Shrine

• Replies 38
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I asked was it worth the $800 nothing else. I,m just a person who likes soul music not a walking encylopiedia who knows everything. But i knew someone on here would.

Steve

It's worth much more than that.....I don't think it's well known, and one or two copies have gone through ebay very cheap.....

Social source share

I asked was it worth the $800 nothing else. I,m just a person who likes soul music not a walking encylopiedia who knows everything. But i knew someone on here would.

Steve

You did, Steve - I saw the posting myself... plain and simple, straight to the point: Is this pile of c**p worthy of an $800 price tag !! Sorry !! Sorry !! :shades::wicked: That is to say: Is this (delete delete delete delete) worth $800 ??

Yep.. that's defo what I saw - perhaps Tony & Bearsy are just bored !?! Looking for sumfink to get their 'Britannic' brains into.. sumfink that will test them for more than 3 seconds ?? :wub:

Bet them two together could build one f**k off Mole Hill laugh.gif

I like the way you rose to defend your corner Steve - methinks, though, that was just as the boy's intended.. forcing you into indulging their ploy !! They knew they could get you to bite and so, be able to successfully extend their contribution - to more than the demand you thought a simple question would require for a swift & satisfactory resolve to your 'Short & Sweet' enquiry.

Hang about.. Got It Steve !! It's that 'unwritten' rule of friendly forum posting engagement innit ?? (FFPE for short) Y'know.. where, unless you deliberately encourage the posting to last more than two minutes - these two eagle eyed bu**ers pounce from behind their well concealed 'Site Endorsed' place of preparotory concealment (PPC for short - just in case you wondered) to tackle 'Head-On', and with unrivaled eagerness, the dutiful challenge laid before them.

Can understand completely how the outcome favoured them, though, Steve - I mean.. they're seasoned proffessionals - what chance do us mere lesser mortals stand against such a calculated and ruthless deployment of their talents in that particular department ?? None.. I can tell you !!

(Wassa time then ?? Surely, I've gone more than the required two minutes by now'ent I ?? I must 'av !!.. - OH BO****KS !! Me blooming clock has stopped AGAIN.. !!)

Social source share

You did, Steve - I saw the posting myself... plain and simple, straight to the point: Is this pile of c**p worthy of an $800 price tag !! Sorry !! Sorry !! :shades::wicked: That is to say: Is this (delete delete delete delete) worth $800 ??

Yep.. that's defo what I saw - perhaps Tony & Bearsy are just bored !?! Looking for sumfink to get their 'Britannic' brains into.. sumfink that will test them for more than 3 seconds ?? :wub:

Bet them two together could build one f**k off Mole Hill laugh.gif

I like the way you rose to defend your corner Steve - methinks, though, that was just as the boy's intended.. forcing you into indulging their ploy !! They knew they could get you to bite and so, be able to successfully extend their contribution - to more than the demand you thought a simple question would require for a swift & satisfactory resolve to your 'Short & Sweet' enquiry.

Hang about.. Got It Steve !! It's that 'unwritten' rule of friendly forum posting engagement innit ?? (FFPE for short) Y'know.. where, unless you deliberately encourage the posting to last more than two minutes - these two eagle eyed bu**ers pounce from behind their well concealed 'Site Endorsed' place of preparotory concealment (PPC for short - just in case you wondered) to tackle 'Head-On', and with unrivaled eagerness, the dutiful challenge laid before them.

Can understand completely how the outcome favoured them, though, Steve - I mean.. they're seasoned proffessionals - what chance do us mere lesser mortals stand against such a calculated and ruthless deployment of their talents in that particular department ?? None.. I can tell you !!

(Wassa time then ?? Surely, I've gone more than the required two minutes by now'ent I ?? I must 'av !!.. - OH BO****KS !! Me blooming clock has stopped AGAIN.. !!)

Thanks Mate. I knew i could depend on you or one of the other refugees from the real world to fight my corner as i had been got and therefore couldnt rise to anymore bait wanker.gif ,s

From the real world

Steve

Social source share

feb2008soul8038.JPG

Is this worth $800 ?

Steve,

I've edited this post now I realise that it's a current auction no.gif:shades: , anyway put another $400 on it. I've seen it go for $1500.

Two days to go, I suggest you watch this space. My guess is it'll go for well over $1000 :wicked:

I'd rather listen to Martha Reeves personally.

Edited by shabazzist
Social source share

It's worth much more than that.....I don't think it's well known, and one or two copies have gone through ebay very cheap.....

