The Limelights - Don't Leave Me Baby - / Uncle

Mal C

The Limelights - Don't Leave Me Baby - / uncle on Ebay

Cant be hidden now as its on 600 plus Usd....Wow !! so when's the last time you saw this for sale? Urrr I cant actually remember ever seeing it for sale personally.. a proper rarity methinks..

mal.C.

Social source share

Cant be hidden now as its on 600 plus Usd....Wow !! so when's the last time you saw this for sale? Urrr I cant actually remember ever seeing it for sale personally.. a proper rarity methinks..

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC, TOP FLIGHT RARITY.. IF CARLSBERG MADE RECORDS biggrin.gif

BRI.

Social source share

so when's the last time you saw this for sale? Urrr I cant actually remember ever seeing it for sale personally.

mal.C.

I've known it for sale twice, but I think it's the same copy. In the mid 80's Keb had it for sale at the Fleet, still covered up as the Silhouettes, and I seem to remember it was very expensive, a 3 figure sum. Then I it was for sale again about 3 years ago, for I was told a 4 figure sum. Other, than that copy, I only know of another that I think Mick Smith has/ had. The proverbial rocking horse sh*t?

Social source share

I've known it for sale twice, but I think it's the same copy. In the mid 80's Keb had it for sale at the Fleet, still covered up as the Silhouettes, and I seem to remember it was very expensive, a 3 figure sum. Then I it was for sale again about 3 years ago, for I was told a 4 figure sum. Other, than that copy, I only know of another that I think Mick Smith has/ had. The proverbial rocking horse sh*t?

Bamber Bridge / Preston is awash with em; well, mine's still ere anyway. Please, don't anyone tell Mr Cunliffe as he'll prise it from my sweaty grasp for sure :shades:

Good luck gentlemen :wicked:

Phil

Social source share

yeah like I'm really gonna give that one away????????

gasher

you will do when I see your proxy bid float into the distance........laughs

I'm joking, good luck old boy!!

Wish he had done a better scan of both sides though, need em for my i tunes...

On the subject of proper rarities, what else is out there, or not as the case may be....

M :D

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

you will do when I see your proxy bid float into the distance........laughs

I'm joking, good luck old boy!!

Wish he had done a better scan of both sides though, need em for my i tunes...

On the subject of proper rarities, what else is out there, or not as the case may be....

M :yes:

Funny thing is Mal, the b*ggers I'm after seem to be :lol: Still chasing both Little John and Trent Sisters ... ... how many bl**dy years? I'd absolutely re-mortgage myself for either of them or a Little Stanley. Can't be too many copies of Two Plus Two on Velgo about either are there?

Phil

Social source share

pete hullat has a copy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

From what I'm led to believe, Keb had the only copy which first belonged to Dave Withers. Both Messrs Darge and Withers played it covered up as The Silhouettes (Keb was still playing it covered up as late as 1986). In 1991, Ady Pierce auctioned what was believed to be the second known copy - I don't know what it went for, but I do remember seeing it in a list of his at the time.

Social source share

Guest marco

I know Butch has one (he would wouldn't he!) and he sold a spare (flash git) to Tim Brown about 3 years ago or so. Pete Hullat. Phil T. Who else?

Social source share

Yes it was one of our plays but it was that blonde cherub with the tousled locks,Dave Raistrick who came up with it along with the Young Brothers and he kindly let us have both.To be honest I don't remember us covering it as Silhouettes but we made so little impact after dj-ing for 6 months or so that I wouldn't be surprised if Keb decided to cover it as no one probably noticed first time around.

I will ask Dave though as he may recall.

ROD

Social source share

Guest uroffal

I can still remember Keb having an acetate of it as Otis Pollard ( it may have been Otis Pollard and the Silhouettes) any way it was a Dave Withers/Rod Shard sound/discovery so I'll wait for confirmation from Rod thanks :lol:

Certainly remember Keb playing this at Stafford as Otis Pollard around '83/'84

Social source share

US $6,889.10

Would the 2nd highest bidder like to get into contact with me?

hey dont Laugh but I had a $4,150 snipe but it was wiped out when the $4213 bid went in...realistically i was dreaming to think i could get it for that..

Dave pinch phoned me this morning to offer condolences :unsure: never mind

Geeoooooooordie

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

i just checked my ebay and saw the finishing price. there is a very happy credit card provider out there somewhere!! :unsure:

Social source share

Guest Tom Walsh

Pete sold his a couple of years back think bout 1200UK, was gutted when he told me, always annoying me he is :(

Hi Dan yes I sold the Limelights for£1500 a couple years ago!

Pete :unsure:

Edited by Tom Walsh
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Hi Dan yes I sold the Limelights for£1500 a couple years ago!

Pete :lol:

was that your gold bootleg pete :lol:

Social source share

• 4 years later...

Hi,just in passing,did'nt Ian Levine have this in 1974?Was it not IL that discovered it? :g:

Surely this is another "impossible" rarity?

Any information,anyone?Price? :ohmy:

Social source share

I've tried to sell this (M-) for $3000 with no takers. I can understand better now, for 1200 pounds I'll keep it, although living in the US and not being part of Northern Soul culture I am at a disadvantage in selling records like this. I would glady trade it for a Magnetics "Count the days"!

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Didn't one go through ebay at a really low price wrongly listed a few years ago? Sure it was posted on here, something like $100 :'-(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!