Real Side Records 10th Single

Guest Harold Pelham

Guest Harold Pelham

REAL SIDE RECORDS have finally made it to their 10th single and what a corker it is. Already picking up plays on the modern and crossover scene by the likes of Steve Plum and heavily tipped by Crazy Beat this is a must have future collectable. Two great sides by the little known East Coast American Angel Rissoff, BREAK OUT THE TEARS and SOOTHE YOU. Both sides sound fantastic played loud and will be a pleasant surprise to most. Angel has had huge support in the Carolina's but is pretty much a new name in the UK. In the true spirit of the strange world of Northern Soul Angle is actually a native red Indian, the real deal! Can he sing? Well, no, not really! Is it Soul, yes, yes, yes, you're gonna love it! And, as a special treat for the peace loving Angel the promos are on white vinyl. Never mind Talcom Soul, this is pure TOTEM SOUL - so, stick that in your peace pipe Richard!!!

Release date is set for April 1st so if you want to pre-order one of these promos call Mr Tee on 01562 745446 or visit the ebay shop in a couple of days:

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/45stogo

post-10325-1205688185_thumb.jpg

Edited by Harold Pelham
Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

This is a cracker, I have been playing at Denton Royal British Legion for over a year now, always goes down well, and quite a buzz from the collectors, buy it!!!!

Cheers John

Nocker,see you Friday at Heywood,Ste has decided to let me loose for the first hour,obscure/lesser known 6ts all the way,probably be my last

Salmon

Social source share

Guest Harold Pelham

This is a cracker, I have been playing at Denton Royal British Legion for over a year now, always goes down well, and quite a buzz from the collectors, buy it!!!!

Cheers John

Thanks for the shout John. Here's a mix of both A and B sides. Funnily enough, I think it's the flip side SOOTHE YOU that will get the Northern plays. It's got a similar feel to the Lonne Givens track HOLD ON TO THE BLUES.

Angel_mix.mp3

Social source share

:thumbsup::yes: Hello Francis here from RealSide.

It is great to see the interest ion what I think is one of our best releases.

We have had a deal on this for over a year now, but were not sure if the time was right.When Angel agreed to let us add Soothe You to the deal we knew we had to get the single out a soon as possible.The initial pressing is in demo form on white vinyl and will be followed subject to demand with black vinyl issues.Angel Rissoff is a great all round live performer as well as producer/recording artists.As well as his soul style stuff he can sing doowop and rock and roll related styles (some of which can be seen on You Tube)

We are currently considering an album of his soul related stuff and he has said he is up for a visit if there are any promoters.White, red, blue eyed whatever he looks like he sure can sing soul.

A bit of an update on RealSide activities, as we have been a bit off the map for a few months.We still have stock of most of the releases the exceptions being Silly love Games by Leonie and Hold on to the Blues by Lonnie Givens.

Our web site has disappeared somewhere down the internet wires, but we do now have a myspace at https://www.myspace.com/soulontherealside where you can read a bit more about us.

me I am at francis@realsiderecords.co.uk for e mails

Enjoy Angel!!

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stevessoulsounds

For those who want to hear more of Angel - have a listen to his CD "Where Have You Been" that was released in 2005 and contains "Break Out The Tears" along with a killer ballad "Why Me" - he also covers "It's Better To Have And Don't Need" and the old Pretenders classic "I Wanna Be."

I currently have the CD up on my website with soundclips of all of the tracks

https://www.stevessoulsounds.co.uk/shop/pro...?xPRODUCTid=699

Regards

Steve

Social source share

REAL SIDE RECORDS have finally made it to their 10th single and what a corker it is. Already picking up plays on the modern and crossover scene by the likes of Steve Plumb and heavily tipped by Crazy Beat this is a must have future collectable. Two great sides by the little known East Coast American Angel Rissoff, BREAK OUT THE TEARS and SOOTHE YOU. Both sides sound fantastic played loud and will be a pleasant surprise to most. Angel has had huge support in the Carolina's but is pretty much a new name in the UK. In the true spirit of the strange world of Northern Soul Angle is actually a native red Indian, the real deal! Can he sing? Well, no, not really! Is it Soul, yes, yes, yes, you're gonna love it! And, as a special treat for the peace loving Angel the promos are on white vinyl. Never mind Talcom Soul, this is pure TOTEM SOUL - so, stick that in your peace pipe Richard!!!

It's a few years ago now since Dave Lucas brought the CD into The Orwell and insisted we play 'Break out the tears'............think Flanny put it on a vinyl carvers and hammered it at Northern do's too!

The biggest surprise is the B side 'Soothe you'..........this is NOT on his brill CD and I think will pleasantly surprise many people! A wonderful finger snapping retro dancer from a various artist CD from a couple of years ago!