Not well known... behave Phil :thumbsup:

I love it btw... although I am probably in the minority.

Like marmite... either you love it or hate it :yes:

Edited by jumpinjoan
Social source share

Bought this for £12 many years ago, was it covered as YVONNE VERNEE if i remember correctly :D

W :thumbsup: W!! Not a bad investment. I take it the numbers read 114 and not 105? :yes:

Still not my bag though I'd be interested to see what it fanally goes for

Social source share

Not well known... behave Phil :thumbsup:

Like marmite... either you love it or hate it :yes:

I love it too Joan

Haven't heard it out for yonks.. but that's maybe because I spend way too much time at home these days

Social source share

:yes::D:huh::lol: Brilliant, Lenny's Anal Record Cleaner, Do you insert the battery first???? LMAO

Never met Lenny Harkins (ex Caley Soul) and I'm sure he's a stand up guy, however for the want of not sounding like a gossipmonger, what's the connection with poop? :thumbsup:

Social source share

:wink: His advtar is a picture of himself with a Shrine record in the crack of his arse:wink:.

:ph34r:I like Shrine but it's not a pretty site, unless he has taken heed of the rumours that acid on your hands from the sweat can damage the plastic and he is taking extra precautions:ph34r:??

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

His advtar is a picture of he with a Shrine record in the crack of his arse.

I like Shrine but its not a prtty site, unless he has taken heed of the rumors that acid on your hands from the sweat can damage the plastic and he is taking extra percautions??

Ahhh, thank you, well that clears that up then :thumbsup: . For some reason I'm not eating my sandwiches don't look as appealing as they did 5 minutes ago.

Social source share

Not well known... behave Phil :D

Like marmite... either you love it or hate it :huh:

Yep gotta agree Joan, it's almost an oldie :yes:

Great record too. If I remember rightly last one I saw sold or up for sale was £1200 :thumbsup: or thereabouts.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

And there was me wondering if the OP was enquiring as to which mix the one in the scan may be, considering it was indeed pressed twice on Shrine featuring, yes, two different mixes.

:lol:

Hey Flinny, that's some serious Anorakshion you're displaying there. Reeespec! :D

Edited by shabazzist
Social source share

Not well known... behave Phil :P

Like marmite... either you love it or hate it :)

HATE MARMITE

BUT THIS .....................FANTASTIC TUNE

WAZZ.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

You did, Steve - I saw the posting myself... plain and simple, straight to the point: Is this pile of c**p worthy of an $800 price tag !! Sorry !! Sorry !! :):P That is to say: Is this (delete delete delete delete) worth $800 ??

Yep.. that's defo what I saw - perhaps Tony & Bearsy are just bored !?! Looking for sumfink to get their 'Britannic' brains into.. sumfink that will test them for more than 3 seconds ?? :g:

Bet them two together could build one f**k off Mole Hill :ohmy:

Hang on a minute :P

look at the first post and notice the edit :yes:

someone forgot to put the $800 dollars bit on the bottom at first and i was just a bit premature as usual at posting :D

bloody mole hills :yes:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

bloody mole hills

You could help me out I have to fill 2 skips in the morning.thumbsup.gif

Your a frecking god send mate.smile.gif

shhh.gifI have to clear out an old Shrine records warehouse for refurbishmenttongue.gif

what time you want me round in the morning Tony :D:wicked:

Social source share

Yep gotta agree Joan, it's almost an oldie :yes:

Great record too. If I remember rightly last one I saw sold or up for sale was £1200 :lol: or thereabouts.

Honestly Chalky, there's been a few on ebay that have had very little interest. I paid a fortune for mine like. :ohmy: that's why I noticed.....

Social source share

Steve,

I've edited this post now I realise that it's a current auction :):) , anyway put another $400 on it. I've seen it go for $1500.

Two days to go, I suggest you watch this space. My guess is it'll go for well over $1000 :lol:

$1,025.00 with 7 hours to go. Anybody Care to guess the finishing price? There's a prize for the winner. wink.gif

Social source share

• 5 weeks later...

And there was me wondering if the OP was enquiring as to which mix the one in the scan may be, considering it was indeed pressed twice on Shrine featuring, yes, two different mixes.

ph34r.gif

brilliant i always thought this, cos my copy sounds a lot different to one i had a compilation cd, i always thought it had just been cleaned up for the cd, the one ive got seems maybe a little faster and the backing is alot fuller (noisier), absolutely nothing to do with it being in my crack.

have the two different pressings have different labels?

ive lost that avatar now , ill do another one tonight.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!