The New Wilton

let me be the first to say a big thank you to mouse boxy and jerry etc for a great night the place was heaving all night the floor was full allnight and the djs excelled themselves if the first night was any thing to go bythe new wilton wil be the no1 nighter to go to congrats to the three amigos your hard work payed off :thumbsup:rolleyes.gif:D:thumbup::rolleyes: keith c

• Replies 58
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest ang b

Hi Harry, it was also nice to meet you guys & a few more, after a bad start to the night for me, throwing up in the car for 1 half hours & excrutiating pains in my head, i thought i was dying, but managed to come back in & have a good dance till we left at 5, the freindly atmosphere & good venue, but what a long journey in the snow, great to meet up with Helen & freinds Di & Harry, Sharon & hubby& freinds & Del T,Baz & everyone else :thumbsup:laugh.gif

Edited by ang b

Keith you are a star (even though i couldnt get out of the car) :thumbsup:laugh.gif my god how embarrassing, an amazing night, it had the lot superb people, superb music, superb venue and last but not least superb bar (no last orders whey hey i was in my element) it was fab to meet all my new pals off SS you are all wonderful Ang, Paul, chalky, out on the floor, kylee,ezzie (luv ya) and last but not least Debbie and Tim from all the way down in loughbourgh thanks for making the trip you are lovely :D will speak soon THANKS TO YOU ALL I HAD A BALL I REALLY DID luv Di xxxx and thanks Dave for coming for us, Steve&shaz for taking us and the lovely keith for gettin us home safe and sound see you all in may xxxx

Keith you are a star (even though i couldnt get out of the car) :thumbsup:laugh.gif my god how embarrassing, an amazing night, it had the lot superb people, superb music, superb venue and last but not least superb bar (no last orders whey hey i was in my element) it was fab to meet all my new pals off SS you are all wonderful Ang, Paul, chalky, out on the floor, kylee,ezzie (luv ya) and last but not least Debbie and Tim from all the way down in loughbourgh thanks for making the trip you are lovely :D will speak soon THANKS TO YOU ALL I HAD A BALL I REALLY DID luv Di xxxx and thanks Dave for coming for us, Steve&shaz for taking us and the lovely keith for gettin us home safe and sound see you all in may xxxx

it was my pleausure no problem as for the getting stuck bit it only took those workmen a couple of minutes to pull you out once they had the rope tied properly k...

it was my pleausure no problem as for the getting stuck bit it only took those workmen a couple of minutes to pull you out once they had the rope tied properly k...

:thumbsup:laugh.gif:D DON'T xxxxxxx

Hi Harry, it was also nice to meet you guys & a few more,

Why don't I ever get introduced to anybody off here? :D

Wasn't going to go... but I'm weak, what can I say :thumbsup:

The old place has definitely had an upgrade... but it's still the same old Wilton... only now its got a cracking new dance floor.

I loved it... one of the best floors I've had the honour of making myself look an idiot on for ages!

Somehow managed to fight our way through the wind and the blizzard to get there sometime around 2.30am.

The minute we walked through the door there was a great buzz about the place from ... took me back to Wilton days of old. That place used to rock... and I mean ROCK!

What I love about coming here is that you know you are going to see mates you don't see often enough... namely those gorgeous North East guys and gal (Headsy). :P

I can't believe the amount of people Tony said were in there last night that I didn't see... how the hell did you manage that guys! :lol:

The music was spontaneous and unpredictable... just how I like it... with each hour bringing something different to the table.

That's what I love about collector's nights... not knowing what's going to come next... keeps you on your toes.

Great sets by all DJ's... although spot of the night for me goes to Kev J and Headsy... 10 out of 10 guys... you get record of the night also... Voltaires - My Baby - Bacone :thumbup:

Can I also say how great the staff were last night. There were loads of them... all smiling and helpful... makes a hell of a difference.

None of them however had a smile to match the one that was melted onto Mouse's face once the lights went up.

He said... "I've waited 15 years for a smile like this one Joan" ...

Long may it continue.

Well done guys!

Why don't I ever get introduced to anybody off here? :P

The old place has definitely had an upgrade... but it's still the same old Wilton... only now its got a cracking new dance floor.

I loved it... one of the best floors I've had the honour of making myself look an idiot on for ages!

Somehow managed to fight our way through the wind and the blizzard to get there sometime around 2.30am.

The minute we walked through the door there was a great buzz about the place from ... took me back to Wilton days of old. That place used to rock... and I mean ROCK!

What I love about coming here is that you know you are going to see mates you don't see often enough... namely those gorgeous North East guys and gal (Headsy). :P

I can't believe the amount of people Tony said were in there last night that I didn't see... how the hell did you manage that guys! :D

The music was spontaneous and unpredictable... just how I like it... with each hour bringing something different to the table.

That's what I love about collector's nights... not knowing what's going to come next... keeps you on your toes.

Great sets by all DJ's... although spot of the night for me goes to Kev J and Headsy... 10 out of 10 guys... you get record of the night also... Voltaires - My Baby - Bacone :lol:

Can I also say how great the staff were last night. There were loads of them... all smiling and helpful... makes a hell of a difference.

None of them however had a smile to match the one that was melted onto Mouse's face once the lights went up.

Long may it continue.

Well done guys!

Thought i`d seen you joan, but as i say the bar was open till 5.30 and i had been sat with charlie & eileen taylor all night [say no more] :lol: next time i will introduce myself, TOP NIGHT :thumbup:

Thought i`d seen you joan, but as i say the bar was open till 5.30 and i had been sat with charlie & eileen taylor all night [say no more] :thumbup: next time i will introduce myself, TOP NIGHT :thumbsup:

Jeez... and those two cabbages being two of our bestest mates ever.

