Greatstone Soul Club Sat 15th Mar

Hi everybody a big thank you to all who came on sat night some long distance travellers "Mick N Mo the dynamic duo" Ken and John (ficklefingers) the furthest ones hope you all a good time i know we all did spinning the tunes for you i will try to put up a playlist as soon as i can.

some of the records played by me on the night

venturas baby be mine daniels

marlins dont you know camaro

quintessants movin on vibra

perfections i love you my love svr

liza mae i've gotta juicy mouthed baby concept

chaumonts i need your love baysound

herde something we made up alcon

the future i cant stop C A R

len wade what you gonna do dial

freddie terrel you had it made capitol

lucky davis love is better big city

as you can see so far i stuck with 60's for nearly all the set it was pretty much 60's all night unusual for me i know.

hopefully all the others will put up ther playlists Dont think alex is on here but will try to get it from him

Mark.b

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi everybody a big thank you to all who came on sat night some long distance travellers "Mick N Mo the dynamic duo" Ken and John (ficklefingers) the furthest ones hope you all a good time i know we all did spinning the tunes for you i will try to put up a playlist as soon as i can.

some of the records played by me on the night

venturas baby be mine daniels

marlins dont you know camaro

quintessants movin on vibra

perfections i love you my love svr

liza mae i've gotta juicy mouthed baby concept

chaumonts i need your love baysound

herde something we made up alcon

the future i cant stop C A R

len wade what you gonna do dial

freddie terrel you had it made capitol

lucky davis love is better big city

as you can see so far i stuck with 60's for nearly all the set it was pretty much 60's all night unusual for me i know.

hopefully all the others will put up ther playlists Dont think alex is on here but will try to get it from him

Mark.b

I know I can also speak for Ken, when I say what a refreshingly enjoyable evening we spent as 'virgin' Greatstoner's.

Must, surely, be part of the initiation process for those who aspire to be 'True Anoraks' !! As I've never been in the company of so many like-minded officiado's and relentless pursuersof all knowledge soulful. With each and every one pleased to share any relevant facts & all possessed knowledge - without any hint of aloofness or snobbiness unfortunately demonstrated, (& ashamedly witnessed) at times, by a few individuals.. even some who command automatic and great respect on the 'scene' for their knowledge/achievements/contributions.

Awesome tunes all night, with the accent on 'Class' - with neither a blink nor a care as to the 'usual' pre-requisite 'full dance floor'. That was neither the perceived desire, or aim for this 'Special' venue. Instead, more enjoyment and satisfaction derived from the non-stop conversations.. with a fantastic set of fellow attendees (made up of 'real' soulies of the 'Purveyor of Ultimate, 100% deliverance of Class Toons' society), whilst admiring exactly that from the chosen deliverer's of entertainment for the evening. And not a politic in sight. Oh yes !!

I don't think I've ever been to a promotion attended by (enough - but certainly not hundreds of) fellow punters.. where so much quality, classy, & rare soul music has been available for sale !! Everywhere you looked, the sales boxes present were bursting with delights not seen week in/week out at places.. the sort of stuff rarely (if ever, with some offerings) seen available for purchase from any outlet (list, auction, etc) - and certainly not that normally expected at 'just' a 'soul night'. Very special indeed. :lol:

Ticked all relevant boxes to satisfy my requirements.. and saw me homeward bound afterwards with even more unbelievably luscious 45's for the collection.. along with something to look forward to when The Greatstone, again, appears on my 'calender'.

Be There !! or be forever in the clutches of the sin of Ignorance !!

Fingers.. :wicked:

Edited by FickleFingers

Guest Budgie

Many thanks to all who turned up this month with a lot of first timers and a few who haven't been down for a while.

As Mark has decided to sell all his crossover/ modern type things,possibly to Julien B I'll have to post my playlist for the likes of Mick & Mo who like that sort of thing.

Not in any order, don't want to make it too easy for Mick.

The Shirelles - Let's Give Each Other Love - RCA

Stanley Williams - Count The Days - Hotline Music

David Sea - Night After Night - Crown Limited

Jeanie Tracy - Making New Friends - Brown Door

The Whispers - The Dip - Dore

Tommie Young - Hit & Run Lover - Soul Power

Kenny Wells - Isn't It Just A Shame - New Voice

Carla Whitney - I've Been Hurt So Many Times - Attic

Bill Spoon - Love Is On The Way - Hense Forth Music Co

Al Tiki Hudson - Cry Baby - MR Records

Dorothy Morrison - I Can't Go Without You - Brown Door

George Hughley - That's Why I Cry - Buddah

Ella Woods - I Need Your Love - Merging

Quinn Harris - I'll Always Love You - M.L.E.

The Love Potion - This Love - TCB

Dewey Jeffries - When No One Cared - Gary-Dew

The Lost Soul - A Secret Of Mine - Raven

George Kirby - What Can I Do - Cadet

Lorraine Chandler - Tell Me You're Mine - RCA

Satisfaction Unlimited - Why - Hot Wax

Satisfaction Unlimited - Let's Change The Subject - Hot Wax

Mildred Clark - Keep Trying - ABC Peacock.

Hopefully something for everyone, possibly be away for the next one as it's Sleepless Nights in Dublin.

Pete.

Many thanks to all who turned up this month with a lot of first timers and a few who haven't been down for a while.

As Mark has decided to sell all his crossover/ modern type things,possibly to Julien B I'll have to post my playlist for the likes of Mick & Mo who like that sort of thing.

Not in any order, don't want to make it too easy for Mick.

The Shirelles - Let's Give Each Other Love - RCA

Stanley Williams - Count The Days - Hotline Music

David Sea - Night After Night - Crown Limited

Jeanie Tracy - Making New Friends - Brown Door

The Whispers - The Dip - Dore

Tommie Young - Hit & Run Lover - Soul Power

Kenny Wells - Isn't It Just A Shame - New Voice

Carla Whitney - I've Been Hurt So Many Times - Attic

Bill Spoon - Love Is On The Way - Hense Forth Music Co

Al Tiki Hudson - Cry Baby - MR Records

Dorothy Morrison - I Can't Go Without You - Brown Door

George Hughley - That's Why I Cry - Buddah

Ella Woods - I Need Your Love - Merging

Quinn Harris - I'll Always Love You - M.L.E.

The Love Potion - This Love - TCB

Dewey Jeffries - When No One Cared - Gary-Dew

The Lost Soul - A Secret Of Mine - Raven

George Kirby - What Can I Do - Cadet

Lorraine Chandler - Tell Me You're Mine - RCA

Satisfaction Unlimited - Why - Hot Wax

Satisfaction Unlimited - Let's Change The Subject - Hot Wax

Mildred Clark - Keep Trying - ABC Peacock.

Hopefully something for everyone, possibly be away for the next one as it's Sleepless Nights in Dublin.

Pete.

pete, even mixed up, it looks a classic greatstone set. it sounded good to these ears m8, flowed together nice.some old,some new,but all class.

good to see afew peeps in the castle, fingers,ken, neil brown,flanny&debs,steve catto,kev&linda,chris&carlos,chic& jane,bestie&ricy, ect. a good night was had, me thinks. :D