Denise

xx

• Replies 35
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

And a lovely spot it was too, just a shame the place filled up too quickly and took my floor space... :D

Seriously tho, it's lovely to see Briles having a very successful night, standing room only for a lot of the time.

Judging by the floor, the crowd enjoyed themselves.

It was never meant to be a rare soul nite but a good laugh and party atmosphere and that's just what they've got... :thumbsup:

Kylee's mum came to support her daughter and brought Kylee's 12 year old brother who's as made on soul as Kylee...

His legs must be killing him today because he never left the dance floor...good on ya Ben... thumbup.gif

Guest flower

top night had by all. :thumbsup: dance floor full to the rim mainly bye one dj (chirs ) with scooter sounds ,but no scooters ohmy.gif just good old northern soul we now. keep up the hard work see you @ rugby if not b4 flower

top night had by all. :thumbsup: dance floor full to the rim mainly bye one dj (chirs ) with scooter sounds ,but no scooters ohmy.gif just good old northern soul we now. keep up the hard work see you @ rugby if not b4 flower

Thanks for that Flower, we had a big crowd in last nite. Chris (Marshmallow Factory) did us proud, so did all the DJ's, who played to a mixed crowd many very familiar sounds :D

And a lovely spot it was too, just a shame the place filled up too quickly and took my floor space... :lol:

Seriously tho, it's lovely to see Briles having a very successful night, standing room only for a lot of the time.

Judging by the floor, the crowd enjoyed themselves.

It was never meant to be a rare soul nite but a good laugh and party atmosphere and that's just what they've got... :thumbsup:

Kylee's mum came to support her daughter and brought Kylee's 12 year old brother who's as mad on soul as Kylee...

His legs must be killing him today because he never left the dance floor...good on ya Ben... :thumbup:

Don't know whether it was good friday factor or not but like you say Sian rammed by 8.30pm. A really mixed crowd, plenty of younsters too which is very encouraging, we need to keep these (and more) coming for the future of the Soul.Anyhow, glad you enjoyed the party :D

Best, Dave.

Great night guys! :thumbup:

heres my playlist

Betty Everett - Too hot to hold - VJ

Barbara Lynne - Im a good woman - Tribe

The detroit Shakers - help me find my way - Counsel

Oscar Toney - No sad song- Bell

The Superiors - What would I do - Verve

The 5 royales - Catch that teardrop - Home of the blues

Jimmy Robins - I cant please you - Jerhart

Spencer Wiggins - Lonely Man = Goldwax

The Intrigues - I'm gonna love you = Yew

The four Sonics - tell me you're mine - Sepia

Difosco - sunshine love - Earthquake

Roscoe Robinson - Thats enough - Wand

Freddie Chavez - they'll never know why - Sevens

The Short Cut Feat. Eddie Harrison - Your eyes may shine - pepper

Cliff Nobles - My love is getting stronger _ Atlantic

Mel Torme - Comin Home Baby - Atlantic

Joe Tex - I wanna be free - Soul food

Mack Rice - My baby - Lu pine

Oscar Perry - Like it was the first time - Back Beat

Timebox - Beggin _ Deram

Frankie and classicals - What shall I do - Calla

Marlena Shaw - Wade in the Water - Cadet

Robert Ward - I will fear no evil - Groove City

Diana Ross and the Supremes - Stormy - White label

Jo Armstead - A stone good lover - Giant

Thanks for having me :thumbsup:

Denise

xx

Thanks for that Ganche, must be one of the quickest playlist ever posted :lol: Appreciate your input Luv.

Best, Dave

good night at warwick last night a bit tight on the dance floor for the more energetic dancers. djs all played good sets slight hitch with speaker but soon sorted out . nice to see phil and sue and chalky and his lady . top night see you all on some dance floor some were carl + hev

Thanks for taking time to post Carl. We needed a bigger dance floor last nite :thumbsup:

As you said, one of the speakers blew last nite, fortunately Ralph was soon on the case, and managed to hook into the clubs own system, whilst our one remaining speaker kept us going. A massive thanks to Ralph and Turvey for the technical help, which all took place without too much notice, just brilliant :thumbup:

As Sian said this was Warwick's most successful night so far.

Standing room only on the dance floor and the atmosphere was brilliant.

Musically though I was disappointed.

I know it's primarily an oldies night and not a rare soul night but the majority of sounds were 'play safe.'

I'm probably in the minority here as you can't knock the reaction of the dance floor.