A girl could get a complex :lol:

BLIMEY !!!!!!!!!!! NEVER SAW YOU JOAN..SORRY !! I WAS TREADING THE OWD BOARDS A WEE BIT THOUGH WHEN NOT CHATTING WITH SOME TOP FOLK I'VE NOT SEEN FOR BLOOMING AGES !!!!!

WHAT A BRILLIANT NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A CRACKING VENUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT ACE PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT FAB STAFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME & CARLOS .....NO LONGER 'WILTON VIRGINS' ..CAN'T BELIEVE I'VE PASSED THIS UP SO MANY TIMES !

SORRY GUYS !!!!! KAREN & PETE BURKE HAVE BEEN ON MY CASE TO GO FOR YEARS AND FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER

IT'S NEVER HAPPENED.................. BUT HEY ! BOY OH BOY ! IT HAS NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

HAD ONE OF THE BEST NIGHTS I'VE HAD IN YEARS ..CHEERS MOUSE & THE GANG ! SO GLAD I FINALLY GOT MY ARSE IN GEAR !!!!!!!!!!! WHAT GEARS THAT THEN ? ( ERRRR !!! NOTHING CONSTABLE )

JUST CAN'T THINK OF ENOUGH SUPERLATIVES TO EXPRESS MY JOY AT SEEING SO MANY GREAT FRIENDS UNDER ONE ROOF (AS IT SHOULD BE !) ...........

FOR ME THE FLOOR HAS TO BE RIGHT AND ONCE I'D GOT MY SEA-LEGS THERE WAS NO TURNING BACK...HAD TO BE TOLD FIVE TIMES THAT WE HAD TO GO..AS ARRANGED ( BUSY WEEKEND , THIS WAS OUR SECOND NIGHT IN A ROW AND MORE TO COME !) JUST DIDN'T WANNA GO ............TOP TUNES FROM ALL (WHAT iI HERAD WHEN NOT GABBING !) CARL & MARIA..WELL GOOD PALS BUT HAVE TO SAY .........'IT WAS THE BUSINESS' AND YEAH HOPE IT'S NOT ANOTHER 14 YEARS AS CARL JOKED BEFORE THEY'RE WEAVING THEIR MAGIC ON THE OWD DECKS AT THIS FANTASTIC VENUE................CLASS !!!!!!!!!!!

TOP LINE-UP FOR NEXT ONE CHAPS ! RECKON YOU'LL HAVE TO PUT UP WITH ME AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

' HEY MR WATSON..............SORRY BOUT THAT '

OH AND KIRSTY SORRY BOUT THE ARMPITS BUT I HAVE A HABIT OF LEAKING (MY SKIN THAT IS ) ALL BATHED NOW SWEETHEART I JUST KNOW YOU'LL BE OVER THE MOON WITH THAT BIT OF NEWS ! AND I WASHED MYSELF :thumbsup: BY THE WAY DID ANYONE EVER WIN YOUR BEAU IN THAT RAFFLE ??? PRAY TELL !!!!!! CYA SOON !

CPTN M & GENERALISIMO VA

Edited by bearsoul

the honour of first dance on the fab new floor was down to me - by strict instruction by Mr Box

it was great being back at the Wilton, especially now its so posh (shall be wearing a Margot Leadbetter full length frock next time)

some great records played, but think I only managed to dance half a dozen times thanks to cramp in my calves and my evil stepmother casting a spell on my feet turning them into eagles talons - great for catching small furry mammels as a snack, but rubbish for dancing in.

sorry to everyone that stood still enough for me to be able to talk at them... you'll need to be quicker and avoid eye contact next time

great to see style icon Sue Henderson, Pete and Izzy for the first time in years, my mum Gail, the bionic man himself Mick Howard (not the Bury imposter, but the proper one), the beautiful and clever Mrs Rhodes, Joan and Tony, little tiny Ian Cunliffe, The Peakes and everyone else that I don't see very often due to my parenting responsibilies

thanks to the Holmes for my chocolate bunny: Kim for my cream egg that melted in my pocket: Karen for giving me some large scissors and pile of fliers and instructions to cut.. she then wandered off leaving me unsupervised. This is not something that she'll do again as only the top flier was printed in the direction I cut, so I effectively wrecked a huge pile and then sat on her hat when she told me off :thumbsup: oh and finally for Rosemary and Catweasle making my dreams to be a bridesmaid come true and letting me be one at there wedding next year

have I missed anyone out, or anything off? only details of the nighter itself... but everythings a bit of a blur at the moment so I shall leave that job to someone sensible this time

can I have a trophy now?

OH AND KIRSTY SORRY BOUT THE ARMPITS BUT I HAVE A HABIT OF LEAKING (MY SKIN THAT IS ) ALL BATHED NOW SWEETHEART I JUST KNOW YOU'LL BE OVER THE MOON WITH THAT BIT OF NEWS ! AND I WASHED MYSELF :thumbsup: BY THE WAY DID ANYONE EVER WIN YOUR BEAU IN THAT RAFFLE ??? PRAY TELL !!!!!! CYA SOON !

CPTN M & GENERALISIMO VA

that Carlos has loose lips....

glad you've stopped smelling like a soap-dodger, I'll be able to sleep tonight now you've put my mind at ease...

that husband of mine chickened out of being a raffle prize, but I'm thinking of putting up for auction. do you think I'd raise much money....

that Carlos has loose lips....

glad you've stopped smelling like a soap-dodger, I'll be able to sleep tonight now you've put my mind at ease...

that husband of mine chickened out of being a raffle prize, but I'm thinking of putting up for auction. do you think I'd raise much money....

