Charity Do In Radcliffe

Just to say well done to Jayne, Sean & everyone else involved in running this event.

Me & Alison had a brilliant night, great music & brilliant company, hope you raised loads of cash.

A very special mention to the chat room boys for the laughs & the company, briliant meeting you all. Malc fantastic of you to come all the way from Market Harboro, bearing gifts of creme eggs :thumbup: Willie, you made me laugh, when are you taking her out for a curry?. Last of all thanks to Pete for the hospitality afterwards thumbsup.gif .

Off on my joliies, have a great easter everyone :lol:

Kx

• Replies 14
  • Views 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just to say well done to Jayne, Sean & everyone else involved in running this event.

Me & Alison had a brilliant night, great music & brilliant company, hope you raised loads of cash.

A very special mention to the chat room boys for the laughs & the company, briliant meeting you all. Malc fantastic of you to come all the way from Market Harboro, bearing gifts of creme eggs :thumbup: Willie, you made me laugh, when are you taking her out for a curry?. Last of all thanks to Pete for the hospitality afterwards thumbsup.gif .

Kx

Kirsty, Also had a brilliant night, good company, oop's that should read crazy company :lol: , music across

the board to keep everyone happy, and for a great cause thumbsup.gif . The highlight of the night for me was

KirstyM on the stage Lapdancing to 'your on top girl' :lol: .

Well done to Jayne, Sean and all who mucked in, give yourselfs a pat on the back :D .

oh, won a auction last night, Anyone wanna buy a woman :D .

Willie

Edited by Soulgrit

Good night was had by all.

Good across the board range of music - nice to hear the Parliaments and Empires ( thanks Carl).

As usual, didn't win a raffle prize ( and yes, before you ask, I did buy loads of tickets!)

Hope lots of money was raised.

Well done to everyone who participated. :thumbup:

Julian

Kirsty, Also had a brilliant night, good company, oop's that should read crazy company :thumbsup: , music across

the board to keep everyone happy, and for a great cause :rolleyes: . The highlight of the night for me was

KirstyM on the stage Lapdancing to 'your on top girl' :lol: .

Well done to Jayne, Sean and all who mucked in, give yourselfs a pat on the back :rolleyes: .

oh, won a auction last night, Anyone wanna buy a woman :huh: .

Willie

'PUT THAT WOMAN DOWN' WILLIE !!! TOP NIGHT ..GREAT TO MEET YOU CHIEF CYA AT MIDDLETON ?

CPTN M

'PUT THAT WOMAN DOWN' WILLIE !!! TOP NIGHT ..GREAT TO MEET YOU CHIEF CYA AT MIDDLETON ?

CPTN M

great night last night,had to leave the festivities early,working early today,enjoyed chatting to paul junior walker,exchanging stories of your dad,yeah he really did play cheech and chong at a northern soul night :thumbsup: Mr Morgan,got your records,will bring them to the wilton tonight

Mick

Guest Brian Ellis

Jayne

Top night, thoroughly enjoyed being able to play the type and range of tunes I like to spin. No politics, no sh*t, just everyone having a great time for a very worthy cause.

Fantastic crowd and good dancefloor reaction.

One downside for me - my daughter tripped on the steps out of Venue 45, falling on to the pavement and badly damaged her left knee. In A&E in Wrexham until 4am; no fracture, but now on crutches!! And.....she was drinking Diet Coke all night as she had volunteered to do the driving home.

Still, fantastic night, so glad that I could help out. Hope you made loadsamoney for The Christie.

Good to meet some SSers and put names to faces.

If anyone interested will post up a play list later.

Brian :thumbsup:

Jayne

Top night, thoroughly enjoyed being able to play the type and range of tunes I like to spin. No politics, no sh*t, just everyone having a great time for a very worthy cause.

Fantastic crowd and good dancefloor reaction.

One downside for me - my daughter tripped on the steps out of Venue 45, falling on to the pavement and badly damaged her left knee. In A&E in Wrexham until 4am; no fracture, but now on crutches!! And.....she was drinking Diet Coke all night as she had volunteered to do the driving home.

Still, fantastic night, so glad that I could help out. Hope you made loadsamoney for The Christie.

Good to meet some SSers and put names to faces.

If anyone interested will post up a play list later.

Oh Brian,

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she's ok. :no:

Thank you so much for coming over, it was really appreciated and nice to meet your family too.

will pm you.

Jayne.x.

A very special mention to the chat room boys for the laughs & the company, briliant meeting you all. Malc fantastic of you to come all the way from Market Harboro, bearing gifts of creme eggs :thumbsup: Willie, you made me laugh, when are you taking her out for a curry?. Last of all thanks to Pete for the hospitality afterwards :no: .

Kx

Cheers M'dear - it was lovely to meet you.. :lol:

Thank you very much to the DJ's, guys who gave generously to the raffle / Auction and everyone for their support last night. I personally, didn't even get time to brush my hair, have a drink or stop to find out what was going on!. :P . It was a huge success and I'm so pleased that despite not sending a 30th birthday card in 4 weeks time, it will be made slightly easier knowing that we've just raised over £900 for Christie's.

Soulie's are such kind, generous and friendly people, I was hoping to get to the £500 mark and we've nearly doubled it. :lol:

Jayne.x.

Guest Brian Ellis

Oh Brian,

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she's ok. :no:

Thank you so much for coming over, it was really appreciated and nice to meet your family too.

will pm you.

Jayne.x.

Thanks Jayne

Lisa is recovering, although her knee joint is very stiff, bruised and generally pretty sore.

Really pleased you made so much for this fantastic hospital. Soulies should be very proud of the contribution they have made.