I also realise you have to please the paying punter but a bit more imagination on the oldies front wouldn't go amiss.

Top spots for me were Denise, glad I got there early to catch your spot, and Charlie Mac.

Oscar Toney No Sad Song was just brill.

Two records Charlie played which hadn't been heard at Warwick before still got great dance floor reaction.

The Scott Bros Orch and the Walter and Admirations cover up.

People asking in the bar what the Admirations was.

That illustrates to me that despite being unknown a good record will get always get recognised as such.

In summary.

If you are looking for a classic oldies night with great people and a real fun atmosphere then this is for you. Get yourself down there. It does exactly what it says on the tin with excellence!

Top marks to Dave for making Warwick so successful in just a short time.

Thanks also to Dave and Jak for the after event hospitality. Superb as always.

See you soon.

Tabs

As Sian said this was Warwick's most successful night so far.

Standing room only on the dance floor and the atmosphere was brilliant.

Musically though I was disappointed.

I know it's primarily an oldies night and not a rare soul night but the majority of sounds were 'play safe.'

I'm probably in the minority here as you can't knock the reaction of the dance floor.

I also realise you have to please the paying punter but a bit more imagination on the oldies front wouldn't go amiss.

Top spots for me were Denise, glad I got there early to catch your spot, and Charlie Mac.

Oscar Toney No Sad Song was just brill.

Two records Charlie played which hadn't been heard at Warwick before still got great dance floor reaction.

The Scott Bros Orch and the Walter and Admirations cover up.

People asking in the bar what the Admirations was.

That illustrates to me that despite being unknown a good record will get always get recognised as such.

In summary.

If you are looking for a classic oldies night with great people and a real fun atmosphere then this is for you. Get yourself down there. It does exactly what it says on the tin with excellence!

Top marks to Dave for making Warwick so successful in just a short time.

Thanks also to Dave and Jak for the after event hospitality. Superb as always.

See you soon.

Tabs

Tabs mate, I agree with you absolutely 100%, and thanks for the contsructive criticism. Luckily Ganche and Charlie were on quite early and played with a bit more imagination. As the night progressed though we had loads of requests for the Snake, and when they were told we don't have that, then it was Diana Ross etc. That's the reason why Chalky once again played Jimmy Mack, and my set at the end was far more Mowtowny than I had planned. As you said though, the dance floor was the main judge imo :thumbsup:

Difficult trying to find a happy medium when we do get such a mixed crowd, and it is very mixed. Glad you still enjoyed it, and enjoyed the food after, just had a Samosa for dinner :thumbup:

Best, Dave.

Tabs mate, I agree with you absolutely 100%, and thanks for the contsructive criticism. Luckily Ganche and Charlie were on quite early and played with a bit more imagination. As the night progressed though we had loads of requests for the Snake, and when they were told we don't have that, then it was Diana Ross etc. That's the reason why Chalky once again played Jimmy Mack, and my set at the end was far more Mowtowny than I had planned. As you said though, the dance floor was the main judge imo :thumbsup:

Difficult trying to find a happy medium when we do get such a mixed crowd, and it is very mixed. Glad you still enjoyed it, and enjoyed the food after, just had a Samosa for dinner :D

Best, Dave.

Hi Dave,

Was always meant to be constructive mate.

As I said what Warwick set out to do it does it with excellence. :thumbup:

Don't forget about next Saturday night.

You'll be having them for tea and supper as well.................for the next week :lol:

Cheers

Hi Dave,

Was always meant to be constructive mate.

As I said what Warwick set out to do it does it with excellence. :thumbsup:

Don't forget about next Saturday night.

You'll be having them for tea and supper as well.................for the next week :lol:

Cheers

Cheers for finding my purse Briles! :thumbup: Its traditional I lose something every time Im out!

Difficult trying to find a happy medium when we do get such a mixed crowd, and it is very mixed. Glad you still enjoyed it, and enjoyed the food after, just had a Samosa for dinner :thumbup:

Best, Dave.

Brill night Briles !!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't fault it.

A perfect evening !!!!

I thought the sound improved using the inhouse speakers at high level.

Maybe worth seeing if you could use them in future????

As for the requests for 'the snake', so what?

(still one of my favourites and I laugh every time I hear it.)

It just goes to show that there was a lot of 'newcomers' at your night and you should be commended for encouraging them to come along.

We all had to start somewhere.

The proof is on the dancefloor.