SOAP-DODGER !!!!!!!!!!!! I SMELT LIKE A SPRING-DAY UNTIL I'D DANCED MY BUTT OFF FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS...WHAT ELSE COULD I DO! ...PERHAPS I COULD TIE A DEAD BADGER ROUND ME NECK AS A COUNTERBALANCE TO MY (CLEARLY) OFFENSIVE PITS ! ME MAM WOULD HAVE SAID 'DYA WANNA SEE ME A**E............BUT SHE ALWAYS HAD A RAPID QUICK-FIRE WITTICISM TO FIRE OFF AT WILL (WHOEVE HE IS ) !

VIVA WILTON.....STILL BUZZING...TOP DRAWER Y'ALL !!!!!!

KIRSTY PERHAPS IF YOU LIST HIS TALENTS ........PRESENTATION IS EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DOUBT IF YOU'VE ASKED MICHAEL ? HAVE YA ? HE SHOULD BE CANNONISED !!!!!! ST MICHAEL ......DOES HAVE A CERTAIN RING TO IT...NOW WHERE HAVE I SEEN THAT NAME BEFORE ??????????

CPTN M XX

Jeez... and those two cabbages being two of our bestest mates ever.

A girl could get a complex :thumbsup:

Yeh you know the crack with eileen, i`ll tell you one day the story of when i first introduced DI to her at the C.I.S poor DI if i said CASPER THE GHOST do you get me, TOP COUPLE god ive nearly known them as long as my MAM!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Well after all the expectation the Wilton re-opening was just a night to remember,one that will be talked about for many moons to come.Good to see all the usual suspects putting in appearances & some old face coming to see what the new look Wilton was all about.Had a great time just catching up with plenty of friends I hadn't seen since the last Wilton. Thought the music was top notch with all sets bringing something new to the decks,just how it should be.The dancefloor was rammed all night with people just wanting to have a good boogie & all the dj's certainly gave them plenty of top tunes to work with.It was a pleasure to dj to a dancefloor willing to take each record on it's merits & such a laugh djing with old mate Jerry who was having as much fun behind the decks as the dancers in front of them. So spread the word...............the Wilton is back.

Playlist in no particular order.............. Larry Williams-I'd Rather Fight Than Switch OKeh Joe & George-No One Loves You Now Keni Lewis-What's Her Name Buddah Mickey Murray-East Of Nowhere SSS Int LP Dolly Gibson-I Get Shook Arco Pauline Shivers-You Better Tell Him No O-Pex Superiors-I'd Rather Die Sue Levon & The Hawks-He Don't Love You Atco Marshall & The Chi-Lites-Price Of Love Dakar Carl Carlton-I Can Feel It Back Beat Salem Travelers-Give Me Me Liberty Or Death Checker Decisions-I Can't Forget About You Sussex Brothers Of Soul-Hurry,Don't Linger Boo

Cheers

Martyn

www.hullsoulclub.com

:thumbsup:YES TOP NIGHT GOOD CROWD AND PLENTY OF NEW FACES WAS A PLEASURE TO D.J. ALLWAYS IS.

FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO KNOW WHAT MY PLAY LIST.THING IN THIS ORDER.

MAMMIE.P.GALORE..NO RIGHT TO CRY.. SACK,JON TEE..YOU MADE A LOVER OUT OF ME..JAY-TONE,EUGENE JEFFERSON..LITTLE GIRL DRESSED IN BROWN..OPEN,CHOCOLATE COMPANY..WALK ON BY..EUREKA,THE DIPLOMATS..DON'T LET LOVE PASS BY..C/UP,DEANNA BREWER..IV'E GOTTA KNOW..LEMCO,FANTASTIC EPICS..LETS GET TOGETHER..KELTON,FOUR SIGHTS..LOVE IS A HURTING GAME..SHY-SOUL,ERNIE&ED..INDICATION..JAYBOY,CHRYSLER WITH THE MONARCHS BAND..I'M NOT GONNA LOSE..JE-JODY,THEE NITE DREAMERS..COUNT DOWN TO SHOW DOWN..ALWIN,DREAM TEAM..I'M NOT SATISFIED..GREGORY RECORDS.REALLY ENJOY MYSELF AND HOPE EVER BODY ELSE DID REGARDS JOHN"O"

Got to say, the Wilton looks fantastic now.....and the 2 most important things, the dance floor and the sound system, are both superb........Fantastic turn out for the lads and lasses.......loads of top people there , I spent all night talking rubbish. Just noticed loads of people there that I never even saw. :thumbsup: hello Joan & Tony. :thumbup: Well done to all concerned. Next months line up is mouth watering........

Well.. I mean, It was like a 'Home Coming' wern't it !! Back whence once belonged ! And boy did it feel good, no - in fact even better than previous.

It really felt like.. it was only the time between two 'normal' successive 'niters at the Wilton since I'd last seen so many of my old cohorts who, in actual fact, most I'd not seen for a good five years or so !! Some, even, eight !!

Soooooo many faces it was truly excelllent to converse with once more. Topped off by loads of newer 'friends' met more recently around the country.

Music.. as per 'The Wilton' included something for everyone - don't believe I could confess to hearing a 'bad' tune all evening. For me, personally, top honours for the 'providers of toons' see's a tie between the exceptional talents of Monsieur & Madamme Willingham together with the incredibly awesome playbox and talents of Mr Really Top, Top, Ever-so-nice-as-nice-could-possibly-be.. Mr Chicago himself, 'Shane Cox'.

Top Nite, Top Music & Top People !! TOP !

