William Bell - Headline News...sean Sorted Me

I seem to remember in my distant memory either when listening to a Searling show or Mr Evison show on Signal Radio a track by one of either Johnnie or Johnny Taylor (suspect Johnnie Taylor...nice southern modern track around late 80's early 90's) called "Headline News" (no bugger all to do with Mr Hatcher before you ask....as much as I loved the guy no disrespect intended)...think it was on malaco...can't find out anything by googling...any ideas?

Thanks in advance! :P

Edited by soulechoes
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mention of William Bell's "Headline News" immediately brings to mind a whole raft of other similar contemporary soul sounds from that time in the mid 80's.

You can start a whole new topic out of this thread ...

David Sea "Angel"

Percy Larkins "Music of Passion"

The Mad Lads "You Blew It"

J Blackfoot "Where Is Love "

George McCrae "Listen To Your Heart"

and many many more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest Goldwax

You're very welcome!

Glad you reminded me about the track.

I interviewed William Bell some years ago. Incredible talent with a stunning repertoire... and he's still doing it after all these years!

Would urge everyone to check out Thorne classic "The Man In The Street" and my old Pitches / Yarmouth spin "Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt" from the man... and of course ALL his better known material, especially the fabulous "I Forgot To Be Your Lover".

:lol:

Sean

Top talent indeed. Saw him at the Jazz Cafe around 2000ish - stunning performance :P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!