Spinners Images As Requested

Hi y'all, Here is an album that I recieved this week after purchasing it off EBay for £2.50. What a bargain! There are at least 3 outstanding tracks on the album which include The Spinners, The Marvelettes and Smokey Robinson. But all of the tracks are ranging from very good to excellent. I was asked to upload the images of the album 'From the vaults' so that the forum could see it. so here are the images. The first 2 images are the back cover split in 2 and zoomed in so that you can see the details. The third image is the label.

Maybe someone knows if any of the tracks were released as singles and how rare they are and what they would be worth.

Thanks for looking.

bk_cover1.jpg

bk_cover2.jpg

label.jpg

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Think this may some kind of re-issue or a pressing, it's been out on the Tamla Motown label for some years now, all unissued tracks as far as I am aware, goes for around £25, hope this helps,

Lenny

Hi and thanks. I know for a fact that this IS the original press, it is on 'Motown natural resources', the re-press is on 'Motown' which was re-released some years after this release. Natural Resources was active in 1972 and 1973, then used again in 1976 for a Gaylord and Holiday album, then used again in 1978 and 1979 for reissues and compilation albums. The Natural Resources label is white with brown printing. "NATURAL RESOURCES" above the center hole on two lines. On the perimeter is the slogan "Natural Sounds For Natural People" in script. Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

Hi and thanks. I know for a fact that this IS the original press, it is on 'Motown natural resources', the re-press is on 'Motown' which was re-released some years after this release. Natural Resources was active in 1972 and 1973, then used again in 1976 for a Gaylord and Holiday album, then used again in 1978 and 1979 for reissues and compilation albums. The Natural Resources label is white with brown printing. "NATURAL RESOURCES" above the center hole on two lines. On the perimeter is the slogan "Natural Sounds For Natural People" in script.

This is the USA release issue, released around the same time as the UK Tamla Motown LP

A nice album, a couple of great tracks and a few fillers

regards

Paul

Social source share

Guest motownmad

Think this may some kind of re-issue or a pressing, it's been out on the Tamla Motown label for some years now, all unissued tracks as far as I am aware, goes for around £25, hope this helps,

Lenny

It is original issue, 1979 all the tracks have never been released as singles by the artists listed.

Recorded:-

No Body But You - Temptations - April 1965

Take Me Where You Go - D.Ross & Supremes - March 1965

Cry - Monitors - August 1964

Sweeter As The Days Go By - M.Gaye 1966.Single released Frank Wilson 1965 Soul 35019B,Album track Chris Clark 1967 Motown M664 Soul Sounds.

I Should Have Known Better - Marvelettes - August 1964

What More Could A Boy Ask For - The Spinners - ?

It's Fantastic - Smokey Robinson - May 1966

Drop In The Bucket - Mary Wells - June 1963. Also recorded by Kim Weston 1964 CD release 1997(Anthology)

The Lonely Heart and Lonely Eyes Of Lonely Me - Gladys Knight - April 1966

Undecided Lover - Martha Reeves - December 1962

Hope this helps

Nigel

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!