I truely believe that the future of Northern Nights lay with the Scooterists and Mod revival and who cares if the first N/S record they heard is off a TV advert.

If not, in a few years time, you will not get on the dancefloor because of all the Zimmer frames.!!!

hahahahahahahaha

I'll take my serious head off now !!

Once again:

Great night Boys.

Thank you.

Del.

Oxford Soul Club,

And sole occupant of Planet Del.

Brill night Briles !!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't fault it.

A perfect evening !!!!

I thought the sound improved using the inhouse speakers at high level.

Maybe worth seeing if you could use them in future????

As for the requests for 'the snake', so what?

(still one of my favourites and I laugh every time I hear it.)

It just goes to show that there was a lot of 'newcomers' at your night and you should be commended for encouraging them to come along.

We all had to start somewhere.

The proof is on the dancefloor.

I truely believe that the future of Northern Nights lay with the Scooterists and Mod revival and who cares if the first N/S record they heard is off a TV advert.

If not, in a few years time, you will not get on the dancefloor because of all the Zimmer frames.!!!

hahahahahahahaha

I'll take my serious head off now !!

Once again:

Great night Boys.

Thank you.

Del.

Oxford Soul Club,

And sole occupant of Planet Del.

Thanks Del, I believe you are right with regard the future mate, and lets not rush them or put them off. The Club have said we are ok to use their system, so we will :thumbsup:

Great night guys! :thumbup:

heres my playlist

Betty Everett - Too hot to hold - VJ

Barbara Lynne - Im a good woman - Tribe

The detroit Shakers - help me find my way - Counsel

Oscar Toney - No sad song- Bell

The Superiors - What would I do - Verve

The 5 royales - Catch that teardrop - Home of the blues

Jimmy Robins - I cant please you - Jerhart

Spencer Wiggins - Lonely Man = Goldwax

The Intrigues - I'm gonna love you = Yew

The four Sonics - tell me you're mine - Sepia

Difosco - sunshine love - Earthquake

Roscoe Robinson - Thats enough - Wand

Freddie Chavez - they'll never know why - Sevens

The Short Cut Feat. Eddie Harrison - Your eyes may shine - pepper

Cliff Nobles - My love is getting stronger _ Atlantic

Mel Torme - Comin Home Baby - Atlantic

Joe Tex - I wanna be free - Soul food

Mack Rice - My baby - Lu pine

Oscar Perry - Like it was the first time - Back Beat

Timebox - Beggin _ Deram

Frankie and classicals - What shall I do - Calla

Marlena Shaw - Wade in the Water - Cadet

Robert Ward - I will fear no evil - Groove City

Diana Ross and the Supremes - Stormy - White label

Jo Armstead - A stone good lover - Giant

Thanks for having me :thumbsup:

Denise

xx

Great spot Denise , wish I'd been there to hear it ,Robert Ward ,Jo Armstead,Spencer Wiggins etc all killers !! " Detroit Shakers " is actually The Outsiders " Lonely man " [Capitol LP track ] hope you don't mind me saying [ sat here in my anorak :D ] .Cheers ,Eddie

Check out pictures in the Gallery.

Kylee wanted to swap spots, so I finished up with the task of following Hitsville Chalky :thumbsup:

It was a jumbled up set to try and keep the Soulies and Mods happy, something like this :-

Johnny Sayles - I Can't Get Enough - St. Lawrence

Tommy Navarro - I Cried My Life Away - De Jac

Isley Brothers - Tell Me It's Just a Rumour Baby - TMG

Johnny Caswell - You Don't Love Me Anymore - Decca

Frank Beverly & The Butlers - If That's What You Wanted - Sassy

Gladys Knight - Just Walk In My Shoes - Soul

Dee Clark - That's My Girl - Constellation - for Chalky's Sue

Kim Weston - I'm Still Loving You

Four Tops - Baby I need Your Loving - TMG

Supremes - Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart - Mowown

Edited by Briles

WELL WHAT A PACKED NIGHT ! THE BEST TURN OUT WITHOUT A DOUBT , WELL DONE DAVE AND JACKIE A GREAT WELL SET UP VENUE AND I THINK IT WILL OUT GROW , LAST NIGHT MANY NEW FACES GREAT TO SEE THE SCOOTER LADS THERE , AS ALWAYS CHARLIE MC , STEVE , TABS , TANSEY , BRUMMIE CARL , AND THE OXFORD LADS AND RALPH FROM NUNEATON. HAD A GOOD LAUGH ON THE WAY BACK WITH MOM AND PHIL AS PJ WAS LETTING ALL THE SECRETS OUT :thumbup: GREAT SPOTS BY ALL DJS , NOT REALLY GOING TO COMMENT ON THE MUSIC POLICY I HAVE MY OWN VIEWS :thumbsup: FEW PICS UPLOADED ON WEBSITE WARWICK PAGE.

