Fantastic Four - Where Do I Go From Here ?

Just putting some albums on digital and noticed that the liner notes on the Best of The Fantastic Four, Soul album mentions..."I can't help smiling when they sing "Where Do I Go From Here"....which isn't on the album :unsure:

Has the reviewer, Reggie Goodwin, got his Ric-Tics mixed up and confused Al Kent with the Fantastic Four, or was he sent a promotional copy of the album, which included a version by them ?

Anyone know if an unreleased version exists :(

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just putting some albums on digital and noticed that the liner notes on the Best of The Fantastic Four, Soul album mentions..."I can't help smiling when they sing "Where Do I Go From Here"....which isn't on the album :lol:

Has the reviewer, Reggie Goodwin, got his Ric-Tics mixed up and confused Al Kent with the Fantastic Four, or was he sent a promotional copy of the album, which included a version by them ?

Anyone know if an unreleased version exists :lol:

So that would be a don't know then g.gif

Social source share

:thumbsup:

Just a thought, how many Golden World Acetates have surfaced over the years.

Ric-Tics too, possibly under the Golden World Logo as an acetate..

I have only seen a small amount, Including the Tape on ebay last year.

Following the purchase, did Motown absorb the whole catalogue into their Vaults, Master Tapes, acetates etc?.

In a recent "Ric-Tic relics Album thread", it was suggested that many were dubbed from disc for the Album.

So I'm guessing that many of the Original Master Tapes were neglected at the time of purchase.

I wonder if there is a project somewhere, either on tape ot acetate that may have been lost, relating to the Fantastic Four track.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Following the purchase, did Motown absorb the whole catalogue into their Vaults, Master Tapes, acetates etc?.

In a recent "Ric-Tic relics Album thread", it was suggested that many were dubbed from disc for the Album.

So I'm guessing that many of the Original Master Tapes were neglected at the time of purchase.

I wonder if there is a project somewhere, either on tape ot acetate that may have been lost, relating to the Fantastic Four track.

That would be my guess too Roger :thumbsup:

Unless they used "Where Do I Go From Here" in their live performances :lol:

Social source share

Al Kent told me that Levi and The Tops recorded the song.

From DFTMC :

Where Do I Go From Here (Al Hamilton-Ronnie Savoy-James Varner-Herman Weems) publ. Myto

Al Kent ; produced by Al Kent, Ed Wingate, Herman Weems ; arranged by Andrew Terry

Jul-67; 45 (M): Ric Tic RT-127 A

Four Tops; rec 15-May-70 ; produced by Al Kent

25-May-05; CD: Hip O Select B0003626 02 Lost Without You: Motown Lost And Found

Edited by Philippe
Social source share

From DFTMC :

Where Do I Go From Here (Al Hamilton-Ronnie Savoy-James Varner-Herman Weems) publ. Myto

Al Kent ; produced by Al Kent, Ed Wingate, Herman Weems ; arranged by Andrew Terry

Jul-67; 45 (M): Ric Tic RT-127 A

Four Tops; rec 15-May-70 ; produced by Al Kent

25-May-05; CD: Hip O Select B0003626 02 Lost Without You: Motown Lost And Found

Cheers thumbsup.gif So that would explain why Motown wouldn't have released a Fantatstic Four cut :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I wonder if there is a project somewhere, either on tape or acetate that may have been lost, relating to the Fantastic Four track.

A mate of mine who was working with Motown at the time of Ric Tic Relics told me, some years ago, that the whole RTR album was made up of disc dubs. 'Course, that sort of thing didn't much matter in the pre CD days, did it?

I have good reason to believe that Motown did not take delivery of many, if not most, of the Ric Tic mastertapes when Berry Gordy bought the studios and took over some of the artist contracts. They certainly do not appear to have the Detroit Emeralds tapes in the Universal vauts, for a start (unless the person who checked for me was telling porkies...)

I can never resist the urge to sing "Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye" when I hear the intro to "Where Do I Go From Here". Anyone else notice the similarity?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!