Soul Nights @ Bridgwater Sat 29th March

Sat 29th March is the next date , and the first in 2008 , for Soul Nights @ Bridgwater .

There's quite a buzz building up , not least because Andy Mcabe , Flanny and Nick Hackett are trekking to the deep south (west) and bringing a taste of Middleton to Bridgwater .

we're stockpiling the cider already .

Bridgwater Sports and Social Club

Bath Rd

Bridgwater

Somerset

Ta6 4pa £5 members (available on night) 7-30pm - 1-00am

take junction 24 M5 queries pete 01278 671811

This night will complete 6 years of Soul Nights @ Bridgwater , and to mark our anniversary we're giving away an ultra cool badge .

There's just 100 of these , first come first served , and when they're gone they're gone for good . So if you want one you need to get a wriggle on !

• Replies 35
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest andrew bin

Sat 29th March is the next date , and the first in 2008 , for Soul Nights @ Bridgwater .

There's quite a buzz building up , not least because Andy Mcabe , Flanny and Nick Hackett are trekking to the deep south (west) and bringing a taste of Middleton to Bridgwater .

Bath Rd

Bridgwater

Somerset

This night will complete 6 years of Soul Nights @ Bridgwater , and to mark our anniversary we're giving away an ultra cool badge .

There's just 100 of these , first come first served , and when they're gone they're gone for good . So if you want one you need to get a wriggle on !

Tracie and i will be there for sure :unsure: allways a topnotch night at bridgwater

Same here Andy, looking forward to finally getting the chance to get down to Bridgwater. Hannah's been going along quite a few times over the last couple of years and she always has a great time. Pete has a fantastic collection of rare/ soul 45s so i always look forward to hearing his sets. Hopefully see a few of you there & have a safe journey down to the West Country the Northern Middleton Crew. :yes: nick n hannah.

Edited by nick hackett

Bath Rd

Bridgwater

Somerset

Yes get yourself down to this one folks, Pete puts on a terrific night with an open minded crowd who will give anything a dance, it's well worth the trip down as you will receive a friendly welcome from Pete and kathy.

Good luck Pete, you deserve at full house mate!!

Neil

Roll on saturday.

always a great night, great atmosphere and great music - but the 6th anniversary promises to be something special

Looking forward to what will be a brilliant night out....in fact can't remember a bad night at Bridgewater.... thanks to hospitality given haven't remembered the night at all sometimes :lol:

6th anniversary huh!!!! Time flies when you're having fun....see you all there :lol:

Ricticman...a deals a deal :thumbsup: Thanks Mrs Ricticman :lol:

Same here Andy, looking forward to finally getting the chance to get down to Bridgwater. Hannah's been going along quite a few times over the last couple of years and she always has a great time. Pete has a fantastic collection of rare/ soul 45s so i always look forward to hearing his sets. Hopefully see a few of you there & have a safe journey down to the West Country the Northern Middleton Crew. nick n hannah.

looking forward to this night.....saw pete at marrs bar ....great spot!!!!! with this line up it will be a superb night :thumbsup:

having never been to Middleton myself, but hearing lots of good things about it, i am really looking forward to hearing what the DJ's have to offer.

well done Mr Lyster for being adventurous in your efforts to bring something new to the south :lol:

looks like it's going to be a belter of a night thumbsup.gif how far away is the nearest travel lodge (some one asked me earlier today)

travel lodge is about 2/3 miles away from venue, at the service station. i stayed there on the last visit to soul nights @ bridgwater - very handy

Sounds like its gonna be a top nite, unfortunately there's a local do in Bournemouth that nite, but i know there are still a few traveling from Bournemouth. Will definitely get there one day.

come on Tim, you know you wanna really. you also get the added bonus of seeing me there laugh.gif come on now, i came and seen you - you dont write, you dont call, you dont even come to our night in Plymouth ohmy.gif

gwan. gwan gwan gwan. and bring Mark with you - guaranteed a good night

GET YOU POST CODE RIGHT

Anyone who Sat-Navs needs to record the following ;

The advert for this event in 'On The Scene' [ I know loads were handed out at Middleton for instance ] ,has the wrong post code .

This is not 'On The Scene''s fault or responsibilty ; I screwed up !

The right post code which will get you there easy peasy is

ta6 4pa

best regards , travel safely

pete

Guest Dr Pickles

Finally made my mind up where to go this weekend.

There is loads on this weekend, with lots of friends to support and DJ's to hear.