Few spins - not in order -

Luther Ingram Orchestra - Exus Track - HIB

Eddie Spencer - If This Is Love - ARC

The Adorables - Ooh Boy - GOLDEN WORLD

Danny Woods - I want to Thank you -SMASH ( Dedicated to Mom)

Ruby Andrews - Just Loving You - Zodiac

Marv Johnson - Come On And Stop - UA

Mitch Ryder - You Get Your Kicks - NEW VOICE

Andrea Henry - I Need You Like A Baby - MGM

Virgil Henry - You Ain't Sayin Nothing New - TAMLA

Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby -TAMLA

Fourtops Shake Me Wake Me - MOTOWN

The Elgins - Heaven Must Of Sent You - VIP ( Request )

The Temptations - Girl WhyYou Wanna Make Me Blue - GORDY

The Contours - Just A Little Missunderstanding -GORDY

Martha & Vandella's - Jimmy Mack - GORDY

The Platters - Washed Ashore - MUSICOR

The Metros - Since I Found My Baby - RCA ( Plug For Live show at NCS Wolves)

The Contours - Baby Hit And Run - TMG 886

The Velvelettes - These Things Will Keep Me Loving You - SOUL

Edited by Hitsville Chalky

best atmosphere yet at warwick, dance floor was too packed to get on for the first few hours, cant be bad. lots of young fresh faces too and that has to be a good thing. there were 6 of us and everyone really enjoyed the evening so well done to all the dj`s and all involved. good real ale too :lol:

and the comment from a nameless persona about me being a brickie was priceless, still laughing now!

best atmosphere yet at warwick, dance floor was too packed to get on for the first few hours, cant be bad. lots of young fresh faces too and that has to be a good thing. there were 6 of us and everyone really enjoyed the evening so well done to all the dj`s and all involved. good real ale too :thumbsup:

and the comment from a nameless persona about me being a brickie was priceless, still laughing now!

I wanted to be a brickie (spot attendant)

But my Dad said, " No Son, you learn a trade first, !!!!"

So I went to B&Q, got a leaflet, and became a Sparky.

Del.

Edited by dcsoxford
Guest Leigh J

I wanted to be a brickie (spot attendant)

But my Dad said, " No Son, you learn a trade first, !!!!"

So I went to B&Q, got a leaflet, and became a Sparky.

Del.

Are we takin the piss ?

Edited by Leigh J

Well what a cracking night at Warwick. Shame Dave Bailey couldn't make this one as I was double decking with him. Turvey stepped in and did the first half hour of the spot (thanks for leaving me with one speaker Turv ohmy.gif ). Soon got it sorted out though! Well done Ralph.

Here's my records I played in no particular order:

They All Came Back - Scott Bros, Orch - Toddlin' Town

I Can't See Your Love - The Ballad's - Vee Jay

Look What I Got - Gerri Thomas - World (request by Burnley Dave- I think he was too busy to enjoy it) :thumbsup:

Irene and The Scotts - I'm Stuck On My Baby - Smash

I Still Love You - The Superlatives - Uptite

Stronger Than Her Love - The Flirtations - Festival

Can't Do Without You - Lee Andrews - Lost-Nite

I Can't Fight It - Lee Sain - Broach

That's Alright - Ed Crook - Tri-Sound

Nothing Can Compare To You - The Velevet Satins - General American

It's A Weakness - Joe Murphy - Vivid Records

You can't Dress Up a Broken Heart - The Lovables - Toot

Stop - Walter and the Admirations - Cover Up

Great set by Chalky as always. Thought young Kylie is coming along well as a budding young dj! But I think she is going to have to watch out for 'Auntie' Denise. Well done. Great set! Well done to Turvey for stepping in just before me. Thanks to Dave and Jackie for the hospitality. The night really did kick off the Easter break superbly! Hope some of the newcomers come along to Banbury 3rd May, they will be most welcome!

Keep dancing.

