If This Ai'nt Love. Nicole Willis

When I Feel The Need. Marvin Gaye

No One There. Martha Reeves

Lonely, Lonely Girl Am I. Velvelettes

You Aint Saying Nothing New. Virgil Henry

Just Because. Pat & The Blenders

Hey, It's Love. The Commands

I'd Think It Over. Sam Fletcher

What's That On Your Finger. Willie Kendrick

Keep On Talking. James Barnet

Sweetest Girl In The World. Roger Hatcher

That's What I Want. Syng McGowan

Dust My Broom. Ike & Tina Turner

Wade In The Water, Marlena Shaw

Get Out. Harold Melvin

Cause Your Mine. The Vibrations

plus a few i've no doubt forgotten.

Regards, Steve.

Maths never was your strong point mate! As the official spokesman on the matter we had 282 including our good selves. Please clear further press releases with me prior to pubication. :shades: .

All the best, Steve.

and english not one of your best subjects it would seem :wicked: .....or is "pubication" some kind of treatment you are undergoing for hair loss biggrin.gif

Top DJ set from Lenny...taking a chance with something different...particularly the Walter & Admiratations c/u :shades: ..some great tunes from Phil....especially nice to hear the Exsavayons played out :wicked:

Agree , great to see Phil behind the decks again . He also played one of my own fave tunes Towana & Total Destruction- Help me get that feeling ..."the side" yes.gif

Guest AndyL

Agree , great to see Phil behind the decks again . He also played one of my own fave tunes Towana & Total Destruction- Help me get that feeling ..."the side" :wicked:

Yes i agreee Jem and Cliff!!! Great to see Phil playing some cracking tunes. Len top spot mate , Walter and the Admirations BRILL.

Jem thanks for playing Sandy Williams , i had given Len grief for not playing it lol

Nice to meet you too Kylee.!!

Great night all round

Was it Lens goat Kim?

Hiya Kylee,

thanks so much for the lift down to Rushden, your "nattering" was very entertaining, especially all the inside info on the soulsourcers wink.gif . I too enjoyed my first visit to the Pembo, good to see you again Maark, nice to finally meet Delasoul plus everyone else.

No doubt see a few of you again on Saturday at Rothwell.

Perdita

Well, what can i say? I didn't get lost on the way which is always a bonus! (I did have 2 people navigating though :thumbsup: )

Got there about 10pm, fantastic buzz about the place. Lovely to see so many familar faces & meet some new ones aswell! :yes:

Great spots from all the DJs, had me dancing until my carefully straightened hair was nothing but a frizzy mess! :huh:

If you haven't been yet, why not?! Until next time.... :D

Guest Mrs Simsy

Yes i agreee Jem and Cliff!!! Great to see Phil playing some cracking tunes. Len top spot mate , Walter and the Admirations BRILL.

Jem thanks for playing Sandy Williams , i had given Len grief for not playing it lol

Great night all round

Was it Lens goat Kim?

Nice to meet you aswell Andy! biggrin.gif

Hiya Kylee,

thanks so much for the lift down to Rushden, your "nattering" was very entertaining, especially all the inside info on the soulsourcers :lol: . I too enjoyed my first visit to the Pembo, good to see you again Maark, nice to finally meet Delasoul plus everyone else.

Perdita

:yes: I slept until 12.30pm on Sunday! :D Inside info.... :thumbsup::huh:

:huh: I slept until 12.30pm on Sunday! :lol: Inside info.... :Dlaugh.gif

You lucky thing................ I was in bed at 2.30am and got woken up at 7am by my 3 yr old niece, then had to entertain her for the whole of Sunday! :yes:

Not seen your hat, but I think I left my empty bottle in your car - sorry, am not usually a litter lout :thumbsup:

Seeya again soon

Perdita

Hiya Kylee,

thanks so much for the lift down to Rushden, your "nattering" was very entertaining, especially all the inside info on the soulsourcers :yes: . I too enjoyed my first visit to the Pembo, good to see you again Maark, nice to finally meet Delasoul plus everyone else.

