Mal C

• Replies 24
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I once saw Keith Moon down the Wheel.....the Who had done a gig at the Imperial Ballroom in Nelson earlier that night....he came up to me and asked if I had any dubes, he was asking everybody,he was well blocked I remember.....I looked at him and said 'I think you've had enough, have you seen yourself?'....Yeah right :P ....as me and a few hundred others were at the same place Moonie was at, at that moment,it was something like, 'Err No, err, Keith I haven't but, I'll ask around for you' and went off on a mission, to try and score for Keith Moon, pointing him in the direction of one Harry B from Bradford as I went off on my merry way.......Blew me away actually, Keith Moon asking me for pills, lived on that one for a few weeks afterwards.... a nice little moment .

Edited by DelTee
Social source share

I once saw Keith Moon down the Wheel.....the Who had done a gig at the Imperial Ballroom in Nelson earlier that night....he came up to me and asked if I had any dubes, he was asking everybody,he was well blocked I remember.....I looked at him and said 'I think you've had enough, have you seen yourself?'....Yeah right :yes: ....as me and a few hundred others were at the same place Moonie was at, at that moment,it was something like, 'Err No, err, Keith I haven't but, I'll ask around for you' and went off on a mission, to try and score for Keith Moon, pointing him in the direction of one Harry B from Bradford as I went off on my merry way.......Blew me away actually, Keith Moon asking me for pills, lived on that one for a few weeks afterwards.... a nice little moment .

Quality story mate :):ohmy: Not heard the phrase 'blocked' for bloody yonks. Mind ya never been 'blocked' for yonks :P

Social source share

Quality story mate :thumbup::wicked: Not heard the phrase 'blocked' for bloody yonks. Mind ya never been 'blocked' for yonks :lol:

Me neither. What did "blocked" actually mean? When I was starting on the scene the "old timers" used the term for fun and I often wondered what they were on about. I never asked cos I didnt want to look stupid

Never heard "yonks" for yonks neither. :shades:

Edited by Koolkat
Social source share

Me neither. What did "blocked" actually mean? When I was starting on the scene the "old timers" used the term for fun and I often wondered what they were on about. I never asked cos I didnt want to look stupid

Never heard "yonks" for yonks neither. :lol:

I was told when asked that question, because your system was blocked, toilet wise :thumbup::wicked::shades:

Social source share

Never heard "yonks" for yonks neither. :lol:

Extract from the Northern Soul thesaurus---author/publisher unknown :D

Blocked (in a state of being blocked up)------------------chemically induced euphoria brought about by ingestion of pure amphetamine usually in tablet and capsule form and derivatives of such compunds like benzedrine and dexedrine. These were often inscribed by the words SKF or reiker. These could be sourced from local chemists who didn't bother with security measures such as alarms etc :thumbsup: Failing that 'dodgy' blokes on street corners or car parks would exchange 10/15 of them for £1 sterling :shhh:

Yonks------------------------ a phrase associated with an undefined period of time (often referred to as ages)

Old 'farts' tend to use the phrase predominately :lol: usually because they can't remember events in time very clearly and this covers any discrepancies that may occur :lol:

Now then that would be a good idea to have a book with a 'glossary of terms' of the scene. Just looking up the word disco............ wink.gif

Social source share

I once saw Keith Moon down the Wheel.....the Who had done a gig at the Imperial Ballroom in Nelson earlier that night....he came up to me and asked if I had any dubes, he was asking everybody,he was well blocked I remember.....I looked at him and said 'I think you've had enough, have you seen yourself?'....Yeah right :lol: ....as me and a few hundred others were at the same place Moonie was at, at that moment,it was something like, 'Err No, err, Keith I haven't but, I'll ask around for you' and went off on a mission, to try and score for Keith Moon, pointing him in the direction of one Harry B from Bradford as I went off on my merry way.......Blew me away actually, Keith Moon asking me for pills, lived on that one for a few weeks afterwards.... a nice little moment .

Wow what a story. Well impressed! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

More Piccies for you, these are great keith in his element..

Who's a very naughty boy!!! :thumbsup:

Mal.C.

It looks like he's with the bloke out of the Doors....Ray Manzarek - but I could be wrong.....Mr Rounce, where are you

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

[and again...LA music or TV awards circa 71...

Mal.C.

Malc, has the image on the left been reversed?? The 'squeeze box' banner is back to front....and Moonie's managing to keep his hands firmly on his..... :thumbsup: This might help you to date the images....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squeeze_Box_(The_Who_song)

"Squeeze Box" was released in 1975 and the 'Farrah Fawcett" hair do's were popular at the time. Hope that helps.