I've wanted to go to this night for a long time and with this line up of DJ's I just could not resist.

Lou will kill me as she wanted to try the new Bournmouth night out but the final Ace in the pack is young Flanny having a couple of gems to pass on.

Finally get to thank Nick for all the help on here over the past few months. :huh:

Sometimes its the smaller nights that generate an electric atmosphere that has the hairs on your arms standing up.

See you all there.

So many nights, so many tunes, so little time.

ATB

Doc

Its a shame that we have to miss Bournemouth night but I try not to miss Bridgewater event...you just never know whats gonna happen :huh::ohmy: Just kidding ...its a great night out with one of the friendliest crowds, great dancefloor (no talc allowed nor needed) no restriction on djs...they play what the dancers want. What more could you ask for except moving it next door to where you live!!

Finally made my mind up where to go this weekend.

There is loads on this weekend, with lots of friends to support and DJ's to hear.

I've wanted to go to this night for a long time and with this line up of DJ's I just could not resist.

Lou will kill me as she wanted to try the new Bournmouth night out but the final Ace in the pack is young Flanny having a couple of gems to pass on.

Finally get to thank Nick for all the help on here over the past few months. :huh:

Sometimes its the smaller nights that generate an electric atmosphere that has the hairs on your arms standing up.

See you all there.

So many nights, so many tunes, so little time.

ATB

Doc

I agree it is a shame but we'll be there.See you there Chris.Be good to catch up after what seems like ages.

Bridgewater is a corker of a night.

Dave.

great to hear a fair few of the poole/bournemouth crowd will be at this event. hope plenty of the parkstone boys/girls turn up - would be great to see you all again (but don't expect a night of oakdale boys club music :P )

Am looking forward to this one as it will be my first one as a "punter" rather than a "promoter" of the event. All the fun without all the stress LOL Hope it all goes well for you Pete coz if it dont I will have to kick your arse :thumbup: Hopefully the lovely Middleton boys and suprise guest :thumbsup: will keep me on that lovely dance floor all night and I will be able to resist doing the "promoters prowl" all evening.

So Pete will my badge be solid gold for time honored served? LOL See you tomoz!!!

Debs x

Guest stax'a'soul

heard another rumour - Neil Rushton is doing a spot - is this correct ?

Heard the same mike,roll on tommorow night.

Will you be joining us in 'the newmarket'.

steve thumbsup.gif

OK , my secret is out .

The story is as follows .

I found out Neil Rushton was in the South West this weekend .

Bearing in mind this is someone who I've wanted to headline at Bridgwater for the longest time , ( and by the way he has agreed to do so in 2009 ) , I tried twisting his arm about joining us at this Saturday night's 'Middleton comes to Bridgwater' special .

I didn't need to do much twisting ; he's as interested to get a taste of the Middleton magic as we all are !

So I pushed it a bit further and invited him to do a short slot giving us a taster of what we're going to get in 2009 ; and he agreed . Top Guy ! He'll probably be on stage about 10-00pm ish .

I won't pretend anything other than I'm really pleased with this result !! Probably learnt from Debs....if you don't ask , you don' get ' !

pete

[i won't pretend anything other than I'm really pleased with this result !! Probably learnt from Debs....if you don't ask , you don' get ' !

pete

Heard the same mike,roll on tommorow night.

Will you be joining us in 'the newmarket'.

steve :thumbsup:

Depends Steve. getting a lift from a friend so it's all down to the transport i am relying on. if not, see you at the sports & social club :thumbup:

mike

just had a couple of calls

Andy's in Bristol ,

Nick's in Bristol

Flanny is heading south on the M6 towardS Someset

Neil Rushton is heading north on the M5 towards Somerset

looking forward to our 6th nniversary tonight .

Can you help me out - please don't use any talc - or if you see anyone else talcing please tell them....otherwise we will not see our 7th anniversary . appreciated , pete.

just had a couple of calls

Andy's in Bristol ,

Nick's in Bristol

Flanny is heading south on the M6 towardS Someset

Neil Rushton is heading north on the M5 towards Somerset

looking forward to our 6th nniversary tonight .

Can you help me out - please don't use any talc - or if you see anyone else talcing please tell them....otherwise we will not see our 7th anniversary . appreciated , pete.

this is one of those floors that just doesnt need talc :rolleyes:

this is one of those floors that just doesnt need talc :D

.....and the large wooden dancefloor has just been waxed - today :P

Mr Lyster was on the case early this morning while the rest of us........ :rolleyes: