107th Street Stickball Team On Dorado

• Replies 7
  • Views 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brett F

I think the single is very difficult to come by, i got mine off a German Latin/funk collector who lived in New York for 10 years, he said it was the only copy he had ever seen, i know of 2 other copies and also found the LP and a good mate of mine bought that album.

Ps.i first heard it in Paul Havakins car, and of course Paul played this down at the "Greatstone" Soul nights in Manchester.

Valuation................name your price, just for the record i offered the guy £100, thankfully he accepted, but i would have gone a bundle more believe me.

Brett

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

I think the single is very difficult to come by, i got mine off a German Latin/funk collector who lived in New York for 10 years, he said it was the only copy he had ever seen, i know of 2 other copies and also found the LP and a good mate of mine bought that album.

Ps.i first heard it in Paul Havakins car, and of course Paul played this down at the "Greatstone" Soul nights in Manchester.

Valuation................name your price, just for the record i offered the guy £100, thankfully he accepted, but i would have gone a bundle more believe me.

Brett

Any chance of a soundclip?

Social source share

Brett

Cheers for that scan Brett.. :P First time I've seen it !! I was actually looking for the 45 when I came across the LP & yes, you're right - Paul, in fact, played it at last Sat's Greatstone.

Fingers .. :)

Social source share

Thanks for that.

The record was written / produced by Bobby Marin who also produced 'Spanish Maiden'.

I'm seeing him next week so will ask him some more about this record.

Look forward, Dean, to hearing about anything more you may learn from Bobby. :lol:

Bags first shout if you get any 45's off him !! :yes:

Fingers.. :ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!