Chertsey Alldayer Sunday 4th May Free Admission

Jonno

SWANSONGFOUR

SOULFUL GOINGS ON!

Sunday 4th May 2008

bank holiday weekend

Midday - Midnight

@ The Olde Swan,

27 Windsor St, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 8AY.

Accommodation & Food available

https://www.theoldeswan.co.uk/home.asp

DJ's Chris Brown, Simon White, Stevie Cee,

Steve Johns, Jez Bishop, Johnny Pearson,

Kev Mac, Spit & Spot.

Live shows broadcast direct from the venue on Starpoint radio.

14.00 the original Mastercuts (Ian Dewhirst & Alan Champ).

16.00 Dave W and the wind down zone.

https://www.starpointradio.com/ & Sky Digital

FREE ADMISSION,

CD/ Record sales.

thanks for looking,

JOHNNY. :unsure:

Edited by Jonno
  • Replies 22
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

About time too! The last all-dayer in Chertsey was in 1990 when horse drawn carts used the M25 . This time the admission seems very reasonable

Actually Chertseys relationship with Northern Soul goes way, way back bfore 1990, my mate Phil Barrs

was a DJ at both the Chertsey Lock & Galleon, circa mid 70T's he would sneak the odd NS choon in

whenever he could. We'll do some all-nighter the Saturday and make our way to Chertsey for this

event. What kind of crowd will you get? What kind of numbers ? me and my mates are all old soulies on the wrong side of 50 :lol:

Chris L

Actually Chertseys relationship with Northern Soul goes way, way back bfore 1990, my mate Phil Barrs

was a DJ at both the Chertsey Lock & Galleon, circa mid 70T's he would sneak the odd NS choon in

whenever he could. We'll do some all-nighter the Saturday and make our way to Chertsey for this

event. What kind of crowd will you get? What kind of numbers ? me and my mates are all old soulies on the wrong side of 50 :lol:

Chris L

We have no age barrier on the door Chris, so all old soulies will be more than welcome.

Hopefully it will be well supported by people who remember those events.

Also it's a Sunday before a bank holiday, free to get in, pub price ale, if the weathers good you can sit outside and still listen to the DJ's sweating away inside!

:lol: Johnny.

whenever he could.

Not much of a relationship :lol:

Certainly remember those nights well.

Line up for all dayer looks excellent. Count me in :lol:

Chris L

Very happy soul memories of Chertsey...being in Mr Waxy's record shop...."oh do you have a copy of James Walsh, Cuz its you girl? Do you want a demo at £2.50 or one at £2. Needless to say I had both, UK copies as well :lol::wicked:

BH

Not much of a relationship :wicked:

Certainly remember those nights well.

Line up for all dayer looks excellent. Count me in :lol:

I actually worked behind the bar at the Chertsey Lock for a while, by crikey what a ball we had,

free booze, grub and a shag in the car park, halcyon days :lol:

Chris L

Very happy soul memories of Chertsey...being in Mr Waxy's record shop...."oh do you have a copy of James Walsh, Cuz its you girl? Do you want a demo at £2.50 or one at £2. Needless to say I had both, UK copies as well :lol::lol:

BH

Blake, if nicky and your good self fancy the trip down from sunny Yorkshire I'll make sure I play my u s demo, cost me more than £2.50 tho :wicked:

Hope to see both of you at Essence, by the way did I give you SS VI cd?

All the best mate,

Johnny.

Guest outonthefloor

Hey Hey Hey

Me old friend Jez Bishop spining at few ....not to be missed...

when i was very young we used to go to the canlo club ..memory a bit vague but youth club i fink anyway remember dancing to some motown there my first toe in the water so to speak....

We will defo be going along to this....

See you there

Helen

XXXX

Blake, if nicky and your good self fancy the trip down from sunny Yorkshire I'll make sure I play my u s demo, cost me more than £2.50 tho sad.gif

Hope to see both of you at Essence, by the way did I give you SS VI cd?

All the best mate,

Johnny.

Tell you what John, with a double room at £60 and yourself and Mr Dewhirst on I'm sorely tempted, I'll have a word with 'er indoors :rolleyes:

No didn't get that cd, I'll knock one up for SE for you, are you going to Rimini this year?

Best

B&N

Tell you what John, with a double room at £60 and yourself and Mr Dewhirst on I'm sorely tempted, I'll have a word with 'er indoors :rolleyes:

No didn't get that cd, I'll knock one up for SE for you, are you going to Rimini this year?

Best

B&N

Would be great to see you both back on your "old manor", there's still a second hand record shop in Chertsey just at the back of Guildford st, have'nt been in for a while but lat time walked out with Jackie Wilson - It only happens when I look at you .. on a red UK brunswick demo, not bad for a fiver.

Going to miss Rimini this year, have a weeding to attend, see you at SE and we can catch up.

John.

Guest soul diva

Hi John

Sandra had text me to keep the 4th May free and now I know why.....

Hope Mary and Julian are venturing out for this - be good to see all my buddies in the Chertsey/Weybridge area again

Looking forward to seeing you and Noreen :rolleyes:

xx

Hi John

Sandra had text me to keep the 4th May free and now I know why.....

Hope Mary and Julian are venturing out for this - be good to see all my buddies in the Chertsey/Weybridge area again

Looking forward to seeing you and Noreen wink.gif

xx

Hi Debbie,

Be great to see you on the 4th, saw trish and paul sunday, gave them the flyer so hopefully they will be too!

Best,

John.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest soul diva

Hi Debs,

We'll be coming along too - it'd be rude not to when it's only down the road.

Look forward to seeing you and Oaks, and your old man of course.

Are you going to Dru & Luppers engagement bash? Nice birthday affair for us too!

T x

Theresa - we shouldn't complain, I think it's very sweet of Dru & Ady to arrange our birthday bash........

Be good to see you - are you being accompanied by Justin??

look forward to seeing you , though not sure if Oakley will be coming along as I don't want him to out do me on the dance floor!! Such a little mover now..........

xx

Swansongfour is taking place as planned, we are looking forward to seeing friends from near and far, old and new at the Olde Swan in Chertsey.

Top tunes guaranteed from a wise DJ lineup, well Chris Brown is! wink.gif

See you all Tomorrow, may the fourth be with you.

Johnny.