Sandi Sheldon - You're Gonna Make Me Love You

Hello,

Looking through my extensive record collection, I came across this single yesterday, that I once bought in a garage sale for 50 cents. It turns out to be worth a fortune and since I am not interested in this kind of music (don't kill me :unsure: ), I am offering it here for sale.

The single is in a great shape. A-side is M-, B-side is EX with only very few hairlines/scuffs. A-side is without ANY mark and plays great, although it is at the start a bit 'dusty'. I plan to clean the record and have soundfiles available for anyone interested.

Last time this gem went for $1327 at eBay. That would be the lowest price considering the current dollar value. Anyone interested, just send me an email at vansloo0@xs4all.nl.

Kind regards,

Johan van Slooten

The Netherlands

post-7699-1206028916_thumb.jpg

post-7699-1206028953_thumb.jpg

post-7699-1206028992_thumb.jpg

post-7699-1206029044_thumb.jpg

post-7699-1206029094_thumb.jpg

post-7699-1206029123_thumb.jpg

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 27
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:(:unsure:

A rather arrogant post I think here, you should have kept that little secret to yourself methinks, doubt you will get a buyer on here with that attitude mate, you should have simply asked for offers

Lenny

whats arrogant about it ????? thats the price he wants for it, if you want it, make him an offer, if you dont want it then dont make an offer, its as simple as that

Social source share

whats arrogant about it ????? thats the price he wants for it, if you want it, make him an offer, if you dont want it then dont make an offer, its as simple as that

Plain and simple mate, if he got it for half a dollar good on him, just did'nt like the bit about the price was on ebore so that's the minimum offer, why not just say offers on this record please, I don't like posts where a seller rubs your nose in it :unsure:

Lenny

Social source share

Plain and simple mate, if he got it for half a dollar good on him, just did'nt like the bit about the price was on ebore so that's the minimum offer, why not just say offers on this record please, I don't like posts where a seller rubs your nose in it :lol:

Lenny

cant see what your problem is....so what if he only paid 50 cents for it, its his record & he can ask what he likes for it, whether he sells it or not is another matter

Social source share

I Thought this site was for like minded people not a bloody shop for people who dont give a toss about soul music but just trying to capitalise on an audience that probably wont want it at that starting price.

WHy dont you put it on ebay like all the other non soulies do :lol: or are you trying to take advantage - methinks

Ill go and sell the Holland shirt fully signed by Johan Cruyff on some dutch football fan site - Ive no interetst in Dutch football at all but hey Ill exploit them! :lol:

Social source share

I Thought this site was for like minded people not a bloody shop for people who dont give a toss about soul music but just trying to capitalise on an audience that probably wont want it at that starting price.

WHy dont you put it on ebay like all the other non soulies do :lol: or are you trying to take advantage - methinks

Ill go and sell the Holland shirt fully signed by Johan Cruyff on some dutch football fan site - Ive no interetst in Dutch football at all but hey Ill exploit them! :lol:

its hardly exploitation is it.....he's put it up for sale at a price...if someone wants to pay the price they will...if nobody wants to pay the price, then it goes unsold..simple as that. by the way, how much do you want for johan's shirt ?????

Social source share

its hardly exploitation is it.....he's put it up for sale at a price...if someone wants to pay the price they will...if nobody wants to pay the price, then it goes unsold..simple as that. by the way, how much do you want for johan's shirt ?????

The price is not the issue here! It is exploitation or opportunism maybe a better phrase. Ebay seller who have no interest in soul should stay mainly on the Plain (EBAY)

Johans shirt - same start price as the last one on ebay finished :lol::lol:

Social source share

WHy dont you put it on ebay like all the other non soulies do :P or are you trying to take advantage - methinks

If we can talk about Amy,that other bird,him outa`the Jam,ska,reggie....we can have a none soul member,who can try to sell what he likes for what he likes if you dont like it tough!! biggrin.gif wont sell it mind :lol:

PS as he done a intro ?

Edited by ken
Social source share

Hello,

Looking through my extensive record collection, I came across this single yesterday, that I once bought in a garage sale for 50 cents. It turns out to be worth a fortune and since I am not interested in this kind of music (don't kill me :thumbup: ), I am offering it here for sale.