Got to say this was the best night Ive had at the Wilton Ive still got a smile right across my face, Great Night Great music great pepole meet some new folk

Nice to meet Baz A, Not been to bed yet and still partying at home, Just cant wait for the next one, lets hope its a full house for that one too :thumbsup:

Top nite really enjoyed it and what a packer pity we had to leave early

great company in my car Phil Threfall and the bonkers Carl Farrington

Kirsty i nearly choked on the freekin lolly you gave me on the way out of the

car park serves me right for being greedy takin two :thumbsup:

x Ian C

fantastic night,unfortunately had to leave early,the horrendous weather conditions didn't put anybody off,the place was packed,too many top sounds to mention,alright I will mention,districts,vee gees,ernie johnson,out-a-sites,shirley karol had me up there,thought the dancefloor could probably do with a polish,bit sticky early on,new decor,freindly staff,all the boxes ticked,top night :thumbsup:

Mick

Hi All,

I hope Im not gonna be too contraversial but...

New refurbed venue, crowd, company and atmosphere were EXCELLENT.

But.. my only criticism would be pairing off the DJ's all night. Whilst I think I understand the reason behind doing it, I dont think they all bounced off one another during their respective spots and IMO the music variations from record to record just didn't always gel together because of it.

Im sure most of the DJ's would be happier playing a suited continuous flow of music from their collections as a solo performance rather than as a duet.

I know you cant taylor everything to suit everyones needs but if Im totally honest I was a bit disappointed with some of the playlists but would openly admit that the majority of people had an awesome time. Not to say that I didn't, because the company and crowd were terrific across the piece.

Only my opinion folks...

Al

Yes Joan! It was uplifting to see Mouse (John) with that beaming smile on his face when the lights came on after the last record at 7am--ish.I had spoken to him couple of days before and he wasn't feeling as well as he wished to be,so it was a pleasure to see that he had picked up' some' to be able to enjoy the deserved success of the WILTONS RE-OPENING;of which he had put in 100% (and more) of selfless effort and thought to make it one 

of the BEST and BRILLIANT nights for all who supported and attended this 15th anniversary/'NEW'wilton special.

All the DJ's spots were excellent;(but Kev and Headsy got my X.'FREAKIN' WOW FACTOR vote for bestest 5am-6am spot EVER).Plus The friendly and buzzy atmosphere created by everyone in this venue contributed to making this a specia

l and enjoyable

night (hopefully)for all who supported it.

Lets hope the Wilton can continue with the same support and success at future nighters that was achieved for this re-opening/annivursary night.I truly hope so;i know its not just my personal favourite nighter;(Its the choice of many others on the scene as well)and were not exactly spoilt or over-run with nighters to go to this side of pennines if (foregive

my language)there weren't a Wilton for us to meet up in and enjoy the music and scene.

As stated in previous posts;the DJ line up is spot on for the next nighter date.guaranteein

a good night yet again.

Soo Holmes

let me be the first to say a big thank you to mouse boxy and jerry etc for a great night the place was heaving all night the floor was full allnight and the djs excelled themselves if the first night was any thing to go bythe new wilton wil be the no1 nighter to go to congrats to the three amigos your hard work payed off :thumbsup::thumbup::D:lol::lol: keith c

:(:g:

Hmmm!see you have omitted the couple of little winges you ranted on to me about for mega yonx- keithy matey.Ya know! the one where you said you were unhappy bunny bout having to (Q )for drinks at bar beer.gif  for the furst time ever and ever and ever.

:(

Oh!Yes--mefinx you were tad moany (LICKLE BIT)bout??????now have I got this rite?wasn't the nasty shiny floor making your size ?(must be size 11:s)shoes stop you from doing slidey dancing ?It were proppa slidy under my pumps.How slidy d'ya

want it chuck?so slidy you could do orville and deans bolero on it. 

titter-guffaw-chuckle--own-leeee pulling ya leg my buddy/matey

YOU DID GURLY MOANY THO DIDNT YOU ?BUT JUS ONLY TO ME.I wont tell anyone tho

cos they;re only titchy winges.

Sori!couldnt resist being cheeky.You'll get me back sometime

LUV YOOOO

Matey Soo H

Yes Joan! It was uplifting to see Mouse (John) with that beaming smile on his face when the lights came on after the last record at 7am--ish.I had spoken to him couple of days before and he wasn't feeling as well as he wished to be,so it was a pleasure to see that he had picked up' some' to be able to enjoy the deserved success of the WILTONS RE-OPENING;of which he had put in 100% (and more) of selfless effort and thought to make it one

of the BEST and BRILLIANT nights for all who supported and attended this 15th anniversary/'NEW'wilton special.

All the DJ's spots were excellent;(but Kev and Headsy got my X.'FREAKIN' WOW FACTOR vote for bestest 5am-6am spot EVER).Plus The friendly and buzzy atmosphere created by everyone in this venue contributed to making this a specia

l and enjoyable

night (hopefully)for all who supported it.

Lets hope the Wilton can continue with the same support and success at future nighters that was achieved for this re-opening/annivursary night.I truly hope so;i know its not just my personal favourite nighter;(Its the choice of many others on the scene as well)and were not exactly spoilt or over-run with nighters to go to this side of pennines if (foregive

my language)there weren't a Wilton for us to meet up in and enjoy the music and scene.

As stated in previous posts;the DJ line up is spot on for the next nighter date.guaranteein

a good night yet again.

Soo Holmes

Oh! Forgot to mention - the venue defo saw a significant change via the refurb... but SOOOO glad they decided not to extend that to the greeting at the 'pay & go' counter.. Defo wouldn't be the same without the ever upbeat and give as good as you get banter you can rely on from the Wilton Entrance Posse.

