Marvin Holmes, Clarification Please

Dean

Marvin Holmes and Justice, You Better Keep Her, (Brown Door). Are Vinyl with moulded label authentic issues. There's a stamp in run out that looks like TLC inside a square box surrounding letters.

Thanks in anticipation, Dean

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Marvin Holmes and Justice, You Better Keep Her, (Brown Door). Are Vinyl with moulded label authentic issues. There's a stamp in run out that looks like TLC inside a square box surrounding letters.

Thanks in anticipation, Dean

Vinyl and styrene both authentic, but if ya can, get the vinyl one coz the sound so much better. it a bit muffley on the plastic one, sounds so much better on vinyl :wicked:

steve

Social source share

Thanks Steve, appreciate the reply. Not quite sure of some of the stuff purchased as a "youth", seems like everything was £1 - no doubt with change for fish-and-chips. Sometimes like to put htis into a spot and wanted to make sure. Dean.

Social source share

Vinyl and styrene both authentic, but if ya can, get the vinyl one coz the sound so much better. it a bit muffley on the plastic one, sounds so much better on vinyl :D

steve

Agree, the styrene copy sounds like a Lo-Fi recording i was disappointed with it. Have since got the vinyl copy and this plays louder and better fidelity. I don't think this is because one is styrene and the other vinyl, its something to do with the way they have been made.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Agree, the styrene copy sounds like a Lo-Fi recording i was dissapointed with it. Have since got the vinyl copy and this plays louder and better fidelity. I don't think this is because one is styrene and the other vinyl, its something to do with the way they have been made.

I have the styrene copy, any chance of hearing the vinyl?

Many thanks in advance. :yes:

Social source share

I have the styrene copy, any chance of hearing the vinyl?

Many thanks in advance. :yes:

I can't do sound clips, maybe Steve (Soul Integrity) can do it, I know he's good at that sort of thing!

Social source share

Guest Soul Sid

Thanks for that. Now I know why I dont play my copy very often! :wicked:

Hi, Didnt know it was on styrene and vinyl listening to this mines definately on

vinyl top seventies.I believe Richie Andrews from Landudno first took this to the Mecca

Livene went ga! ga! when he heard it and put it on the decks straight away. Cheers. Sid :D

Social source share

On another note, same artist; I've always liked the mix of sweet strings and funky riff of his track- Early Bird out on Salwa Records...also has Van Mcoy on the writing credits.

Not one that would be known too much I guess, but hey you gotta spread your wings!!!

Mal.C.

Social source share

Better still get the album (quite hard on Brown Door) - got a reissue on Concord.

The track is completely different on the LP - lot crisper & longer in duration - in fact it sounds like a completely different take.

I'll second that Epic. The (K)oncord re-issue LP version sounds like a re-take, but I've never heard the take from the original Brown Door LP either....so?? Still in my top ten Highland Room memories however. Cheers.

Social source share

Hi, Didnt know it was on styrene and vinyl listening to this mines definately on

vinyl top seventies.I believe Richie Andrews from Landudno first took this to the Mecca

Livene went ga! ga! when he heard it and put it on the decks straight away. Cheers. Sid :thumbup:

I had first copies of this in UK, they came from Bob Catanneo, first got played in UK at Burtnwood Baths All-Dayer, Colin Curtis was DJ''ing and bought copy of me, so Colin had it before Ian at Mecca.I sold 100's of these.

Neil

Social source share

I had first copies of this in UK, they came from Bob Catanneo, first got played in UK at Burtnwood Baths All-Dayer, Colin Curtis was DJ''ing and bought copy of me, so Colin had it before Ian at Mecca.I sold 100's of these.

Neil

Hi Neil,

top record, never get tired of it. I have just mentioned Bob Cattaneo in your Graham Warr thread. From Daly City right, a trucker, he turned up the James Fountain also., i had a few, form William Bell.

Hope your well mate, a long time since the miners strike you covered in Rotherham!

All best

ALAN

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!