The single is in a great shape. A-side is M-, B-side is EX with only very few hairlines/scuffs. A-side is without ANY mark and plays great, although it is at the start a bit 'dusty'. I plan to clean the record and have soundfiles available for anyone interested.

Last time this gem went for $1327 at eBay. That would be the lowest price considering the current dollar value. Anyone interested, just send me an email at vansloo0@xs4all.nl.

Kind regards,

Johan van Slooten

The Netherlands

Ja ventje, je hebt hier geen vrienden gemaakt. Stom om over de aankoop prijs te stuffen en dan

nog zotter zeggen dat je geen soul music graag hoort, man gij zijt een crack, dertien honderd dollar,

laat ons weten voor wat het verkoopt, mischien zijn er nog gekke Britten die dat sort geld betalen.

Ikke niet in ider geval............................... :thumbup:

Chris L

Social source share

Hello,

Looking through my extensive record collection, I came across this single yesterday, that I once bought in a garage sale for 50 cents. It turns out to be worth a fortune and since I am not interested in this kind of music (don't kill me :thumbup: ), I am offering it here for sale.

Kind regards,

Johan van Slooten

The Netherlands

Sort of reminds me a bit, well in fact not at all, but it's an Ian Levine thing so well worth posting.

When he found her and brought her accross to the UK for her first gig, as a sign of gratitude she

gave him her only copy of this.........................................signed all over the label

"To Ian love Sandi".....................made it worth more or less ? ohmy.gif

BTW I wass her driver don't you know, honest to God I was, ask her.............. :thumbup:

Chris L

Social source share

Obviosly he did'nt get the offer he was looking for as he has put it on ebay. Strange he was asking for offers of more than $1327 from the members on here but he has started it off on ebay at $499.95 with no reserve :thumbsup: take a look.

https://cgi.ebay.com/SANDI-SHELDON-YOURE-GO...1QQcmdZViewItem

Not that strange for him to start it at a lower price if he didn't get any offers at that price. plus it's over a grand now, I'm guessing he'll get more than what he asked for here...

you probably drew a bunch more attention to it too, actually...

Social source share

tell you what though, I wish all sellers posted the same high quality pictures when selling stuff, his are superb

100% agree :thumbsup:

Think all the guy is guilty of is being too honest.

Wish all record sellers were as honest & took as much trouble as Johan has. Would be a lot better for us all.

If you check out his only other post on here he was helping people out regarding an e bay scam.

There are plenty of other folks who ain't into the Soul scene who post sales on here mainly in the e bay sales forum who don't get crucified like this.

Not only that but it don't look too good for any other new site members who ARE into Soul music to see some of the responses to his post.

Social source share

Incidentally, I had a stocker of this in the late 80's & don't remember paying a lot of money for it, certainly no more than 30 quid. Same goes for Thelma Lindsey 'Prepared To Love You' on Magic City. I paid a top dealer 40 quid for it in 1990. Was 40 quid indicative of nominal rarity then? These things are beyond me, really.

I don't see any arrogance in Johan's post. I think it's very matter of fact & I also think that language has to be taken into account. We would probably have said 'this kind of thing is not really my cup of tea' or 'doesn't really push my buttons'. More to do with tone than content. Exploitation is a strong word in this case methinks. When I think of exploitation I think of children in sweatshops in Asia. Subsharan immigrants trying to cross the straits of Gibraltar.

Social source share

Incidentally, I had a stocker of this in the late 80's & don't remember paying a lot of money for it, certainly no more than 30 quid. Same goes for Thelma Lindsey 'Prepared To Love You' on Magic City. I paid a top dealer 40 quid for it in 1990. Was 40 quid indicative of nominal rarity then? These things are beyond me, really.

I don't see any arrogance in Johan's post. I think it's very matter of fact & I also think that language has to be taken into account. We would probably have said 'this kind of thing is not really my cup of tea' or 'doesn't really push my buttons'. More to do with tone than content. Exploitation is a strong word in this case methinks. When I think of exploitation I think of children in sweatshops in Asia. Subsharan immigrants trying to cross the straits of Gibraltar.

My point was - That I would have nothing against this guy if he got involved in some discussion about the music. I personally dont think this site should be used as a shop window for selling records that are not motivated by concern for the music rather than pure monetary greed- which i call opportunism.

