Intertains On Uptown (white Demo's)

Wondered if some knowledgeable person out there could educate me as to the following please:

The Intertains 'Glad I Found You' on Uptown...

Rarity relationship between an issue and white demo ??

Do white demo's contain a different flip to that of the Issues ??

Price differential between the two copies ??

I await your 'Ever so eager to put him right, 'cos that Fingers is an alwight type of geezer really' responses..

Fingers.. :huh:

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

My white demo has "I Need Your Love" & "Glad I Found You" on it.

I can't give you a definitive answer regarding rarity but my gut feeling is that issues are rarer.

Prices are all over the shop at the mo, I thought a white demo would cost me 100 - 150 quid but got one a couple of weeks ago off eBay for less than 90 dollars. :lol::unsure:

Hope that helps, if only as an opportunity for someone else to contradict me :P

Cheers

Paul

Edited by paultp
Social source share

My white demo has "I Need Your Love" & "Glad I Found You" on it.

I can't give you a definitive answer regarding rarity but my gut feeling is that issues are rarer.

Prices are all over the shop at the mo, I thought a white demo would cost me 100 - 150 quid but got one a couple of weeks ago off eBay for less than 90 dollars. :lol::wicked:

Hope that helps, if only as an opportunity for someone else to contradict me :thumbup:

Cheers

Paul

I have also seen more white demos than issues, I don't think that there is much of a price difference between the two though.

Social source share

Wondered if some knowledgeable person out there could educate me as to the following please:

The Intertains 'Glad I Found You' on Uptown...

Rarity relationship between an issue and white demo ??

Do white demo's contain a different flip to that of the Issues ??

Price differential between the two copies ??

I await your 'Ever so eager to put him right, 'cos that Fingers is an alwight type of geezer really' responses..

Fingers.. :ohmy:

If I'd bothered to get off my chair in the first place, and dig out the label listing, I could've saved everyone the time.

It turns out the initial point of reference I used listed incorrect details !! :lol:

Which made me wonder if this 45 saw two releases - with different flip titles. :lol:

I can now confirm there is only the one release - and agree that the issues appear to be less common than the white demo's. :yes:

Appreciate your input.

Fingers.. :lol:

Social source share

If I'd bothered to get off my chair in the first place, and dig out the label listing, I could've saved everyone the time.

It turns out the initial point of reference I used listed incorrect details !! :ohmy:

Which made me wonder if this 45 saw two releases - with different flip titles. :lol:

I can now confirm there is only the one release - and agree that the issues appear to be less common than the white demo's. :lol:

Appreciate your input.

Fingers.. :yes:

I think there are two different flips listed in the soul harmony singles book (the '4th' record by them is a mistake, though, actually a garage 45 by 'the interns').

Social source share

I think there are two different flips listed in the soul harmony singles book (the '4th' record by them is a mistake, though, actually a garage 45 by 'the interns').

WoW !! Is there any chance, please Boba, of release numbers ?? I referred to the Stax'O'Wax catalogue for my info - but, as they make clear, it is by no means complete.. resulting in my current belief perhaps not being entirely accurate. Appreciate your assistance.

Fingers..

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

WoW !! Is there any chance, please Boba, of release numbers ?? I referred to the Stax'O'Wax catalogue for my info - but, as they make clear, it is by no means complete.. resulting in my current belief perhaps not being entirely accurate. Appreciate your assistance.

Fingers..

Hi Fingers. The book lists both as #729. One of the b-sides is listed as "Need your love (right now)" and the other is listed as "I've gotta find out for myself." I have the "need your love right now" version, I think I've seen the other version but I could be wrong, I would be happy to have someone else confirm I'm right with an example or deny I'm wrong by saying that they've been paying closer attention than me and have never seen it. Thanks.

Social source share

Hi Fingers. The book lists both as #729. One of the b-sides is listed as "Need your love (right now)" and the other is listed as "I've gotta find out for myself." I have the "need your love right now" version, I think I've seen the other version but I could be wrong, I would be happy to have someone else confirm I'm right with an example or deny I'm wrong by saying that they've been paying closer attention than me and have never seen it. Thanks.

Okay.. so both my points of reference are, in fact, correct with the information they each list - just that both are incomplete. The 'I've Gotta Find ...' title being the one that arose my interest in the first place and prompted this posting.

Many thanx Boba.. :lol:

Question now begs: 'Does anyone have the 'IGFOFM' release ?? and if so would it please be possible to post a clip ??

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!