Soul Scene Paralell Universe

Cunnie

Just imagine for a minute a paralell universe where our little scene was reversed.

Throws up some interesting scenario's.

Everybody would own a copy of Frank Wilson exept Kenny Burrell.

Pete Smith would be the most expensive record dealer out there but on the other hand JM, TB, PB etc would be very cheap.

All you oldies fans would be into Modern & vice versa (apart from Bearsy who'd be into Disco but really be a closet Northern fan :lol: ).

All the folks who said they went to Wigan but didn't would have been but all the folks who went wouldn't have but would be saying they did.

Soul Sams current monsters would be Al Wilson & Dobie Gray & tracks like Ellipsis & Mixed Feelings would be cheap overplayed oldies.

Our Modernism night would be called Northernism (or would it be Southernism).

I would have won the 3 records I stopped up this late to bid on :lol::lol:

Any more but remember it's just a bit of fun.

Social source share

• Replies 44
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just imagine for a minute a paralell universe where our little scene was reversed.

Throws up some interesting scenario's.

Everybody would own a copy of Frank Wilson exept Kenny Burrell.

Pete Smith would be the most expensive record dealer out there but on the other hand JM, TB, PB etc would be very cheap.

All you oldies fans would be into Modern & vice versa (apart from Bearsy who'd be into Disco but really be a closet Northern fan :lol: ).

All the folks who said they went to Wigan but didn't would have been but all the folks who went wouldn't have but would be saying they did.

Soul Sams current monsters would be Al Wilson & Dobie Gray & tracks like Ellipsis & Mixed Feelings would be cheap overplayed oldies.

Our Modernism night would be called Northernism (or would it be Southernism).

I would have won the 3 records I stopped up this late to bid on :lol::lol:

Any more but remember it's just a bit of fun.

I like the term " Ancientism " better :lol: .......

In a parallel universe ? - let me see .......

I would be a young whippersnapper just starting out , rather than a old git :lol: ........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Everyone would demand 12'' vinyls and carve 7'' recordings to 12'' for extra fidelity

and better sound :thumbsup:

Cunnie would go on and on and on and on about missing a King Tutt 7''

IL would be calm, measured and everyone's favourite DJ and record producer. He would win platinum CDs for his releases; everyone would have them in their collection.

Edited by Brian Ellis
Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Lifeline would become bootlegs, acetates and CDs only venue. Anyone playing original vinyl would have their worthless records slung across the stage by other outraged DJs.

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Lifeline would become bootlegs, acetates and CDs only venue. Anyone playing original vinyl would have their worthless records slung across the stage by other outraged DJs.

pmsl! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

exponents & owners of Northern Soul Cd's would be classed as Gods & would be fighting off members of the opposite sex who want to do dirty things to them...lol

KTF

Baz

Social source share

And spend his time ranting on about the excellence of all things 60s.........now that I would like to see :thumbsup:

QoFxx

I already do that to a certain Gary Lee , but I dont mention mamsey pamsey or Duffy coz that is going to far :lol:

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Guest Bernadette

Everyone would demand 12'' vinyls and carve 7'' recordings to 12'' for extra fidelity

and better sound :lol:

Cunnie would go on and on and on and on about missing a King Tutt 7''

and I'd be loaded cos my 12"ers would be in demand :thumbsup:

but then again i would have been collecting 7"ers in a paralell universe damn :lol:

Social source share

Everyone would be as friendly and good natured on the forums as they are in real life.

Don't be silly Roger.

We'd Still all be bickering but for entirely different reasons :lol:

BTW you'd be one of the country's top oldies DJ's :thumbsup:

Social source share

They know who they are :rolleyes:

Social source share

Alldayers are the thing,saturday sundays bank holidays rammed,,,,beat ballads all weekend...full of people talkin`sense,no-one wants to be a dj and they never retire.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

We'd only have to go down the end of the road to dance during the hours our bodies tell us we should be awake.

Social source share

There would be no politics at all, you would hear 6ts, Modern incl. the funky side of it all in one room, the majority of DJ`s would always try to play fresh, new and individual sets and would call fantastic records their own, Oldies Allnighter would be a thing of the past nobody would even remember :unsure:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I might actually agree with something Mr Murray says to me and i would take this scene serious for once

oh and wouldnt of got into a rut of wanting every bloody record i hear

Simon M would be a dj in demand :thumbup:laugh.gif:lol::lol:laugh.gif

Social source share

Simon M would be a dj in demand laugh.gif:lol::lol:laugh.gif:D

Yeah but only in "DIsco Bunny Land" errrrrrrrr but of course it is a paralell universe so he would be in demand as a rare 60s DJ and you and I would be wearing spandex and dancing beneath a glitter ball :thumbup:

QoFxx

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Yeah but only in "DIsco Bunny Land" errrrrrrrr but of course it is a paralell universe so he would be in demand as a rare 60s DJ and you and I would be wearing spandex and dancing beneath a glitter ball :thumbup:

QoFxx

even better, he would be a Mamsey Pamsey dj wearing spandex and never scratch his chin ever again or make that silly wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noise ever again laugh.gif

Social source share

QoFxx

Thats what Cunnie calls Thursday nights in this Universe ohmy.gif

Social source share

even better, he would be a Mamsey Pamsey dj wearing spandex and never scratch his chin ever again or make that silly wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noise ever again laugh.gif

Ah but Mamsey Pamsey transcends across all universes and galaxies it is bigger than all of us so we would all be listening to it :lol: .

he only scratches his chin so he saves on razor blades :lol: and as for the wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh noise well thats just...........wierd :thumbup:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!