"the Soul Cellar" High St Walsall

WELL AFTER OUR 1ST SUCCESSFUL NIGHT AT THE SOUL CELLAR! IT'S NOW TIME TO GIVE DETAILS OF THE NEXT EVENING AT THIS BRILLIANTLY DIFFERENT VENUE!! WILL BE ON SAT APL 19TH 8PM TIL 2AM AT THE LEAST!! LATE! LATE! BAR! ADM EARLY DOORS IS £3 RISING TO £4 LATER, WITH DJ'S "GRAHAM P" "GARY HOLYMAN" "BLUE MAX" PLUS A GUEST RECORD COLLECTOR! PLUS OUR SPECIAL GUEST DJ SHROPSHIRES "LEN COOK" A NIGHT OF TOTALLY GREAT GREAT MEMORIES IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!! PLUS LOADS OF STUFF YOU MAY NOT HAVE HEARD!! GIVE IT A TRY! I THINK YOU'LL LOVE IT!!

MAX..

• Replies 31
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

WELL AFTER OUR 1ST SUCCESSFUL NIGHT AT THE SOUL CELLAR! IT'S NOW TIME TO GIVE DETAILS OF THE NEXT EVENING AT THIS BRILLIANTLY DIFFERENT VENUE!! WILL BE ON SAT APL 19TH 8PM TIL 2AM AT THE LEAST!! LATE! LATE! BAR! ADM EARLY DOORS IS £3 RISING TO £4 LATER, WITH DJ'S "GRAHAM P" "GARY HOLYMAN" "BLUE MAX" PLUS A GUEST RECORD COLLECTOR! PLUS OUR SPECIAL GUEST DJ SHROPSHIRES "LEN COOK" A NIGHT OF TOTALLY GREAT GREAT MEMORIES IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!! PLUS LOADS OF STUFF YOU MAY NOT HAVE HEARD!! GIVE IT A TRY! I THINK YOU'LL LOVE IT!!

MAX..

We will definately be there for this :lol:

JB & Mart xx

max.its worth the ticket price for len cook alone.me and carol will try to be there.all the best.

bill

You'll definitely enjoy the music played Bill, and the lastest ones you introduced me to would not be out of place there either - shifts permitting we'll be there :no:

Wulfie :thumbsup:

You'll definitely enjoy the music played Bill, and the lastest ones you introduced me to would not be out of place there either - shifts permitting we'll be there :no:

Wulfie :thumbsup:

LOOKING GOOD FOR BRINGING A COUPLE OF ORIGINAL "WHEEL" DJ'S DOWN TO THE SOUL CELLAR FOR A BIT OF A SPECIAL LATE NIGHT!! WATCH THIS SPACE!!

MAX..

Guest Sean Haydon

LOOKING GOOD FOR BRINGING A COUPLE OF ORIGINAL "WHEEL" DJ'S DOWN TO THE SOUL CELLAR FOR A BIT OF A SPECIAL LATE NIGHT!! WATCH THIS SPACE!!

MAX..

Bring on Mr Rae!

Sean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MAX..

well this sat see's part two of the re-opening of this wonderful atmospheric venue! music is from the early day's of the"wheel" thru to pre wigan! which really does encompass a million monster tunes! the turn-out for our first night was really good & we are expecting another excellent night this sat! see above for full details!

the "soul cellar" 41. high st walsall info paul 07957847646

max..

well this sat see's part two of the re-opening of this wonderful atmospheric venue! music is from the early day's of the"wheel" thru to pre wigan! which really does encompass a million monster tunes! the turn-out for our first night was really good & we are expecting another excellent night this sat! see above for full details!

max..

don't even need to say it do I :)

max..

Yes!! Max thumbsup.gif looking forward to part two :rolleyes: as we missed part one :D

JB xxxKTFxxx

MAX..

THIS SATURDAY NIGHT! IT'S A GREAT NIGHT OUT!

