Real Or Boot

Guest Gogs

post-9242-1205848233_thumb.jpg

Picked this up years ago for £3 always thought it was a boot but after looking at the pictures provided on Mr Manship's site now not sure. Can anybody tell me what should be in the deadwax area of the original.

thanks

gogs

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

had a boot of this years ago - it was vinyl with a poorly done 'photocopy' label...

Your scan is too small to have a proper look at - but it appears to be on styrene... any chance you could tell us what is in the deadwax?

shout s-244/s-20096 then space to ^101999 and what appears to be a monarch records stamp (the small circle with mr in it.)

hope this helps

Social source share

Picked this up years ago for £3 always thought it was a boot but after looking at the pictures provided on Mr Manship's site now not sure. Can anybody tell me what should be in the deadwax area of the original.

thanks

gogs

Had one like this out of an Oxfam shop in London years ago. Styrene with Monarch. Ebayed it a couple of years ago got £5 I think. Always assumed it was a boot.

Social source share

thanks

gogs

Original vinyl copy has an R facing the wrong way in a circle in the run-out groove. Nice quality label with a shine to it.

Original styrene (west coast) has triangle then 82321 in the run-out groove.

There are also a vinyl and a styrene bootleg/pressings.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Original vinyl copy has an R facing the wrong way in a circle in the run-out groove. Nice quality label with a shine to it.

Original styrene (west coast) has triangle then 82321 in the run-out groove.

There are also a vinyl and a styrene bootleg/pressings.

Also the dead wax run out groove is way too long to be kosher...

Issued on UK Jayboy in 1972. Looking at the Monarch Recordings matrix number 101999 this one is a bootleg from 1974.

Edited by The Soul Intention
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!