Ambassadors

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Put this in sharp end section, with no reply so i`ll try in here. Had a friend stay with us and when my wife played him storm warning-arctic 7inch he was gobsmacked, i didn`t think it was that rare? also does anyone know if it came out on a white demo? thanks in advance :unsure:

Yes it did.

I didn't see the post in The Sharp End Section or this one mate until now as I work nights.

Arctic_153a_DJ.jpgArctic_106a_DJ.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Yes it did.

I didn't see the post in The Sharp End Section or this one mate until now as I work nights.

Arctic_153a_DJ.jpgArctic_106a_DJ.jpg

Sorry roger didn`t know you worked nights, just mr impatience here, is there any connection between the two groups? would love to see a white demo, any idea on the values please issue/demo thanks harry :unsure:

Social source share

hi harry

the white demo does exist. i had one thruout the 90s and then sold it to little john ullah

who sadly is no longer with us. its white with black writing and he gave me £125 for it.

in retrospect, thats was a lot of money for it. but its a rare piece IMVHO.the issue is more

readily available.ive had 2 in the last 3 years. both came from the USA and were only $35

each. I kept 1 and sold one to mick waddington (soulful mick on here) for £40. I rate the

issue at £75. I dont think its a common record tho

dave

Social source share

hi harry

the white demo does exist. i had one thruout the 90s and then sold it to little john ullah

who sadly is no longer with us. its white with black writing and he gave me £125 for it.

in retrospect, thats was a lot of money for it. but its a rare piece IMVHO.the issue is more

readily available.ive had 2 in the last 3 years. both came from the USA and were only $35

each. I kept 1 and sold one to mick waddington (soulful mick on here) for £40. I rate the

issue at £75. I dont think its a common record tho

dave

Thanks for that dave,as i say got an issue, will keep my eyes open for a demo, nice record, and as you say not that common just to be a pain wich was the earlier release volcanoes/ambassadors? :lol:

Social source share

Thanks for that dave,as i say got an issue, will keep my eyes open for a demo, nice record, and as you say not that common just to be a pain wich was the earlier release volcanoes/ambassadors? :lol:

I remember buying a demo in the hundred club for a fiver.

Think i sold it for £200. :lol:

Social source share

ahh right a mate of mine has the lp, cetainly not the w/d very nice mate :thumbup:

volcanos was first release..arctic 106, ambassadors was arctic 153, used to have a copy of album, its got a great track on it called "if im all youve got, im all youll need"...which shares the same backing track as the marvellos - why do you want to hurt the one who loves you" - loma

just for the record..the ambassadors who recorded on arctic & atlantic were a different band to the ambassadors who did "too much of a good thing" on pee vee, who were a 8 piece white band, however both bands hailed from philadelphia

Edited by soulman1964
Social source share

volcanos was first release..arctic 106, ambassadors was arctic 153, used to have a copy of album, its got a great track on it called "if im all youve got, im all youll need"...which shares the same backing track as the marvellos - why do you want to hurt the one who loves you" - loma

just for the record..the ambassadors who recorded on arctic & atlantic were a different band to the ambassadors who did "too much of a good thing" on pee vee, who were a 8 piece white band, however both bands hailed from philadelphia

Eyup Trev, Is this the same Why do you want to hurt the one who loves you by Honey and the bees on Arctic?

BRI PINCH.

Social source share

Put this in sharp end section, with no reply so i`ll try in here. Had a friend stay with us and when my wife played him storm warning-arctic 7inch he was gobsmacked, i didn`t think it was that rare? also does anyone know if it came out on a white demo? thanks in advance :thumbsup:

I had a Blue issue copy of the Ambassadors - Storm Warning on Arctic, but it had BLACK writing, so always thought it a bit suspect.

Its a late release on Arctic so I am starting to think it was original?

Blue with Black writing or did it come out with blue writing?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I had a Blue issue copy of the Ambassadors - Storm Warning on Arctic, but it had BLACK writing, so always thought it a bit suspect.

My Demo had black writing.

Social source share

Storm Warning was discussed a while ago, along with "The Laws Of Love".

Archived in The Sharp End Of Vinyl >>> Menu in Label order <<<

>>> Arctic - The Volcanos - Storm Warning <<<

The Black writing copy isn't mentioned, any chance of a scan or Matrix details.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Storm Warning was discussed a while ago, along with "The Laws Of Love".

Archived in The Sharp End Of Vinyl >>> Menu in Label order <<<

>>> Arctic - The Volcanos - Storm Warning <<<

The Black writing copy isn't mentioned, any chance of a scan or Matrix details.

The Black writing copy is the Ambassadors version on Arctic, not the Volcanos.

I have the Volcanos on blue label with dark blue writing, but the Ambassadors had black writing with blue label, is that original?

Social source share

The Black writing copy is the Ambassadors version on Arctic, not the Volcanos.

I have the Volcanos on blue label with dark blue writing, but the Ambassadors had black writing with blue label, is that original?

Sorry Mate, my fault.

I will look into it.

It was quite late into the Labels Output.

I don't know if "Storm Warning" by The Ambassadors" was ever Booted.

However, Jamie/Guden did re-issue a few titles in the 70's.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!