Such a pleasure (and 'part' of Wilton, for me) to be met by the delectable, adorable (albeit one-armed) Sue.. along with the ever reliable and capable assistance from her 'crew'. Nice one Ladies :thumbsup:

A pleasure also to catch up with Mr Holmes (Nooooo.. NOT Sherlock ya divs) Chris (the man) Holmes. Just like the old day's mate, eh ??

Fingers.. (with a satisfied feeling to his entire being as a result of this pilgramage). :D:thumbup:

Why don't I ever get introduced to anybody off here? :lol:

What I love about coming here is that you know you are going to see mates you don't see often enough... namely those gorgeous North East guys and gal (Headsy). :g:

I can't believe the amount of people Tony said were in there last night that I didn't see... how the hell did you manage that guys! :D

Great sets by all DJ's... although spot of the night for me goes to Kev J and Headsy... 10 out of 10 guys... you get record of the night also... Voltaires - My Baby - Bacone :thumbup:

Long may it continue.

Well done guys!

Well !! I really don't belieeeeeeve it.. that's three in a row, Joan !! How DO we manage to achieve that ??.. being at the same venue - and manage not to come across each others person the entire night !??!

I'm begining to wonder if, perhaps, we were both chameleons in a previous life ?? How is it even possible ?? unless we both unconsciously adapted our appearences, so as to blend in to the backround, if either of us came within 20 paces of each other !??!

What's your theory Joan ??

(A pondering) Fingers.. :(:lol:

:shhh::wicked:

Hmmm!see you have omitted the couple of little winges you ranted on to me about for mega yonx- keithy matey.Ya know! the one where you said you were unhappy bunny bout having to (Q )for drinks at bar beer.gif for the furst time ever and ever and ever.

:lol:

Oh!Yes--mefinx you were tad moany (LICKLE BIT)bout??????now have I got this rite?wasn't the nasty shiny floor making your size ?(must be size 11:s)shoes stop you from doing slidey dancing ?It were proppa slidy under my pumps.How slidy d'ya

want it chuck?so slidy you could do orville and deans bolero on it.

titter-guffaw-chuckle--own-leeee pulling ya leg my buddy/matey

YOU DID GURLY MOANY THO DIDNT YOU ?BUT JUS ONLY TO ME.I wont tell anyone tho

cos they;re only titchy winges.

Sori!couldnt resist being cheeky.You'll get me back sometime

LUV YOOOO

Matey Soo H

dear soo. i think you must have me mistaken for someone else as you know im not one to moan but....i may have been waiting for the right record ,the floor did have a shine tho...as for getting you back would i ......youd best stock up on ear plugs.. k

HAVING READ THE OTHER REVIEWS CAN ONLY AGREE, GREAT NIGHT, VENUE & PEOPLE.

HAVE JUST REALISED THAT AT THE END OF THE NIGHT I HAD LEFT MY NUMARK PORTABLE RECORD PLAYER IN A BLACK SHOULDER BAG WITH HEADPHONES ETC.

IF ANY OF YOU KINDLY 'SOULS' THAT WERE THERE DID PICK IT UP WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD LET ME KNOW.

REGARDS

ROGER

:lol: Hi Mr Fingers.Fank you for the kind words in this WILTON thread.Am chuft your pleased with the welcome I gave you.I have been doing the "door"for a number of years now.I enjoy it cos I love the WILTON;

have made many friends doing this job and got to know all the regulars(yes! I DO notice when they are not there)and most of all 

I do it for my dearest matey and boss,MOUSE.First impressions are SOOOO important and can make someone either feel welcome or NOT.And Yes!I KNOW I can gab for england;but I always welcome every single person who walks thru that door with a big smile and a few words to greet them(even the very odd few who aint gonna smile -no matter how hard I try)in the hope it makes folk realise how important their support is at this gra

nd little venue of ours.

Its only when I get to know folk a bit better,like you Mr Fingers,that I get a bit cheeky.Its defo not intended to offend folk when I banter with them;so I am pleased that your comment on my door skills were of a positive nature.Its just so nice ,for once,to be noticed and appreciated for what I do on the door and the positive im

pact it has on the paying supporters.

Each and every one in the venue  are important part of that little wheel that makes it what it is;so heartfelt appreciation "YOUNG" Johnny for letting me know I am an important little cog in that wheel.Oh!you are just so gonna get world class attention and hospitatitality from now on.Are you going to try and get Sue to come and visit us at the next one.It would be blummin grand to see her again.take care matey.

much luv

Soo Holmes

Didn't know which thread to put this on: Wilton or New Wilton, so I've put it on both!!

The Wilton. The old Wilton was definitely still there: refurbishment left just enough of the old Wilton intact to maintain familiar surroundings. The Wilton regulars came out in force and did us proud, thanks, thanks, thanks. It just can't happen without you, the fans.

New Wilton. We worked with the management to create just enough refurb to bring the place up to the 21st century without destroying the old image completely. I must say, from your comments, we probably got it just about right. The new management and staff have been with us from the start and as mentioned already, had a friendly attitude throughout the night: a great team, headed by Grant and Tracey who, before the event, had no idea what to expect at a northern allnighter, but thought the fans were real nice people and whole thing was great success. They are looking forward to the next one. They even enjoyed the music, so maybe next time they'll be on the dance floor! Their plans are going ahead to build on additional rooms, so the Wilton can only get better.

