Northern Soul In Advertising

Guest andyrattigan

Guest andyrattigan

I see that Nivea are now using Sugar Pie de Santo's -GO GO Power (a tune I recently bought off Mark Bicknell after having listened to it on cd for years) such a tune as well! Could do with more exposure and plays out.

What other companies apart from KFC and Felix catfood have used Soul to sell their goods or are these the only ones?

Edited by andyrattigan
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I see that Nivea are now using Sugar Pie de Santo's -GO GO Power (a tune I recently bought off Mark Bicknell after having listened to it on cd for years) such a tune as well! Could do with more exposure and plays out.

What other companies apart from KFC and Felix catfood have used Soul to sell their goods or are these the only ones?

Who asnt ?

Social source share

Well obviously Lambrini with "The Snake" and Boots with Ernie K. Doe.

In the past there's been plenty of ads which have used Jackie Wilson "Sweetest Feeling" and "Higher & Higher", Nina Simone's "My Baby Just Cares For Me", Marvin Gaye's "Grapevine" and Otis' "Dock Of The Bay" to name a few.....

Ian D

Social source share

Well obviously Lambrini with "The Snake" and Boots with Ernie K. Doe.

In the past there's been plenty of ads which have used Jackie Wilson "Sweetest Feeling" and "Higher & Higher", Nina Simone's "My Baby Just Cares For Me", Marvin Gaye's "Grapevine" and Otis' "Dock Of The Bay" to name a few.....

Ian D

Then there are programmes that have used soul / R & B / northern tunes in their credits .......

" Bottom " for example , using The Mar - Keys " Last Night " ........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Fiat - Eddie Bo - Walk that walk

Diet Coke - The Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter 23

DFS - Little Anthony & The Imperials - I'm on the outside looking in

Diet Coke again I think - Charles Sheffield - Voodoo Working

Miller - The Isely Brothers - It's your Thing

This is hard, without reverting back to Levis or KFC! :) Good question though :lol:

Social source share

Guest rasfoz

Something like Felix cat food used a Northern Soul tune a few years back - it was the ad that was essentially a cartoon.

...and not quite Northern, but Jackie Wilson's NO PITY IN THE NAKED CITY was used on an Audi advert in the UK probably around 15 years back...

yeah they used john e paul i wanna know also youve been away rueben if memory serves me

Social source share

Miller - The Isely Brothers - It's your Thing

Saab - Ann Peebles - It's your thing

Ooops, I stand (or sit rather) corrected. :thumbsup:

Thanks Billb

Social source share

Guest littlemissoul

Mobile phone advert I think it was vodaphone recently used comin home baby Dee Dee Sharpe

LMS xXx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!