Willington March 15

Guest denmac

Guest denmac

i dont often comment on willington nights but iv`e got to say what a bloody great night that was.andy riley is awarded the freedom of the city after that brilliant set (one mate said he was up till 6am ont`net looking for some of the tunes andy played) rob kay carried on from the 3 greyhounds and prestatyn sets with 2 crackin` sets. austin keeps on moving with his grooves wether going forward or back in years.his tony bruno beat ballad had one guy leap out of his seat and hug all around "not heard this brilliant tune for years". you know those moments that you get when everything falls into place about why we do what we do on this crazy scene, yeah that summed it all up for me.

• Replies 4
  • Views 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Den, Sounds like a typical brilliant Willington night.

I was in York having a good time myself.

Well done for commenting on Willington, the venue does`nt get enough publicity on here as its not one of the "trendy" events but this venue has been entertaining punters for over 7 years, average attendence is over 200, playing a cross section of tunes from classic oldies, 70s crossover and even a bit of new stuff thrown in. Whatever anyone can say about Willington, they cant deny it works and is one of, if not the best attended soul night venue in the East midlands....

See You Sunday mate.

Chris

i dont often comment on willington nights but iv`e got to say what a bloody great night that was.andy riley is awarded the freedom of the city after that brilliant set (one mate said he was up till 6am ont`net looking for some of the tunes andy played) rob kay carried on from the 3 greyhounds and prestatyn sets with 2 crackin` sets. austin keeps on moving with his grooves wether going forward or back in years.his tony bruno beat ballad had one guy leap out of his seat and hug all around "not heard this brilliant tune for years". you know those moments that you get when everything falls into place about why we do what we do on this crazy scene, yeah that summed it all up for me.

Thanks Den

Pleased you enjoyed the set. Its always a pleasure to DJ at willington. Another busy night and a very receptive crowd who know their music. Love that Strutt 45 you played (so did the floor) looking forward to seeing you all again on Sunday at the all dayer.

Thanks again Mate

Andy

Thanks Den

Pleased you enjoyed the set. Its always a pleasure to DJ at willington. Another busy night and a very receptive crowd who know their music. Love that Strutt 45 you played (so did the floor) looking forward to seeing you all again on Sunday at the all dayer.

Thanks again Mate

Andy

yes andy you played a awesome set . you allways try to play something different. allways enjoy willington as they try not to play the same old same. looking forward to the alldayer sunday.