Mal C

• Replies 11
  • Views 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

How about this one then? Firist clue; their 1968 rarity, first played at Stafford, was written by a soul artist in his own right, and the lead vocalist shared the same first name as the composer.

post-953-1205842728_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

How about this one then? Firist clue; their 1968 rarity, first played at Stafford, was written by a soul artist in his own right, and the lead vocalist shared the same first name as the composer.

Barbara and the Lyrics? actually I don't think that was a group was it??? Lead vocalist, he or she??

M

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Er....nope! It's a group name. The female vocals are only apparent in the chorus, and then you have to listen quite hard for them.

OK, clue no. 2: The lead vocalist was, and still is, a country singer. The record was a Keb Darge cover-up from around 1983/84.

And clue No. 3: The first verse contains the lyric "Tears falling from my eyes".

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Er....nope! It's a group name. The female vocals are only apparent in the chorus, and then you have to listen quite hard for them.

OK, clue no. 2: The lead vocalist was, and still is, a country singer. The record was a Keb Darge cover-up from around 1983/84.

And clue No. 3: The first verse contains the lyric "Tears falling from my eyes".

Millionaires? (no, not how solvent they are! The group name!)

Don't think I'm right, just going by the lyrics...('and the rains came') :D

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

Deffo played well before Keb had a copy. Searling played it around 82 for certain, and maybe before and Dave Withers also had it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!