Guest Super60sounds

THIS SATURDAY NIGHT! IT'S A GREAT NIGHT OUT

Hi Max tks for the very kind and positive comments.

For anyone who is not aware, please allow me to introduce myself as one of the promoters at the Soulcellar,my name is

Graham Powney, I am originally from Cannock, Staffs but have been resident in Leicester for 30 years this year !!

Like many I was first attracted by the 'Sounds of Young America" at the local youth clubs in and around Cannock area.

Later on - 1970 -The Staffordshire Yeoman in Stafford on a Monday Night was a really good dance,a lot of stuff played from Wheel , alas ,Barry Morgan and Dave Lowe no longer with us. Barry in particular was a big influence on me and I later became good friends with him, had a wide taste in music and loved Ray Charles ! He named his son Deon after Mr Jackson so you can see why he was big influence on me, I still love Deon Jacksons vocal style.

At the cellar we all still love the beautiful music that we heard in our youth and the Soulcellar gives us an opportunity to hear it again in what we think is a special and unique place ! We have also had the opportunity to meet up with again with many old friends and aquantainces.We opened in March 2006 but had to close last year with change of ownership of venue. As Max mentioned in previous thread we did our first - first night in March 2008 and it was quite emotional for us all with some absolutely lovely music; Barbara Mercer, Jean Wells , Steve Mancha, Impressions , Sam and Dave , Otis Clay, Otis Redding, Edwin Star, Major Lance , Jackie Wilson and some rarer group stuff played by the enthusiatic Dj's on the night...

The power of the music will draw us back again this Saturday and I hope we can attract a wide range of people to come and dance to the music ...

See you on Saturday Ladies and Gents !!

Cheers Max !!

Kind regards / Graham

For anyone who is not aware, please allow me to introduce myself as one of the promoters at the Soulcellar,my name is

Graham Powney, I am originally from Cannock, Staffs but have been resident in Leicester for 30 years this year !!

Like many I was first attracted by the 'Sounds of Young America" at the local youth clubs in and around Cannock area.

Later on - 1970 -The Staffordshire Yeoman in Stafford on a Monday Night was a really good dance,a lot of stuff played from Wheel , alas ,Barry Morgan and Dave Lowe no longer with us. Barry in particular was a big influence on me and I later became good friends with him, had a wide taste in music and loved Ray Charles ! He named his son Deon after Mr Jackson so you can see why he was big influence on me, I still love Deon Jacksons vocal style.

At the cellar we all still love the beautiful music that we heard in our youth and the Soulcellar gives us an opportunity to hear it again in what we think is a special and unique place ! We have also had the opportunity to meet up with again with many old friends and aquantainces.We opened in March 2006 but had to close last year with change of ownership of venue. As Max mentioned in previous thread we did our first - first night in March 2008 and it was quite emotional for us all with some absolutely lovely music; Barbara Mercer, Jean Wells , Steve Mancha, Impressions , Sam and Dave , Otis Clay, Otis Redding, Edwin Star, Major Lance , Jackie Wilson and some rarer group stuff played by the enthusiatic Dj's on the night...

The power of the music will draw us back again this Saturday and I hope we can attract a wide range of people to come and dance to the music ...

Cheers Max !!

Kind regards / Graham

Really looking forward to it Graham shades

JB xxxKTFxxx

Cheers Max !!

Kind regards / Graham

hi graham, well there we are a member on here and letting me do all the work!! ha! ha! i'm really looking forward to sat night! got a few very interesting thing to spin! & with "len cook" in the house we are in for another super night! so listen anybody reading this thread, what ya doing sat night! come & join the crowd! you'll love it! and when we say finish 2am hah well that normally means 3am it really is a wonderfully different venue well worth visiting!!

max..

Guest Super60sounds

hi graham, well there we are a member on here and letting me do all the work!! ha! ha! i'm really looking forward to sat night! got a few very interesting thing to spin! & with "len cook" in the house we are in for another super night! so listen anybody reading this thread, what ya doing sat night! come & join the crowd! you'll love it! and when we say finish 2am hah well that normally means 3am it really is a wonderfully different venue well worth visiting!!

max..