It was great to see many old faces back at the Wilton. Hope after the success of last night they are back with us for good. Quite a few from the Frobisher soul nights came early and kept the dance floor busy early doors. Very few people took advantage of the refund, most stayed on quite late through the night. Around 350 people attended and many arrived early, and the whole place was rocking, with a full dance floor very early on.

I'd like to thank all the DJs. All did great sets. The Wilton Collectors' nights are always something special and this one was no exception. Like to thank Arthur Fenn and Maria O for honouring their commitments to the Wilton, even though they had to be at Heathrow by 8am Saturday, their flight leaving at 10am for Australia.

Wilton stalwarts, Roger and Jenny Banks, were at the venue by 8pm to set up their dealer table. They've always been great supporters of the Wilton. After packing up, they left a portable record player behind. After searching, the management couldn't find it; the whole place was turned over to set up a comedy night the following night, so nothing was left behind. I'm sure somebody must have picked it up, wondering who it belonged to, so, come on guys, do the honourable (soulful) thing that the soul crowd are renowned for - honesty - and contact Roger and arrange for it to be returned. His telephone number is 0115 921 2549.

Next Wilton date is 2nd May, with a great DJ line up to die for: Roger Banks, Colin Denham, Andy Dyson, Mick H, Marco (celebrating his 40th birthday), Keith Money, John Weston, with Boxy, Jerry and Mouse.

All that's left to say is thanks to everyone who attended. We can set the dates, set up the venue, book the DJs, but it's you, the fans, who create the atmosphere. There's no doubt about the success of our 15th anniversary special. The New Wilton must now be one of the top nighters in the country, let's keep it there. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

Info: www.wheatsheaf.com/all_nighters/index.html

Boxy.

post-451-1206278687_thumb.jpg

Didn't know which thread to put this on: Wilton or New Wilton, so I've put it on both!!

The Wilton. The old Wilton was definitely still there: refurbishment left just enough of the old Wilton intact to maintain familiar surroundings. The Wilton regulars came out in force and did us proud, thanks, thanks, thanks. It just can't happen without you, the fans.

New Wilton. We worked with the management to create just enough refurb to bring the place up to the 21st century without destroying the old image completely. I must say, from your comments, we probably got it just about right. The new management and staff have been with us from the start and as mentioned already, had a friendly attitude throughout the night: a great team, headed by Grant and Tracey who, before the event, had no idea what to expect at a northern allnighter, but thought the fans were real nice people and whole thing was great success. They are looking forward to the next one. They even enjoyed the music, so maybe next time they'll be on the dance floor! Their plans are going ahead to build on additional rooms, so the Wilton can only get better.

It was great to see many old faces back at the Wilton. Hope after the success of last night they are back with us for good. Quite a few from the Frobisher soul nights came early and kept the dance floor busy early doors. Very few people took advantage of the refund, most stayed on quite late through the night. Around 350 people attended and many arrived early, and the whole place was rocking, with a full dance floor very early on.

I'd like to thank all the DJs. All did great sets. The Wilton Collectors' nights are always something special and this one was no exception. Like to thank Arthur Fenn and Maria O for honouring their commitments to the Wilton, even though they had to be at Heathrow by 8am Saturday, their flight leaving at 10am for Australia.

Wilton stalwarts, Roger and Jenny Banks, were at the venue by 8pm to set up their dealer table. They've always been great supporters of the Wilton. After packing up, they left a portable record player behind. After searching, the management couldn't find it; the whole place was turned over to set up a comedy night the following night, so nothing was left behind. I'm sure somebody must have picked it up, wondering who it belonged to, so, come on guys, do the honourable (soulful) thing that the soul crowd are renowned for - honesty - and contact Roger and arrange for it to be returned. His telephone number is 0115 921 2549.

Next Wilton date is 2nd May, with a great DJ line up to die for: Roger Banks, Colin Denham, Andy Dyson, Mick H, Marco (celebrating his 40th birthday), Keith Money, John Weston, with Boxy, Jerry and Mouse.

All that's left to say is thanks to everyone who attended. We can set the dates, set up the venue, book the DJs, but it's you, the fans, who create the atmosphere. There's no doubt about the success of our 15th anniversary special. The New Wilton must now be one of the top nighters in the country, let's keep it there. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

Info: www.wheatsheaf.com/all_nighters/index.html

Boxy.

Roger's record player has been found - great news.

Edited by Boxy

IT WAS AN HONOUR AND A PRIVELEDGE TO BE ASKED TO SPIN A FEW DISCS AT SUCH AN EVENT.I AM DELIGHTED THAT MOUSE,GERRI AND BOXY GOT SUCH A RESPONSE,I HONESTLY THINK HAND ON HEART THAT PEOPLE HAD JUST MISSED THE WILTON FULL STOP.

TO ME THESE DAYS IT IS JUST NICE TO GO AWAY WITH MY MATES,LADS I HAVE TRAVELLED AWAY WITH SINCE 1978 AND JUST HAVE A BLOOMING BRILLAINT LAUGH AND A GIGGLE! COL DENHAM IS THE FUNNIEST PERSON I HAVE EVER MET [MR USB TORNADO]!

I THINK ITS EASY SOMETIMES TO LOOSE TRACK OF THE FACT THAT THE FRIENDSHIPS,CAMARARDIE,ETC OFTEN PLAY SEC0ND FIDDLE TO THE MUSIC,WELL NOT IN MY EYES,IT WAS GREAT TO PUT NAMES TO FACES [sOUL SOURCE UNITES US ALL IN THAT RESPECT]GREAT TO MEET EVERYONE I HAVE CHATTED WITH ON HERE!