What if every tom dick or harry decided that something with a bit of abeat was soul or northern soul and we were flooded with sales that mean absolutely sod all! in the soul circle. I think the site would become a mess. & Mike & co have a hard enogh job without sifting through 100s of bogus members.

My advice to these potential sellers is stick to ebay unless you are prepared to get involved in the site and its aims.

Social source share

My point was - That I would have nothing against this guy if he got involved in some discussion about the music. I personally dont think this site should be used as a shop window for selling records that are not motivated by concern for the music rather than pure monetary greed- which i call opportunism.

What if every tom dick or harry decided that something with a bit of abeat was soul or northern soul and we were flooded with sales that mean absolutely sod all! in the soul circle. I think the site would become a mess. & Mike & co have a hard enogh job without sifting through 100s of bogus members.

My advice to these potential sellers is stick to ebay unless you are prepared to get involved in the site and its aims.

A VERY SOUND POINT!

MAX..

Social source share

I think you're talking absolute cack to put it politely. It's a northern record and he's got one for sale; why not put it up in the sales section? As has been mentioned earlier, his other post was alerting us to an ebay scam, so he's hardly a bogus member. And how is it "monetary greed" if he wants the going rate for it? If you sold some rare records you'd want the going rate wouldn't you? And would you have the same morals and principles if you were in a thrift store in the U.S and found 5 copies of the Del Larks at 50 cents each - would you say to the shop owner "actually this goes for big bucks in the UK, I'll give you $1,000 for each copy" (and that's obviously below market value at that price) and not 50 cents each. Of course you wouldn't, so get off your ridiculous high horse. He's just being honest and he has a northern record for sale and people on this site want to buy northern records. End of. Christ, what's he got to do; fill out a survey and join the northern soul masons before he's allowed to sell 45s?? And your comments about "flooded with sales that mean absolutely sod all" is equally irrelevant as he's trying to flog one 45 that is a northern oldie/standard; he's not attempting to sell anything else. I don't think Mike or anybody else has a problem with people coming into the Sales section and flogging northern records, as clearly people on this site want to buy northern records. Some people really are too precious.

Rich

Social source share

I think you're talking absolute cack to put it politely. It's a northern record and he's got one for sale; why not put it up in the sales section? As has been mentioned earlier, his other post was alerting us to an ebay scam, so he's hardly a bogus member. And how is it "monetary greed" if he wants the going rate for it? If you sold some rare records you'd want the going rate wouldn't you? And would you have the same morals and principles if you were in a thrift store in the U.S and found 5 copies of the Del Larks at 50 cents each - would you say to the shop owner "actually this goes for big bucks in the UK, I'll give you $1,000 for each copy" (and that's obviously below market value at that price) and not 50 cents each. Of course you wouldn't, so get off your ridiculous high horse. He's just being honest and he has a northern record for sale and people on this site want to buy northern records. End of. Christ, what's he got to do; fill out a survey and join the northern soul masons before he's allowed to sell 45s?? And your comments about "flooded with sales that mean absolutely sod all" is equally irrelevant as he's trying to flog one 45 that is a northern oldie/standard; he's not attempting to sell anything else. I don't think Mike or anybody else has a problem with people coming into the Sales section and flogging northern records, as clearly people on this site want to buy northern records. Some people really are too precious.

Rich

Social source share

The point being missed here is that this record is only actually worth 300 quid tops and anyone paying more than that wants their head tested, it's only over a thousand dollars because of ill informed and very rich people bidding it up in auctions. And yes, if I had one I would sell it for £300 so don't even ask the question.

Social source share

The point being missed here is that this record is only actually worth 300 quid tops and anyone paying more than that wants their head tested, it's only over a thousand dollars because of ill informed and very rich people bidding it up in auctions. And yes, if I had one I would sell it for £300 so don't even ask the question.

That's a good point Pete, as you know your self something's worth what someone will pay for it.

In the Northern Soul world that gets magnified 10 ten times, so when something's worth £300

there'll be a nutter out there (or maybe more thn 1) who'll pay the doubel, treble or even quadruple

so he can go down his local club and show if off. This particulur example is already bid over £500.

:lol:

Chris L

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!