Jo

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Malc, has the image on the left been reversed?? The 'squeeze box' banner is back to front....and Moonie's managing to keep his hands firmly on his..... :thumbsup: This might help you to date the images....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squeeze_Box_(The_Who_song)

"Squeeze Box" was released in 1975 and the 'Farrah Fawcett" hair do's were popular at the time. Hope that helps.

Jo

Hi Jo, Thats what the Photographer told me, 71, but then allot of these old boys cant remember diddly when it comes to their photo's..! yes thats ray from the doors..

Thanks for the info though, shame I just left that agency, start at the Daily Mirror next week... mal

Social source share

It looks like he's with the bloke out of the Doors....Ray Manzarek - but I could be wrong.....Mr Rounce, where are you

Give the man a cigar : it is the stated gentleman , Raymond Daniel Manzerek .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Give the man a cigar : it is the stated gentleman , Raymond Daniel Manzerek .......

Malc Burton

I'd prefer a Babycham..... :thumbsup: Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Hi Jo, Thats what the Photographer told me, 71, but then allot of these old boys cant remember diddly when it comes to their photo's..! yes thats ray from the doors..

Thanks for the info though, shame I just left that agency, start at the Daily Mirror next week... mal

Ah bless 'em - the photographers took so many snaps that unless they catalogued every single one, they'd never remember....good luck at the Mirror :thumbsup:

Social source share

I'd prefer a Babycham..... biggrin.gif Jo

My sincere apologies , Jo ...........

Do they still make said " in drink " of the 50s and 60s ? ........

I could not get on with it , as they would not sell it in pints :thumbsup: ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

My sincere apologies , Jo ...........

Do they still make said " in drink " of the 50s and 60s ? ........

I could not get on with it , as they would not sell it in pints :thumbsup: ........

Malc Burton

They do still make it.....I'm practising my posh 'I'd love a Babycham' voice for Crossfire.....I spotted Blue Nun, Black Tower, Mateus Rose and Old Oak Ham whilest strolling round Asda the other day - although there wasn't any Mackeson's wink.gif Jo

Social source share

They do still make it.....I'm practising my posh 'I'd love a Babycham' voice for Crossfire.....I spotted Blue Nun, Black Tower, Mateus Rose and Old Oak Ham whilest strolling round Asda the other day - although there wasn't any Mackeson's :thumbsup: Jo

Wonderful stuff .......

My parents used to have a pub , and my dad intoduced me to the delights of a " Mackeson Shandy " in my early teens , and I can still taste the half Mackeson , half lemonade union .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Extract from the Northern Soul thesaurus---author/publisher unknown biggrin.gif

Blocked (in a state of being blocked up)------------------chemically induced euphoria brought about by ingestion of pure amphetamine usually in tablet and capsule form and derivatives of such compunds like benzedrine and dexedrine. These were often inscribed by the words SKF or reiker. These could be sourced from local chemists who didn't bother with security measures such as alarms etc whistling.gif Failing that 'dodgy' blokes on street corners or car parks would exchange 10/15 of them for £1 sterling :lol:

Yonks------------------------ a phrase associated with an undefined period of time (often referred to as ages)

Old 'farts' tend to use the phrase predominately :lol: usually because they can't remember events in time very clearly and this covers any discrepancies that may occur thumbsup.gif

Now then that would be a good idea to have a book with a 'glossary of terms' of the scene. Just looking up the word disco............ :lol:

Dubes the proper word for gear. as in look at him he's a blocker he's all dubed up....

Social source share

Dubes the proper word for gear. as in look at him he's a blocker he's all dubed up....

Surely you mean " doobie " ? ..........

doo·bie : n. Slang - A marijuana cigarette .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Surely you mean " doobie " ? ..........

doo·bie : n. Slang - A marijuana cigarette .

Malc Burton

Doobie a joint,no chance :lol: i`m orf to the pub ask for a doobie :D:D

Social source share

I once saw Keith Moon down the Wheel.....the Who had done a gig at the Imperial Ballroom in Nelson earlier that night....he came up to me and asked if I had any dubes, he was asking everybody,he was well blocked I remember.....I looked at him and said 'I think you've had enough, have you seen yourself?'....Yeah right :D ....as me and a few hundred others were at the same place Moonie was at, at that moment,it was something like, 'Err No, err, Keith I haven't but, I'll ask around for you' and went off on a mission, to try and score for Keith Moon, pointing him in the direction of one Harry B from Bradford as I went off on my merry way.......Blew me away actually, Keith Moon asking me for pills, lived on that one for a few weeks afterwards.... a nice little moment .

'blocked' and 'dubes' in the same posting...happy days :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!