Charlie Mc

Banbury Soul Club

Great spot Denise , wish I'd been there to hear it ,Robert Ward ,Jo Armstead,Spencer Wiggins etc all killers !! " Detroit Shakers " is actually The Outsiders " Lonely man " [Capitol LP track ] hope you don't mind me saying [ sat here in my anorak :D ] .Cheers ,Eddie

laugh.gif:huh: Eddie - have you been scratching your chin? :D Thanks for the kind words. :thumbsup:

Are we takin the piss ?

Of course we are !!

After working on building sites for well over 25 years, where everyone is working in the same sh*t, the only thing to do is take the p*ss and the banter is the only thing I miss about it.

There's a million of them !!

" I was going to be a Plumber, but I wasn't thick enough !"

"I was going to be a Plasterer, but didn't have time at the week-end to learn it."

"Duct-worker-- Couldn't go into hospital to have half my brain removed and my mouth widened."

I said that to someone once and he replied " I don't see why not, you're half way there already."

But he never told me which half, hahahahahahahaha

"Electrician----- Love to be one, but couldn't live on the money"

"Chippy--- 60 years to grow the wood,,, 2 minutes to ruin it."

"Painters--- spend their time in the toilet, because they reckon 'If you can p*ss you can paint"

How many more do you want ????

Who haven't I insulted yet ????

Always remember,

Life is far too short to take yourself too seriously.

Maz and I rip each other to shreads.

BUT NEVER with malice.

Same here.

Sorry if Offended.

It's like when you turned up on a site that was a real sh*thole.

You HAD to tell yourself,

"If you cant take a joke, you shouldn't have come."

And,

"In 6 months time, we will look back and laugh at this."

If you didn't work in it, you didn't get paid.

Simply as that.

The Brickies amongst us will know what I'm talking about.

I'll take my serious head off again now !!

Del.

Guest Leigh J

Of course we are !!

After working on building sites for well over 25 years, where everyone is working in the same sh*t, the only thing to do is take the p*ss and the banter is the only thing I miss about it.

There's a million of them !!

" I was going to be a Plumber, but I wasn't thick enough !"

"I was going to be a Plasterer, but didn't have time at the week-end to learn it."

"Duct-worker-- Couldn't go into hospital to have half my brain removed and my mouth widened."

I said that to someone once and he replied " I don't see why not, you're half way there already."

But he never told me which half, hahahahahahahaha

"Electrician----- Love to be one, but couldn't live on the money"

"Chippy--- 60 years to grow the wood,,, 2 minutes to ruin it."

"Painters--- spend their time in the toilet, because they reckon 'If you can p*ss you can paint"

How many more do you want ????

Who haven't I insulted yet ????

Always remember,

Life is far too short to take yourself too seriously.

Maz and I rip each other to shreads.

BUT NEVER with malice.

Same here.

Sorry if Offended.

It's like when you turned up on a site that was a real sh*thole.

You HAD to tell yourself,

"If you cant take a joke, you shouldn't have come."

And,

"In 6 months time, we will look back and laugh at this."

If you didn't work in it, you didn't get paid.

Simply as that.

The Brickies amongst us will know what I'm talking about.

I'll take my serious head off again now !!

Del.

You A Bricklayer ?

Guest ruffsounds

Well another good night i must say, great spots by all djs who kept the floor busy all night with a mix of classic Motown and Northern with a few gems thrown in.

Dave as for speakers going down it was a pleasure to help to keep the night going by sorting the in house system for you, also glad to hear you can now use them whenever you put on your do's, but if you do intend on investing in an amp & speakers let me know as i have friends in the trade and might be able to help.

Once again well done Dave & all involved plus the dj's (Girls & lads) keep it up and see you all soon.

cheers Ralph

Guest Leigh J

No, Sparky, (and I never have met a sane one yet !!!!)

I'm The Idiot on the dancefloor wearing the hat!!!

If you see me at nights anywhere, come over and I'll buy you a beer,

I still owe Briles one from ages ago.

Del.

Oxford Soul Club

Well all Bricklayers are perfectly sane :thumbsup:

Well what a cracking night at Warwick. Shame Dave Bailey couldn't make this one as I was double decking with him. Turvey stepped in and did the first half hour of the spot (thanks for leaving me with one speaker Turv :D ). Soon got it sorted out though! Well done Ralph.

