Clifford Curry "i Love Women"

Just found a copy of this at a record show and have been enjoying it these past few days, but doesn't seem to be widely known. At least I can't find anything on the web and it is not listed in the Manship guide. Are folks around here up on this? Very nice midtempo modern soul sound. I can post a soundclip if people are curious.

022.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just found a copy of this at a record show and have been enjoying it these past few days, but doesn't seem to be widely known. At least I can't find anything on the web and it is not listed in the Manship guide. Are folks around here up on this? Very nice midtempo modern soul sound. I can post a soundclip if people are curious.

It is however listed on Soulful Kinda Music's dicography of Clifford Curry, along with his other release for the label.

Clifford Curry

Woodshed 001 - Shag With Me / Once Or Twice - 1980

Woodshed 002 - Let's Have A Party / I Love Women - 1982

Social source share

It is however listed on Soulful Kinda Music's dicography of Clifford Curry, along with his other release for the label.

Clifford Curry

Woodshed 001 - Shag With Me / Once Or Twice - 1980

Woodshed 002 - Let's Have A Party / I Love Women - 1982

Its a beach record Dave,not a big hit either on the beach music scene,but in saying that its a nice tune,not that rare i'd say IMO approx £12.00 at a push,ive seen loads of these in "Billy's beach hut" at a dollar a pop.

Toby..

Social source share

Its a beach record Dave,not a big hit either on the beach music scene,but in saying that its a nice tune,not that rare i'd say IMO approx £12.00 at a push,ive seen loads of these in "Billy's beach hut" at a dollar a pop.

Toby..

I'd buy this record all day at a dollar a pop. From what I gather the flipside was a beach music thing, although my knowledge of that scene is nil. I Love Women is unmistakably a quality modern soul tune though. Not saying it's going to be the next big thing or anything but it does seem to have fallen through the gaps for whatever reason. Here's a soundclip (refosoul seems to be down at the moment but I can add it to that later): https://www.soulpersuasion.com/kidinquisiti...iffordcurry.mp3

Social source share

Soon as I heard this I knew I'd heard it before.

Found myself singing along before the chorus kicked in!

Its a cover of the Jim Hurt "Scotti Brothers" 45 from 1980 (Covering 'summertime' songs not unusual on the Beach 'scene').

Quite nice though!

Infact a good deal better than the original (IMO)!

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!