Said I'd post up a playlist for anyone interested - so here goes (all original vinyl!!):

Herb Ward - Strange Change - Argo

Ivories - Please Stay - Despenza

Joseph Moore - I Still Can't Get You - Mar-V-Lus

Soul Communicaters - Those Lonely Nights - Fee Bee

Seven Souls - I Still Love You - Okeh

Dynells - Call On Me - Atco

Rhonda Davis - Can You remember - Duke

Barbara Lynn - Trying To Love Two - Ichiban

Richard Caiton - I Like To Get Near You - Up Tight

Tearra - Just Loving You- Midtown

Charles Johnson - Never Had A Love So Good - Alston

Exportations - I Want You - Vir Ro

The Innersection - I'm In Debt To You - Group 5

Mel Williams - Sweet Girl Of Mine - Buddah

The Charisma Band - Ain't Nothing Like Your Love - Buddah

Johnnie Mae Matthews - I Have No Choice - Big Hit

Squeezed into a 45 minute spot; great to play what I wanted and get decent dancefloor reaction on most.

Thanks again

If I can help any time in the future, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Best

Edited by Brian Ellis

Jayne, How are you feeling today, I'm sooo tired but what a great night and well supported. Music brill all night. :thumbsup: Such a good sum raised for Christies hospital.

Playlist Roman

Lavern Baker Wrapped, Tied and Tangled

Shirley Wahls Why am I Crying

Jo Ann Garrett Whole New Plan

Edward Hamilton Baby Don't You Weep

Ringleaders Baby What Has happened

Kris Peterson Just As Much

Barbara Acklin Love Makes A Woman

Don Covay & Goodtimers Seesaw

Sundae Aint Got No Problem

Bobby Pruitt We Are One

Barbara Lynn Movin On a Groove

Wendy and Roman

Cheers M'dear - it was lovely to meet you.. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much to the DJ's, guys who gave generously to the raffle / Auction and everyone for their support last night. I personally, didn't even get time to brush my hair, have a drink or stop to find out what was going on!. :lol: . It was a huge success and I'm so pleased that despite not sending a 30th birthday card in 4 weeks time, it will be made slightly easier knowing that we've just raised over £900 for Christie's.

Soulie's are such kind, generous and friendly people, I was hoping to get to the £500 mark and we've nearly doubled it. :thumbup:

Jayne.x.

Jayne,

Many congratulations on your magnificent efforts in raising over £900. Well done from all @ YKSoul.

Steve B

Thanks Jayne

Lisa is recovering, although her knee joint is very stiff, bruised and generally pretty sore.

Really pleased you made so much for this fantastic hospital. Soulies should be very proud of the contribution they have made.

Said I'd post up a playlist for anyone interested - so here goes (all original vinyl!!):

Herb Ward - Strange Change - Argo

Ivories - Please Stay - Despenza

Joseph Moore - I Still Can't Get You - Mar-V-Lus

Soul Communicaters - Those Lonely Nights - Fee Bee

Seven Souls - I Still Love You - Okeh

Dynells - Call On Me - Atco

Rhonda Davis - Can You remember - Duke

Barbara Lynn - Trying To Love Two - Ichiban

Richard Caiton - I Like To Get Near You - Up Tight

Tearra - Just Loving You- Midtown

Charles Johnson - Never Had A Love So Good - Alston

Exportations - I Want You - Vir Ro

The Innersection - I'm In Debt To You - Group 5

Mel Williams - Sweet Girl Of Mine - Buddah

The Charisma Band - Ain't Nothing Like Your Love - Buddah

Johnnie Mae Matthews - I Have No Choice - Big Hit

Squeezed into a 45 minute spot; great to play what I wanted and get decent dancefloor reaction on most.

Thanks again

If I can help any time in the future, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Best

Ah, it was you who played the Ivories!!... I didn't get chance to find out. Loads of my favourite's in there Brian, Rhonda Davies,Charles Johnson, in fact half your spot was probably made up of some of my favourite tunes. thumbup.gif

btw - Lisa Ellis has won on the raffle. I brought the last couple of raffle prizes home with me and I've been so tired, I'm only just sorting it out now. Lisa Ellis and Paul Walker are the winners of the last two raffle prizes that are still sat here. Will post on to you Brian.

Thanks

Jayne.x.

Jayne, How are you feeling today, I'm sooo tired but what a great night and well supported. Music brill all night. :huh: Such a good sum raised for Christies hospital.

Playlist Roman

Lavern Baker Wrapped, Tied and Tangled

Shirley Wahls Why am I Crying

Jo Ann Garrett Whole New Plan

Edward Hamilton Baby Don't You Weep

Ringleaders Baby What Has happened

Kris Peterson Just As Much

Barbara Acklin Love Makes A Woman

Don Covay & Goodtimers Seesaw

Sundae Aint Got No Problem

Bobby Pruitt We Are One

Barbara Lynn Movin On a Groove

Wendy and Roman

Hiya,

Me too - I went to Old Trafford today and Yawned my way through it. I'm still really tired.

Edward Hamilton, Barbara Lynn,Lavern Baker, :thumbsup: - all brilliant stuff. Musically it mixed really well, all spots blending nicely. I felt kind of spoilt hearing all my favourite stuff.

Thanks again,I am deffo going to do this again next year. I think it's a nice way to mark both Nicky's birthday and her passing. If anyone met the lady who was doing the door for me, that's my friend Bernie. Bernie lost her partner Frank just a few weeks ago and was a big help in the whole night too. Frank was also a good friend and worked at the Brewery with Neil Jones and I for nearly 10 years.

We're going to put this money in Nicky's name and next year any money we raise will be donated to Christie's in Frank's name to mark the anniversary of his death. (Sorry if that sounds a bit morbid,I think it's a really positive and uplifting idea) smile.gif

Thanks

Jayne.x.