AS FOR THE NIGHT ITSELF WELL FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR PERFECT SETS ETC,THATS NOT GONNA HAPPEN,RECORD COLLECTORS ARE A FUNNY UNIQUE BREED,LETS NOT GET CARRIED AWAY HERE AND EVERYONE WILL HAVE THEIR OWN SUBJECTIVE VIEW ON WHAT HAS WORKED FOR THEM ETC!

IT WAS A PLEASURE TO SPIN A FEW TUNES WITH DUNGAN AND I AM ALSO DELIGHTED THAT THE NORTH EAST FINALLY DELIVERED IN TERMS OF NEW PEOPLE ATTENDING THE VENUE FOR THE FIRST TIME! BRILLIANT ,HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT THE NEXT ONE!

GERRI,BOXY AND MOUSE ARE SPECIAL PEOPLE,LETS GET BEHIND THEM FOR THE NEXT ONE WHICH HAS AN A LIST DJ LINEUP ,ONE THING FOR CERTAIN ILL BE THEIR WITH THE NUTTY BOYS,GAZ SIMON,KEV KANE,COL DENHAM,KEV JOHNSON AND JEFF HEADS!

SEE YOU ALL AT THE NEXT LOWTON!

BAZ A

Edited by baz atkinson

just so aware

as requested, all 3 wilton lookbacks have been merged :wicked:

Thanks for that Mike I thought I was losing it there for a minute, did me posting went to preview it and the whole thing disappeared so here it is again :lol:

Its just about all been said but I'm gonna say it anyway - top venue, top crowd and top music. Itf was like coming home to be with the family and to be asked to play a few toons for an appreciative crowd was an honour - thanks Mouse, Boxy and Jerry you did yerselves, and us, proud.

Me and John Horsler were up for double-decking the last hour 6 til 7 but we decided to do half an hour each mine being 6.30 til 7.00 here's what I played and in no particular order.

Intentions - I Love You - Blue Light

Melvin Davis - I Must Love You - Groovesville

Rotations - I Can't Find Her - DeBrossard

Joan Baker - Everybody's Talking - Diamond

Azteca - Ain't Got No Special Woman - Columbia

Ann Sexton - I Still Love You - SS7

Garland Green - Angel Baby - Uni

Earl Lewis - She Blew My Mind - Rare Bird

Sheppards - How Do You Like It - Mirwood

Edward Hamilton - I'm Gonna Love You - Carrie

Bobby Taylor - Just A Little Bit Closer - Mowest

Fantastic Nu-Tymes - Darling Don't Leave Me - Click

Looking forward to 2nd May and that top line up so see y'all there.

Colin Wood.

Fantastic refurb and really pleased to see so many there , only been going to Wilton for about 2 or 3 years but it's the best atmosphere I have witnessed myself in that time. Right from the start there was a real buzz about the place.

Musically and this is only my opinion so I don't want to enter into any great debate , I would have liked to hear a little bit more Mid-Tempo , the Up-Tempo stuff that the majority of the crowd seemed to want did seem to dominate for long periods of time but I suppose the dancefloor told the true story and this type of soul music is by all accounts what the Wilton is all about.

Having said that we did enjoy the sets from Arthur & Maria , Baz Atkinson & Duncan and Maria and Carl Willingham. We left at 4.30 as I had been working 6 - 6 on Friday so can't really comment on last 3 sets.

Best tunes of the night for us were Anthony White , Vee-Gees , James Phelps , Matadors , Turbines ,Betty Wilson, Mary Moultrie , San Franciscan Tko's , Newsound , Ernie Johnson, Ward Burton and the awesome Magnetics-Count The Days.

Be great to see some more playlists !!

A quick mention also for the bar staff , excellent , friendly and efficient considering the amount of people they had to deal with.

Thanks to Dave , Mouse and Jerry for bringing this event back to the Soul Calendar and already looking forward to the next one with such an amazing line up.

See you soon

Paul & Sue :thumbsup:thumbsup.gif

Boxy & Coxy 4.00 - 5.00

This is my contribution to our set, probably not in play order:

Jimmy Robbins - Waiting On You - 20th Century

Pamela Beaty - Talking Eyes - Tip

Dee & Flo - This Or That - Dee Wolf

Fascinators - In Other Words - Bombay

Don Gardner - Tighten Up Your Love Bone - Cedric

Icemen - It's Time You Knew - Ole 9

Kavetts - I've Got A Story To Tell You - Lendre

John Wesley - Love Is A Funny Thing - Melic

Jimmy Hughes - Neighbor, Neighbor - Fame

(Good lead in for Shane's Otis Redding Track)

Phyllis Brown - Oh Baby - Rainbo

Temptones - Girl I Love You - Artic

May have missed some, but that's all I can remember.

Come on Shane, add the other half.

I did a very early spot with the gang but that is totally a blur, lost in the excitement when the place was almost full by 11 oclock - WHAT A NIGHT!!

Great sets by all DJs - See you all next time - Friday 2nd May.

Edited by Boxy

Well !! I really don't belieeeeeeve it.. that's three in a row, Joan !! How DO we manage to achieve that ??.. being at the same venue - and manage not to come across each others person the entire night !??!

I'm begining to wonder if, perhaps, we were both chameleons in a previous life ?? How is it even possible ?? unless we both unconsciously adapted our appearences, so as to blend in to the backround, if either of us came within 20 paces of each other !??!

What's your theory Joan ??

(A pondering) Fingers.. :):thumbsup:

My theory is that the last 10 or so years haven't been as kind to me as I'd thought :D

Guest outonthefloor

Boxy & Coxy 4.00 - 5.00

I did a very early spot with the gang but that is totally a blur, lost in the excitement when the place was almost full by 11 oclock - WHAT A NIGHT!!

