Soulfool

• Replies 7
  • Views 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Identified as a boot? Ellusions - "You Didn't Have To Leave " (Lamon) How do you tell?

John McCarthur - "Contact" (Dash) Info - value??

Chubby Checker - You Just Don't Know" (North) British White Label - Info- value??

Chubby Checker - UK Bootleg - 'bout a tenner!!

Social source share

hi

ellusions bootleg has delta number 102881 in the runout groove and is styrene with a stick on label original is vinyl with moulded over label...boot books at £6 but will normally go for a little more

chubby was only 'originally' released on cameo parkway and west coast parway in the us,re issued on london in the uk

dont know about the other tune...buy manships bootleg guide mate the best money you will ever spend,hasnt got them all but tells you what to look out for and no doubt endup saving you money in the long run

Social source share

hi

ellusions bootleg has delta number 102881 in the runout groove and is styrene with a stick on label original is vinyl with moulded over label...boot books at £6 but will normally go for a little more

chubby was only 'originally' released on cameo parkway and west coast parway in the us,re issued on london in the uk

dont know about the other tune...buy manships bootleg guide mate the best money you will ever spend,hasnt got them all but tells you what to look out for and no doubt endup saving you money in the long run

Cheers for the info Mate. I found the Ellusions amongst a collection of 45's (5,000 approx) and came across a few Northern things, mostly boots but got a little flutter when I saw the Ellusions, one of my all time faves, I was pretty sure it was a boot but had to make sure. The John McCarthur is a Funk 45 (I think?) and actually quite good.

Thanks again.

David

Social source share

Cheers for the info Mate. I found the Ellusions amongst a collection of 45's (5,000 approx) and came across a few Northern things, mostly boots but got a little flutter when I saw the Ellusions, one of my all time faves, I was pretty sure it was a boot but had to make sure. The John McCarthur is a Funk 45 (I think?) and actually quite good.

Thanks again.

David

Hi David,

The John McCarthur is a funk/modern 45 and is one that I have always quite liked. JM has it in his book at £30...but I've had one for sale on my website at £20 for months with no takers!

Cheers

Adam.

PS. Emailed you earlier about those 45s.

Social source share

Hi David,

The John McCarthur is a funk/modern 45 and is one that I have always quite liked. JM has it in his book at £30...but I've had one for sale on my website at £20 for months with no takers!

Cheers

Adam.

PS. Emailed you earlier about those 45s.

Cheers Adam, I actually quite like it and surprised it's not been snapped up, especially at £20, perhaps a little exposure? Got your email and replied :cheese1:

David

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!