Max, I just did not get around to giving us a mention previously, no excuses.Although I posted the flier earlier last month so give me some credit !!!

I am almost reluctant to advertise because I want it to be a 'secret night' and want people to come without the adverts if you know what I mean ......

That said, in the real world you have got to advertise your event and when I saw your post I was encouraged to join the debate. Obviously I do want as many to come on the night to so am glad of your support.

We have had some special people who have supported the event in the short time since we started our adventure,almost all being ever presents..All will get stars for full attendance come Christmas.

Hope bloody Mic works properly this time !! tehe

Max, I just did not get around to giving us a mention previously, no excuses.Although I posted the flier earlier last month so give me some credit !!!

I am almost reluctant to advertise because I want it to be a 'secret night' and want people to come without the adverts if you know what I mean ......

That said, in the real world you have got to advertise your event and when I saw your post I was encouraged to join the debate. Obviously I do want as many to come on the night to so am glad of your support.

We have had some special people who have supported the event in the short time since we started our adventure,almost all being ever presents..All will get stars for full attendance come Christmas.

Hope bloody Mic works properly this time !! tehe

IT WILL WHEN I GET THERE!! CAUSE I'M BRINGING ONE!

MAX..

GRAHAM THE SECRETS OUT! TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT THIS BRILLIANT VENUE SO BLOW IT! LET'S TELL THE REST OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Max !!

Kind regards / Graham

Hi mate, how you doin. have a top nite. Wont be able to make this one but looking to get back in the groove with all you top soulies. Its a great venue that oozes soul its not your normal venue its a perfect venue. GET THERE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF. Max and crew hope its a packer (with room to groove) best Kimbo :thumbsup:

Guest Super60sounds

Hi mate, how you doin. have a top nite. Wont be able to make this one but looking to get back in the groove with all you top soulies. Its a great venue that oozes soul its not your normal venue its a perfect venue. GET THERE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF. Max and crew hope its a packer (with room to groove) best Kimbo :thumbsup:

Hello Kimbo, thanks for your kind comments, sorry you are unable to come but perhaps see you soon, love to Lisa ...take care both

Graham

Hi mate, how you doin. have a top nite. Wont be able to make this one but looking to get back in the groove with all you top soulies. Its a great venue that oozes soul its not your normal venue its a perfect venue. GET THERE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF. Max and crew hope its a packer (with room to groove) best Kimbo :lol:

hi kimbo, thanks for the kind words about this special venue! hope you san make it one of the months!

max..

the soul cellar 41 high st walsall this sat nite!! 8 til very late!!

the soul cellar 41 high st walsall this sat nite!! 8 til very late!!

Looking good!! :ohmy:

JB xxxKTFxxx

oh yes!! sat is a big night for the "soul cellar" really need to get a big crowd in for this one! so if you're at a loose end sat night! it would be great to see you! wonderful venue! top memories! special guest dj shropshire's top man young"len cook" with "graham p" "gary holyman" "blue max" to assist in making this a great night out!!

max..

Guest Phil Richards

oh yes!! sat is a big night for the "soul cellar" really need to get a big crowd in for this one! so if you're at a loose end sat night! it would be great to see you! wonderful venue! top memories! special guest dj shropshire's top man young"len cook" with "graham p" "gary holyman" "blue max" to assist in making this a great night out!!

max..

Hi Max might pop over after my visit to Sue

Guest Phil Richards

HI PHIL! IT WILL BE GREAT TO SEE YOU MATE! YOU NEED TO HAVE A BIT OF RELAXATION! I'LL BUY YOU A PINT! BOUT TIME AIN'T IT!

MAX..

Yes it is :laugh:

max..

Tonights the night at the "Soul Cellar" shades.gifthumbup.gif

JB xxxKTFxxx