He aint on here boxy but he has kindly sent me his playlist

Loved that Otis Track

Only the second time its been played out i think

Just wanna say .....

What a fantastic night of great soul

excellent venue

great crowd

Shane played...

THE SATISFACTIONS - TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT - SMASH

GERRI TAYLOR - EMPTY ARMS AND BITTER TEARS - CONSTELLATION

BILLY KENNEDY - THIS IS A GROOVY GENERATION - THELMA

SUSAN REWIS - THEY SAY YOU FOUND A NEW BABY - COLUMBIA

THE INSPIRATIONS - YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND - MIDAS

PAULETTE - LOVE YOU BABE - CONTACT

DANNY WOODS - YOU HAD ME FOOLED - CORREC-TONE

THE LOST SOUL - A SECRET OF MINE - RAVEN

OTIS REDDING - DEMONSTRATION - ATCO

THE RINGLEADERS - ALL OF MY LIFE - UNRELEASED M-PAC

BOBBY WOMACK - WHAT IS THIS - KEYMAN

SILKY HARGRAVES - KEEP LOVING ME - DEARBORN

Id like to say a massive thankyou to Trevski top bloke n a nice guy great to meet you

THANK YOU so much for the push xxx

Also nice to meet Baz A n really enjoyed his set..even if he did tell me 70s was the future lolol

Wilton will be a regular for me now

See ya all again soon.

Helen

XXXXX

Boxy & Coxy 4.00 - 5.00

Dave

See you could have given me "Paulette"...............it was Shane's biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Cheers

Martyn

www.hullsoulclub.com

Hi chaps, must say a big thanks to the organisers, Jerry, Mouse and Boxy for a great night. Sorry i had to leave earlly,we had good reasons as our young dog had only died a couple of days earlier and with a full litter of pups that were due to be born on Tuesday 25th March. So we were quite sad and could not really get into a happy mood.

Any way,here goes with my contribution on the night.Baz and me decided to play in 3s so i will give you my 3s as played. Not sure what Baz played inbetween.

SHIRLEY KAROL - JUST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY - DAKAR

CARLENA WEAVER - JEALOUSY - AUDEL

BARBARA JEAN & THE LYRICS - WHY WEREN,T YOU THERE - BIG HIT

CYNTHIA & THE IMAGINARY THREE - THATS WHAT I AM - BIG HIT

THE COUNTS - WHATS IT ALL ABOUT - T.M.

JIVE (FIVE)FYVE - IF I HAD A CHANCE TO LOVE YOU - DECCA

THE SOULVILLE ALL-STARS - I,M GONNA GET TO YOU - SOULVILLE

THE TWILIGHTS - YOU,RE THE ONE - AQUA

DARROW FLETCHER - WHAT HAVE I GOT NOW - JACKLYN

THE SAN FRANCISCAN TKO,S - MAKE UP YOUR MIND - KENT

MARY MOULTRIE - THEY,RE TRYING TO TEAR US APART - KING

THE ARABIANS - (PLEASE)TAKE A CHANCE ON ME - LE-MANS

THE ACCENTS - WHO YOU GONNA LOVE - ONE0DERFUL

Thanks once again for the invite and hope i see the whole night out next time

Regards,

Duncan McAllister

What a great night (to be honest any night is good for me nowadays as I don't go as often as I'd like to) but honestly it was excellent & congrats to the organisers - hope this sort of turn-out can be sustained!

Great to see some old and some even older faces and here's a few (sorry if I miss anyone but there were lots there);

The East Anglian connection

Ivan, Sean, Kev(Fev), Kev & Claire, Roger & Jenny

The Madchester/East Pennines mob

Harry, Colin & Karen, Tony & Sandy, Donna, Charlie & Eileen, Tony L (looking great by the way)

The Yorkshire Tykes

Tony H, Kev K, Howard E, Kyle, Dave & Kate, Craig & Debbie, Chuddy & Debbie (and Son Carl), Ronnie P, Martin B, Trev, Mick, Chalky, Derek P

Southern Shandy Drinkers

Kirsty (thanks for the earlier mention), Joan

The Midlands mallarkists

Dean, Frank G

Cheers

Mick H (the bionic man)

Guest Mrs Simsy

Well this was my first visit to the Wilton & it certainly won't be my last! What a fantastic night, i can't believe that i've never checked it out before!

Music was fantastic, i think i knew about 4 records all night but that was a good thing! I heard so many top records...it's just a shame that my memory is very hazy so thanks for posting playlists! :D

Was excellent to meet some fellow soul sourcers, Harry & Di, Topsoulcat, Kirsty (!!), outonthefloor ...i'm sorry if i've forgotten anyone!

As always, was lovely to see Ang & Paul (thanks for the Easter egg!), Johnny Beggs, Trevski, Fickle Fingers, Fudge & Tina & everybody else.

Must say once again, thanks to Fudge, Tina & my dad for the entertaining stories at the services on the way home. You guys are all nuts & i'm proud to have you as role models! :D:thumbsup:

Will be seeing you at the next one! :(

Guest soul kitten

first time in years for us at the wilton which could account for us getting lost on the way there :D (told you DI dont say a word only gets mad :D )

got to say really enjoyed ourselves,alot more than we did the last time we paid the Wilton a visit

the place looks good and was buzzing. Great music,Good company and a late bar all in all a fantastic night

nice to put somefaces to names on here .Ang the daffodils did the trick :thumbsup:

had to leave a bit early as had both been working ,managed to get lost on the way home too,snow to blame

really impressed with the whole package so will be back hopefully to the next one as dj line up first class.