Look What I Got - Gerri Thomas - World (request by Burnley Dave- I think he was too busy to enjoy it) :thumbsup:

Great set by Chalky as always. Thought young Kylie is coming along well as a budding young dj! But I think she is going to have to watch out for 'Auntie' Denise. Well done. Great set! Well done to Turvey for stepping in just before me. Thanks to Dave and Jackie for the hospitality. The night really did kick off the Easter break superbly! Hope some of the newcomers come along to Banbury 3rd May, they will be most welcome!

Keep dancing.

Charlie Mc

Banbury Soul Club

Great playlist Charlie , nice mixture of classics and forgotten oldies [ Lee Andrews ,Lee Sain ,Lovables etc ] just the way it should be ,well done mate ,Best ,Eddie

WELL WHAT A PACKED NIGHT ! THE BEST TURN OUT WITHOUT A DOUBT , WELL DONE DAVE AND JACKIE A GREAT WELL SET UP VENUE AND I THINK IT WILL OUT GROW , LAST NIGHT MANY NEW FACES GREAT TO SEE THE SCOOTER LADS THERE , AS ALWAYS CHARLIE MC , STEVE , TABS , TANSEY , BRUMMIE CARL , AND THE OXFORD LADS AND RALPH FROM NUNEATON. HAD A GOOD LAUGH ON THE WAY BACK WITH MOM AND PHIL AS PJ WAS LETTING ALL THE SECRETS OUT :) GREAT SPOTS BY ALL DJS , NOT REALLY GOING TO COMMENT ON THE MUSIC POLICY I HAVE MY OWN VIEWS :D FEW PICS UPLOADED ON WEBSITE WARWICK PAGE.

We finally made it to Warwick after all these months of not being able to get there because of one thing or another, travelling up with Chalky & Sue.

A very well attended night, nice to see brummie Carl & Heather, Jackie & Dave, Have to say that Chalky Son was on top form as always playing to the dancefloor and what the punters want!!......love watching this guy Dj and what a performer!!.... :thumbsup:

Well done to everyone at Warwick, hope to be back some time in the near future.

Suzy xx

Guest Mrs Simsy

Was a top night in my opinion! Great to see everybody & fantastic that they dancefloor was full all night! :D

Great sets from all the DJs!

I haven't slept much since Friday night but heres a few that i spinned (not in order!)

Darrow Fletcher- What good am i

Luther Ingram- If it's all the same to you babe

MVPs- Turning my heartbeat up

Howard Tate- Baby i love you

Major Lance- You don't want me no more

Walter & The Admirations- Man o Man (a dedication to my 12 year old brother as it's his favourite song!)

Lorriane Chandler- I can't Change

Geri Hall- Who can i run to

Shirley Ellis- Soul Time

The Vel-Vets- I got to find me somebody.

Thanks for having me Briles & Jacqui! See you soon! :thumbsup:

Big thank you to Sian for taking us there & back (the singing on the way home was marvellous! :D )

Well what a cracking night at Warwick. Shame Dave Bailey couldn't make this one as I was double decking with him. Turvey stepped in and did the first half hour of the spot (thanks for leaving me with one speaker Turv :D ). Soon got it sorted out though! Well done Ralph.

Look What I Got - Gerri Thomas - World (request by Burnley Dave- I think he was too busy to enjoy it) :D

Keep dancing.

Charlie Mc

Banbury Soul Club

GREAT SPOT MATE MY KNID OF FELLOW SEE YA SOON BUDDY

Reflecting on everything, playlists etc, we believe it was a great night. Could not believe how many turned up to support, almost 180 and record bar takings for the club which means they are happy. DJ's playlist prove there was something for everyone (or almost) and the DJ's were supported by numbers on the floor.

Big thanks to our reliable friends who spin these tunes for us. Lets see in May what type of crowd we get - can't wait. Thanks for all the kind words of encouragment from people on this thread. Just need to settle and move forward imo.

Best, Dave

Was a top night in my opinion! Great to see everybody & fantastic that they dancefloor was full all night! :thumbsup:

Great sets from all the DJs!

I haven't slept much since Friday night but heres a few that i spinned (not in order!)

Darrow Fletcher- What good am i

Luther Ingram- If it's all the same to you babe

MVPs- Turning my heartbeat up

Howard Tate- Baby i love you

Major Lance- You don't want me no more

Walter & The Admirations- Man o Man (a dedication to my 12 year old brother as it's his favourite song!)

Lorriane Chandler- I can't Change

Geri Hall- Who can i run to

Shirley Ellis- Soul Time

The Vel-Vets- I got to find me somebody.

====

hey kylee - great stuff mate - look forward to similar in a few weeks time girl!