Mr Tee has sent me a little box of these 45's so they will be available on www.soulmusic.co.uk this weekend too.......................I guess it doesn't matter where you get it from..........just get it!!!!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

I bought the CD as a new release from CDBaby a while back, and was totally blown away by the quality, particularly with the deep ballad "Why Me" which is worth buying the CD for alone. Have included "Break Out The Tears" in sets ever since, and it always has people to the decks to check the details (with a good few shocked to see that it's a new release, and not on vinyl ohmy.gif ).

It's great to see quality tracks like this getting recognition and UK vinyl release....these are the tunes we should be talking about. :lol:

Edited by Wrongcrowd
Social source share

I bought the CD as a new release from CDBaby a while back, and was total blown away by the quality, particularly with the deep ballad "Why Me" which is worth buying the CD for alone. Have included "Break Out The Tears" in sets ever since, and it always has people to the decks to check the details (with a good few shocked to see that it's a new release, and not on vinyl :lol: ).

It's great to see quality tracks like this getting recognition and UK vinyl release....these are the tunes we should be talking about. :P

Totally agree Cliff 'Why me' is bloody fabulous ain't it!!!!

Think you'll be spinning 'Soothe you' too as it's also a luvverly tune thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Crikey... that was quick Steve!

They're on Mr Plumbs website and it's in the cart now!

:yes:

Sean

We don't mess around round here mate..........especially when we're talking quality 45's the like of Angel Risoff. Well done once again to the Real Side gang.

C U for a pint or seven at Yarmouth Poser Man :yes:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest Harold Pelham

REAL SIDE RECORDS have finally made it to their 10th single and what a corker it is. Already picking up plays on the modern and crossover scene by the likes of Steve Plum and heavily tipped by Crazy Beat this is a must have future collectable. Two great sides by the little known East Coast American Angel Rissoff, BREAK OUT THE TEARS and SOOTHE YOU. Both sides sound fantastic played loud and will be a pleasant surprise to most. Angel has had huge support in the Carolina's but is pretty much a new name in the UK. In the true spirit of the strange world of Northern Soul Angle is actually a native red Indian, the real deal! Can he sing? Well, no, not really! Is it Soul, yes, yes, yes, you're gonna love it! And, as a special treat for the peace loving Angel the promos are on white vinyl. Never mind Talcom Soul, this is pure TOTEM SOUL - so, stick that in your peace pipe Richard!!!

Release date is set for April 1st so if you want to pre-order one of these promos call Mr Tee on 01562 745446 or visit the ebay shop in a couple of days:

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/45stogo

post-10325-1205688185_thumb.jpg

This is now in stock, go to, "https://stores.ebay.co.uk/45stogo'>https://stores.ebay.co.uk/45stogo"]https://stores.ebay.co.uk/45stogo'>https://stores.ebay.co.uk/45stogo

Social source share

Big thanks to everybody who is supporting RealSide with this release.It is selling at a rate much faster than we expected, including sending copies to the US. The white vinyl demo label copies are limited, so I suggest you pick a copy up from your supplier of choice.We are looking at other projects with Angel who is delighted to get his music out in the UK.If you want to see what he looks like there is a good You Tube clip of him singing his Beach hit version of the Temptations I want a I can see.You might be surprised what he looks like.

If anybody wants any of the older RealSide titles I will have a some at Yarmouth.

regards

francis t

realside records

Social source share

Big thanks to everybody who is supporting RealSide with this release.It is selling at a rate much faster than we expected, including sending copies to the US. The white vinyl demo label copies are limited, so I suggest you pick a copy up from your supplier of choice.We are looking at other projects with Angel who is delighted to get his music out in the UK.If you want to see what he looks like there is a good You Tube clip of him singing his Beach hit version of the Temptations I want a I can see.You might be surprised what he looks like.

If anybody wants any of the older RealSide titles I will have a some at Yarmouth.

regards

francis t

realside records

Hi Francis

Looks like you're onto a winner here mate :ohmy:

Sales from www.soulmusic.co.uk have been superb. If all your 'suppliers of choice' are doing the same in sales, you might be charting in the near future :lol:

Is Top of the Pops still on :thumbsup:

See you at Yarmouth!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

You're on Steve.

:thumbsup:

Poser Man

Since when ? always a lounge lizard , but a poser man :ohmy: .........

Hope you are well , Sean Patrick .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Since when ? always a lounge lizard , but a poser man :D .........

Hope you are well , Sean Patrick .........

Malc Burton

Private Joke between me and Steve, Malc.

Goes back about 10 years to when me and an infamous Record Mogul :D had a fall out!

Best the guy could do was call me a Poser Man!

:D

Hope you are well too, my 'oldest' friend!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Private Joke between me and Steve, Malc.

Goes back about 10 years to when me and an infamous Record Mogul :D had a fall out!

Best the guy could do was call me a Poser Man!

:D

Hope you are well too, my 'oldest' friend!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Bit Monty Python - esque ; shades of " You miserable artichoke " .......

Can you give a clue , or is it listed under the OSA ? .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!