Perdita

Glad you had a good time Perdita, see you for a party weekend! :thumbsup:

Guest Mrs Simsy

You lucky thing................ I was in bed at 2.30am and got woken up at 7am by my 3 yr old niece, then had to entertain her for the whole of Sunday! :yes:

Not seen your hat, but I think I left my empty bottle in your car - sorry, am not usually a litter lout :thumbsup:

Seeya again soon

Perdita

:D No worries, am sure the hat will turn up...if not i'll have to get myself another one! :huh:

Hi Steve, had a bloody good dance all nite!walking like Mrs Overall today. Pembe soulnite did what it said on the tin.Blue Peter badge to all involved.Nice to escapefor a bit. best Kimbo.

LEN WAS THAT YOUR GOAT I SAW TIED UP OUTSIDE.

Sat night was a really nice blend of music, each complimenting the other. Great to see everyone dancing to all styles.

Enjoyed a really soulful evening. What a fab venue aye?!!!

Len.

'SILKS' @ Wellingborough Sat March 22nd

Sat night was a really nice blend of music, each complimenting the other. Great to see everyone dancing to all styles.

Enjoyed a really soulful evening. What a fab venue aye?!!!

Len.

'SILKS' @ Wellingborough Sat March 22nd

A measure of how big and packed the place was...I never saw you or Jem to even say hello!!

:D

Top DJ set from Lenny...taking a chance with something different...particularly the Walter & Admiratations c/u :lol: ..some great tunes from Phil....especially nice to hear the Exsavayons played out :D

Yea...big thanks to Len for playing that c/u for me (I think thats about the tenth time I've badgered you for it Len! :lol: )

Re the Exsavayons (is that how its spelt?) am not sure if its that track but Phil did play one of my faves (which I havent heard out for a while) it being "Gold of my Life" (I've lost the track list from the c.d I had it on and have been trying desperately for at least a week to find the artist so if some kind soul can help ?Cliff?) please do!

Thanks a lot!( my spinny head has almost recovered now! :lol: )

Gail

Yea...big thanks to Len for playing that c/u for me (I think thats about the tenth time I've badgered you for it Len! :lol: )

Re the Exsavayons (is that how its spelt?) am not sure if its that track but Phil did play one of my faves (which I havent heard out for a while) it being "Gold of my Life" (I've lost the track list from the c.d I had it on and have been trying desperately for at least a week to find the artist so if some kind soul can help ?Cliff?) please do!

Thanks a lot!( my spinny head has almost recovered now! :lol: )

Gail

Gold of my life....Mixed Emotions. Why didn't you just ask! :yes:

Edited by Maark

Gold of my life....Mixed Emotions. Why didn't you just ask! :yes:

Errrr...excuse me "Smashy" (or is it "Nicey"?) I DID ....at least a week ago when I told you I'd lost that c.d track listing! :lol::lol:

a terrific night , unfortunatly opted to leave quite early this time....working too hard!

this is what i played, from memory,

towana &total destruction

jimmy thompson "jimmys place"

donny hathaway "love love love"

temptations "youre not an ordinary girl"

marvin &tammi "build my whole world around you"

garland green "sending my best wishes"

petals "you cant close the windows of your heart"

notations "think before you stop"

ex savayons "running wild"

showstoppers "heartbreaker"

mixed emotions "gold of my life"

maxine brown "let me give...."

pierre hunt "got to have youre love"

edwin starr "runnin back and forth"

Edited by mecca74

Great night all round

Was it Lens goat Kim?

Yes fellow musketeer ...another L.D. cast off played by Jembo... :yes::lol:

Errrr...excuse me "Smashy" (or is it "Nicey"?) I DID ....at least a week ago when I told you I'd lost that c.d track listing! :yes::lol:

Well mate, you quiote liderally expected me to reguritate verbatum the whole of the track listing! If you had just said..."who sang the poptastic record "Gold of my life" I could have told you! :lol:

Well mate, you quiote liderally expected me to reguritate verbatum the whole of the track listing! If you had just said..."who sang the poptastic record "Gold of my life" I could have told you! :ohmy:

Cheers for that Mr Smash! :)

thats "The Wonder of you" (a Valiant/Pop-tastic record....but by whom this time I ask you :P )

(Jem/Steve....book this bloke for your next do...his musical knowledge knows no bounds!)

Cheers for that Mr Smash! :)

thats "The Wonder of you" (a Valiant/Pop-tastic record....but by whom this time I ask you :P )

(Jem/Steve....book this bloke for your next do...his musical knowledge knows no bounds!)

They'd be better off booking you to give everyone a "back massage".